NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

Took long enough lol. :) Nah, glad your able to access mate. Been at work all day, havent had chance to grab a Admin, but I am trying now. :)

JMann

hrm, i still havent figured out how i can submit my graphics...

if you are creating graphics for someone, go to the Artist Workdesk, find the request you have a graphic for, and there should be an add link on the right, submit the URL, and that's it.

Just curious, for those who have submitted requests, have you received an email when someone submits a URL.

Edit: in order to do this, you have to have specified an email address in the user options.

We should have a NeoRequest Forum by tommorow morning. Please do not post in it though until it is sorted, by myself. But I bet you lot won't listen! :)

Just curious, for those who have submitted requests, have you received an email when someone submits a URL.

Edit: in order to do this, you have to have specified an email address in the user options.

I did, twice.

I pressed log out and i got:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

After a few minutes it worked again.. is there any chance of fixing that error ever? Otherwise love hte new style. :-)

I pressed log out and i got:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

After a few minutes it worked again.. is there any chance of fixing that error ever? Otherwise love hte new style. :-)

do you remember what page you were looking at when that happened? Has it happened more than once?

We are at version 1.09.

I modified some backend code to prepare for other skins.

I modified the comment section so when you type a http://website it will create a link for it automatically.

I added a new section to the Request. You can now offer a payment for a graphic. All payment details will be handled outside of Neorequest, but the ability to let someone know you can/want to pay for a graphic is there. This is totally optional.

If you have alerts turned on, you will also receive a payment reminder when you mark the request complete.

mm... just checking neo request... and im using fire fox and its text only... when i use IE it looks perfect... any reason for that?

thanks

-Farmer

do you remember what page you were looking at when that happened? Has it happened more than once?

Heres how i understand the error. Cause it makes sense.

THe following is what i think so i may be off completly.

The reason i get that error is cause it takes a long time for NeoRequest to send the signal to the neowin user server or whatever and get it back. So when i click log out, it takes a long time for the neowin thing to realise that, so it messes up. After a few minutes it allows me to log in again. It doesnt matter what page i am on, everytime i click log out i get the error page for a few minutes

The reason i get that error is cause it takes a long time for NeoRequest to send the signal to the neowin user server or whatever and get it back. So when i click log out, it takes a long time for the neowin thing to realise that, so it messes up. After a few minutes it allows me to log in again. It doesnt matter what page i am on, everytime i click log out i get the error page for a few minutes

Nice idea. But in my ideas, I think its something to do with the server, but good idea, I am sure Chorpeac would look into that. There isnt a Forum yet, I will be on it later if its not on in the next few hours. REDMAK! :happy:

JMann

mm... just checking neo request... and im using fire fox and its text only... when i use IE it looks perfect... any reason for that?

thanks

-Farmer

OK, I think you were experiencing this as I was updating. I checked it out in firefox and I have just one issue. The top box with the statistics in it is slightly to the right. Everything else looked fine. I see all the graphics...

It's also slower in firefox.... :) (not on purpose though)

Double check this again ok?

Ok here is what happens....

When you log in, Neorequest contacts Neowin to authenticate your user info. Once Neorequest gets the OK, there is no more contact with Neowin. So when you click Logoff, it is not contacting Neowin.

What browser are you using? I have not found this error in IE or firefox.

Can you submit a screenshot please?

I know men, its hard, but what do you think about having a girlie colour as well, just for the ladies if they want it?

JMann

I have no issue with that. Go for it!