NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

Under "Artists Workdesk"

It says- "Neorequest> Artist WorkdeskB"

Is that right?

Other than that it looks ok (Y)

I don't see that... :D

Fixed.

A suggestion- Under User Name or Artist Name

can you make it to where one can click on the name and

view their profile or completed work or such?

just a suggestion ;)

Does it use the neowin database or is it a mirror of the database ?

It is using the Neowin Users database, but it uses it's own database for everything else.

how i can post my work????

You have to accept a request, and then go to the artist workdesk and add a URL to the request.

A suggestion- Under User Name or Artist Name

can you make it to where one can click on the name and

view their profile or completed work or such?

just a suggestion ;)

I am looking into this. I think that is a good feature. I will see what I can do, because all that has to come from the Neowin databases. So I'll have to run that threw Redmak. Thanks for the tip though.

The only thing I dont like about it is that you cant see the work that others have done. (at least as far as I can see so far)

Before I accept a request I want to see what others have done, that way I can know if I can totally PWN them, or if they are more elite then I.

Yeah you can. When you view a request, there is a dropdown on the right, go to completed work, and it will show all work done so far. :D

Yeah you can. When you view a request, there is a dropdown on the right, go to completed work, and it will show all work done so far. :D

lol. I only just worked that out as well. Ah well. :p

chorpeac, did you see my entry in your sig thing?

Oh yeah, saw it....looks cool! I rated mine.

got this error when trying to log out

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

NeoRequest.Login.DecryptString(String input)

NeoRequest.Login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

NFDC has a point. I think it should say in progress when someone has submitted one, and then the requestor can select one of them for the final, then it will be closed (completed) and 1 point should go somewhere in the users 'profile' type thing that others can view, so that theres a slight incentive (more points) and others can see how much this member has submitted and had accepted.

Just an idea.

Josh

This happened when refreshing "completed work"

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

NeoRequest.Objects.DBAccess.GeneralSelect(String[] selectParameters, String TableName, Hashtable whereParameters, String[] orderByParameters)

NeoRequest.Objects.DBAccess.GetApprovalRating(String ArtistName)

NeoRequest.GraphicsRequestView.CompletedWorkList_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +110

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +139

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +686

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +49

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +23

NeoRequest.GraphicsRequestView.BindCompletedWork(Int32 ID)

NeoRequest.GraphicsRequestView.ViewSelection_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +26

System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +115

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1081

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

The other thread is closed! Noo. Yeah, I have seen that error once trying to refresh the Login screen, it does it a lot of refreshes I think. It looks scary but just reload and it should work fine for the rest of the time.

JMann