• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

+chorpeac    30

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

+chorpeac    30
Is this a hosting issue or a neowin issue? I mean im guessing the script cant access the authentication server or something. Im also getting the Neowin Authentication did not complete. Please try again...

The operation has timed-out.

well unfortunately I think this is a hosting issue. Not a Neowin issue. I can run it perfectly from my local machine....

I have another ticket in for this...It should be resolved in the morning...Eastern time.

Tiekenei    0
I was able to login this morning. i even posted a request, but i can't login anymore.. says it could not verify authentication or something. just keeps asking for my password over and over..

anyway, just wondered if you guys are working on it right now or if its down or something..

thanks!

weatherdown

I accepted your request, and I have posted something.

link

Ok? Or not? :ninja:

+chorpeac    30

OK guys, Everything seems to be running at 100% again.

Donuts, please try your login! :) Redmak said he thinks he got most special characters working.

DoNuTs    0

he username/password are incorrect. Please try again...

:cry: I'm 10000% sure i'm using the right info. just logged in and out of Neowin a few times and it works.

inf|nity    0
OK guys, Everything seems to be running at 100% again.

Redmak said he thinks he got most special characters working.

Redmak got mine working.

Working here 100%..

+chorpeac    30
he username/password are incorrect. Please try again...

:cry:: I'm 10000% sure i'm using the right info. just logged in and out of Neowin a few times and it works.

Awww...poor DoNuTs?....I've sent Redmak another PM. I'm sure he just needs to get your ? as one of the special characters....

We'll get this straightened out. You will be a valid user!!!

DoNuTs    0

Pwoor wittle Donut :(

It's just great to see such dedication to this (Y) Keep up the fine work

David43    0

Hey I like the idea of NeoRequest. I've put in a couple of requests, I'm looking forward to seeing how the new system works.

nicholasadams    0

Yay! Finally got in, and it looks AWESOME! Awesome job JMann and Chorpeac (Y) (Y)

VG11489    0

Very good site Awsome job (Y)

+chorpeac    30

Thanks guys, if you have any problems, comments, recommendations, post here.

weatherdown    0

hey is there any way you can make it so you can edit your posted comments? basically like we can on neowin.. Just wondered, don't need to, just thought it was a good idea. Love the system though. works great!

Knight'    0

Still can't logon :|

TheDogsBed    7

Take a look at the email text-box on "Create a New Request" in Firefox. It stretches the browser window horizontally.

+chorpeac    30
hey is there any way you can make it so you can edit your posted comments? basically like we can on neowin.. Just wondered, don't need to, just thought it was a good idea. Love the system though. works great!

Yeah it could be possible. I will check into it.

+chorpeac    30
Take a look at the email text-box on "Create a New Request" in Firefox. It stretches the browser window horizontally.

I'll modify that, unfortunately...firefox doesn't like the style="width:100%" on textboxes....

nice copy-cat system there Sniper

hava333    0

I have a suggestion for the rating system.

I think that if the requester specifies a size, they should only be able to rate those images that are of that size. Im guessing it would be pretty comlicated to read the size of an image then compare it withe the requested size. This wouldnt prevent people from posting larger or smaller sized images. I think it would reward the people that follow the directions.

JMann    2
I'll modify that, unfortunately...firefox doesn't like the style="width:100%" on textboxes....

nice copy-cat system there Sniper

Cant get his own ideas. Stops there, to not get into trouble. :yes:

Well done guys and especially Chorpeac! Man, I have been at work today and will be till Friday, just earning lots of cash! :D But Neowin will have my full attention on Saturday, and if your lucky Sunday! hehe! ;)

JMann. :happy:

JMann    2

Damn error messages which equal double posts! :p

weatherdown    0

Can you make it so you can change the rating after youv'e rated something?

sorry, i'm sure you've got lots of stuff to deal with.. just a suggestion... again :D

+chorpeac    30

I think that if the requester specifies a size, they should only be able to rate those images that are of that size. Im guessing it would be pretty comlicated to read the size of an image then compare it withe the requested size. This wouldnt prevent people from posting larger or smaller sized images. I think it would reward the people that follow the directions.

Though you have an excellent point, I think this is going to be up to the requestor to decide. He/she is originally looking for what they asked for. But sometimes the artist has a better idea, and it might come out a little different (size, add/removed color here and there, etc.) Plus, reading the sizes of the image could probably be done at some point if the image was on the server. Since they are URLs...it's probably doable, but not practical.

weatherdown    0

sorry, i'm sure you've got lots of stuff to deal with.. just a suggestion... again :D

+chorpeac    30

Though you have an excellent point, I think this is going to be up to the requestor to decide. He/she is originally looking for what they asked for. But sometimes the artist has a better idea, and it might come out a little different (size, add/removed color here and there, etc.) Plus, reading the sizes of the image could probably be done at some point if the image was on the server. Since they are URLs...it's probably doable, but not practical.

+chorpeac    30

Well, I am going to have to say no to this. The rating system is not meant to be buddy buddy. You are honestly suppose to rate work when you rate it, not change your mind and go back and re-rate it. It is suppose to be like Ebay feedback. So you should rate honestly the first time.

weatherdown    0

^^ Understandable.. just a thought... the person that did my request, posted the new stuff with the old stuff so there was no way to rate the new stuff... no biggie, i just thought it fair to the artist to be able to have the rating changed. either that or you could put a note in there somewhere telling the artists to make a seperate post. Anyway, just my $0.02...