NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

Im more concerned about the buttons. It looks like there is a 50px left/right border though, which may fix the problem.

which buttons, the hide/show ones?

Just out of interest.. i noticed that when someone submitted a graphic for my request its status went to completed. Surely I should be able to decide whether it was completed or not. What if the graphic was really crap and not what i was looking for (incidentally, b0b, sig is ace, cheers)

Just out of interest.. i noticed that when someone submitted a graphic for my request its status went to completed. Surely I should be able to decide whether it was completed or not. What if the graphic was really crap and not what i was looking for (incidentally, b0b, sig is ace, cheers)

You noticed what I was going to work on next.

Currently working on the ability to edit comments.

Then I will work on the status confusion.

Ok I am going to slightly modify the status system.

A request will follow this path

Unassigned -> Assigned -> Graphics Submitted -> Completed

This allows the requestor the ability to control when it is over. This way artists will still know to work on a request, and it just let's everyone know better what the request status is.

Edited by chorpeac

Hi, I've just submited a request, and it hasn't showed up.

I did have a long time before hitting new request and submitting (had to go and do something else) so I assume this is why, but I didn't get any error.

Or does it just take a while for requests to appear? (sorry, I've not had the time to read through all 7 pages)

Edit: I guess it timed out, I've submitted it again, and it seems to have worked.

Edited by andrewfee

OK I have the comment editing working. I also have the status situation fixed. I will post an update tonight when I get home.

News on NeoRequest Skins. :)

Well, one is looking pretty good so far, the Ice Blue, I am currently modifiying the code slightly in some places to add new things. There will only be the main colour changes though, at the moment. I am also looking in to modifying the page layouts and navigation etc. But we will see. Also, hopefully in time, we will be able to rack out a NeoRequest Lite theme too, two make the loading easier on 56k users.

JMann

He means this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="https://www.neowin.net/favicon.ico" />

to set the favicon with the page. I too swiped it :whistle:

Ah ha! The ones you get when you save things to your favourites etc. Nice, I suppose it would be possible. Ive got to clean this code first, way too much Neowin junk in it! :)

JMann

no I got this:

Yeah, sorry its a ASP.net error that keeps popping up, Chorpeac is trying to fix it and should do soon. But everything should be ok once you refresh your page. Ctrl & F5. We are working on it!

JMann :)

got a note from the hoster, they are performing maintenance...I'm currently not able to ftp updates. It will be down during maintenance until I post again here.

Sorry guys

Neorequest is back up.

Edit comments is new.

Requests are now completed by the requestor selecting the Mark as completed option.

I modified all requests that were completed to be in the Graphics Submitted state. Now all requestors need to mark the request complete.

So, how's it going?

Hmm, well, I have got pretty much the colours sorted and the Lite theme is currently been worked on by an individual I know for coding wise. But I really want to work on the interface more, but I dont now yet, its still a very big work in progress I suppose. It will be quite a while yet I suspect. I am just at the moment trying to do graphics and tidying up the code from Invision as some of that is clogging up the system and holding loading times, so its been cleaned for the Lite theme so it loads faster.

JMann :))