Doom III is out there! W00T!

i dont play games at less than 1600x1200 lol any res under is lame :p

guess i gotta upgrade finally

Uh, with a 5600 Ultra ?

I'm surprised you even KNOW about 1600 x 1200 :p

Nothing at SoCo STL BB.

Though these sort of early leaks have happened before. Chain stores sometimes get shipments ahead of time with instructions to hold the item til a certain date. Some places use that date to have Midnight sales and the like.

While some with managers that can't read instructions or want to try to get a jump on the competition will put stuff out early. This sometimes results in lawsuits from the publisher as those stores broke agreements to put out a product on a certain date regardless of when they receieved them. I think Madden 2004 had a lot of these and EA jumped on all of the offendng companies.

It's just a game, why do you care???!! I actually think this game will suck, but hey I could always be wrong :) Yeah, that's right. I have an opinion and it's different than your's! :o!

I don't think it will suck, but...

I gotta agree with you about Alley Baggett though. ;)

i know its just a game. and i don't care what your opinion is. i just dont' like when someone totally disses it and hasn't even tried the game or knows what it is about

yup, naysayers will always complain about the game looking crap, the game looks like crap in screenshots because the people who took thos escreenshots have crap pc's, those with 6800 cards will show us what the game REALLY looks like

I think it is funny how these people are saying...." it doesn't look good to me".....WHAT WILL??? Shrek quality? This is as close to that as we have gotten!

I wonder if when thinking about that "shrek quality" they realise how many passes that takes and the cost of the hardware involved in getting there :laugh:

The game is way to dark. The graphics and models look very detailed but I think due to their desire to bring fear and atmosphere to the game they over did it. I mean come on, who wants to run the whole game with a flashlight.

to the store employees who can get it for $30- $33. wow! impressive!

but i think i'll pay the $50 and keep my job and fly around the world for free as many times as i want. :woot:

A few hours into the game now, and i'm really disappointed. Sure it looks pretty amazing (FarCry for me is *still* more visually impressive) but the gameplay is seriously lacking. I can't believe how easy this game is. I'm expecting alot of whiplash from saying that from the "Doom is the Messiah" brainwashed individuals, but whatever. I am quite impressed by the sound of the game, in a dark room and with a good surround setup, its really immersive in that aspect. While everything is well detailed, it really lacks a solid feeling of realism (like the walls, the floors, etc) all feels very plastic. Also the movements of the creatures aren't at all impressive.

So, my feelings on the game so far:

Graphics 7/10

Sound 10/10

Animations 4/10

Scare Factor 10/10

Challenge 5/10

I'm hoping as I progress a bit further things get more interesting, and possibly more difficult.

A few hours into the game now, and i'm really disappointed. Sure it looks pretty amazing (FarCry for me is *still* more visually impressive) but the gameplay is seriously lacking. I can't believe how easy this game is. I'm expecting alot of whiplash from saying that from the "Doom is the Messiah" brainwashed individuals, but whatever. I am quite impressed by the sound of the game, in a dark room and with a good surround setup, its really immersive in that aspect. While everything is well detailed, it really lacks a solid feeling of realism (like the walls, the floors, etc) all feels very plastic. Also the movements of the creatures aren't at all impressive.

So, my feelings on the game so far:

Graphics 7/10

Sound 10/10

Animations 4/10

Scare Factor 10/10

Challenge 5/10

I'm hoping as I progress a bit further things get more interesting, and possibly more difficult.

Dude, if you could write some more you could post a review in the Reviews forum.

and yeah your lucky that you have it earlier than most of us. :devil:

Here is " a " screen, will throw a Doom 3 Multiplayer server up once its installed, then will grab some DM shots,

im goign to call teh Server

"Neowin's Lucky Few"

password is going to be " Hell " no caps

will post Server Ip ocne i configure the router

it will be backed by a 1.5Mb DSL connection, i cant vouch for the ping cause i dont know how much bandwith utilization D3 will suck up.

post-16-1091244464.jpg