NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

Personally, I don't think the ads need to be there, they were just part of the original neowin page design we were using....but I'm not getting paid for them, so I don't necessarily need them! I vote the ads will be removed in Jmanns version. Only if this ever is on Neowin's server would their need to be ads.

Personally, I don't think the ads need to be there, they were just part of the original neowin page design we were using....but I'm not getting paid for them, so I don't necessarily need them! I vote the ads will be removed in Jmanns version. Only if this ever is on Neowin's server would their need to be ads.

Indeed my fair Chorpeac. Indeed. :laugh:

Update: Chorpeac will be working on scripting the Skin tonight. What we have pretty much decided in this skin it will:

1. There will be no Adverts. Unless Neowin comes into trouble or we have some real ugly gap, with nothing in. These Adverts arent attractive, and we would like to do without them where possible.

2. It will replace the current skin at the moment, but the skin in now will be available in the User Options section.

3. The Lite theme will still be developed but later on.

4. It will be with you asap. :)

Myself and Chorpeac will keep you all informed any questions I will be around to answer them. Oh, and soon there will be a proper link to NeoRequest on the Neowin forums. Once we get the skin working, and we are happy with testing it. :)

JMann :)

OK got the skin spliced, and I will be editing the application to incorporate the new design. Since the new design is different HTML wise, the current skin is not going to work. Jmann will be able to customize the current skin to many different color schemes, but the item placement will remain the same. The overall design is slightly different from the original Neowin design but represented well.

OK got the skin spliced, and I will be editing the application to incorporate the new design. Since the new design is different HTML wise, the current skin is not going to work. Jmann will be able to customize the current skin to many different color schemes, but the item placement will remain the same. The overall design is slightly different from the original Neowin design but represented well.

Good, good. Just saying, someone else is having ago at it as well, so its going to be tight. hehe. :) We will see.

Good stuff on the Neowin side of things!

JMann

Good, good. Just saying, someone else is having ago at it as well, so its going to be tight. hehe. :) We will see.

Good stuff on the Neowin side of things!

JMann

JMann go on the MSN you ahve listed. Ive been trying to contact you.

Id be willing to help with the skin/html coding stuff. Im good at it and have a lot of free time.

Also if the theme is gonna be Longhorn, the screen on "create a request" shouldnt be MAC OS X.

Id be willing to help with the skin/html coding stuff. Im good at it and have a lot of free time.

Also if the theme is gonna be Longhorn, the screen on "create a request" shouldnt be MAC OS X.

Or the Gnome home icon ;)

But it looks nice (Y)

I like the old skin better to tell the truth. I could come up with a different theme for you if ya wanted. (also one that would validate and work in both ie and firefox equally)

the arrows on the request page aren't showing up.. and some of the posted graphics too.. just wondered if this was just me or if you guys are working on it alreay... :p

Looks very nice! :D

...to bad the Neowin homepage doesn't look like this....

I agree! :yes:

the arrows on the request page aren't showing up.. and some of the posted graphics too.. just wondered if this was just me or if you guys are working on it alreay... :p

Looks very nice! :D

I agree! :yes:

I just updated things right before you posted....there shouldn't be any problems now.

I just updated things right before you posted....there shouldn't be any problems now.

:pinch: :unsure:

Looks awesome guys! Good job!

I think Jmann was going to collaborate with Neowin staff to see about getting a link or something going for it.

I am trying to get in touch with either Neobond or Redmak, but dude, they always disappear! Thanks for your comments guys, here are my replys to just to let you know I appreciate you all!

NFDC : It will be looking like NeoRequest soon as Toxikk finishes the skin.

Weatherdown: Thanks for the nice comments.

I am trying to get an Admin now. Might be done by tonight. Might be.

JMann