NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

Personally I like the new ones better. :)

Let's see what others think.

Edit: Maybe make the text stand out a little bit more if possible.

#3 Looks best... mabey make them bigger too :unsure:

<XML>

<Edit>The results are in and, the comments should be on the same page as the request :D </Edit>

</XML> :laugh:

^ https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...dpost&p=2559225

I'm going to try and get some screenshots of my progress tonight, assuming I don't run into anymore problems.

I put in a request over at NeoRequest earlier for some graphics I need for it, if someone would like to help me out :)

There is a problem with editing the size details on your reqest. I want mine to bne 760x100 on this request this request but everytime I change it it goes back to 760x760 which was entered by mistake.

When I delete the size details it show up with none but if i try to replace details it comes up with the 760x760 for both.

Yeah I am currently working on some bug fixes, I am almost done. I should be able to post the updated version this weekend.

yeah that is one of the bugs that will be fixed. :)

Edit: Just saw what was causing that...."copy paste bug"

Could you put the stats on every page?

Otherwise there's always a big ugly space :x

Also on the view all requests, could you make it to where

hit the status and it makes it show first all the unassined then the assained and then the completed (Y)

And will the next update have the new features?

Another idea-

for the staus of the folowing put,

Unassigned- Red Circle

Assigned- Yellow Circle

Completed- Green Circle

This would make it easier to follow :)

OK I'm adding the stats to the other pages, and I am adding a color to the text. Not another graphic. It's going to be red for unassigned, a brownyellow for assigned, and green for completed.

I'm keeping the data sorted by date, because you can use the drop down on the right to get all assigned, unassigned, completed, etc...

Yes, it will have additional features! :D

Sorry, its not really a bug. I called this one a bug because it's "bugging" me... :)

It's just a database select I need to modify to get the right information.... :)

I have to retool some Database Accessing for the ratings, but after that it should be ready. I would say 1-2 hours