NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

I know the error isnt a big deal, but it doesnt look good. And it obviously happens for a reason. I think i needs to be fixed jmann.

How do you change the status?

After one submition it automaticly makes it completed??

This is a very valid change request. However consider the consequences...

Ok if the request is allowed to be closed by the requestor:

-No further graphics can be submitted (meaning no new ideas from other artists) after it is closed

-No new artists can lend a different view to a request.

If it is kept how it is now:

-New artists can accept and add new work at any time

-An Artist can add more graphics at any time

Maybe what we have here is concern over the word "completed". Maybe I should combine these...

-Allow the requestor the ability to accept a graphic as the one to use.

-Allow new graphics to be added.

-Allow new artists to work on the request

This third option would just be one more step. The requestor would formally accept a submitted graphic or set. Changing the status to "Accepted"

Thoughts?

NFDC has a point. I think it should say in progress when someone has submitted one, and then the requestor can select one of them for the final, then it will be closed (completed) and 1 point should go somewhere in the users 'profile' type thing that others can view, so that theres a slight incentive (more points) and others can see how much this member has submitted and had accepted.

Just an idea.

Josh

There is a voting system in place, where the requestor can rate the graphics submitted by the artists. This is the current incentive. I am planning to work in a scheme that shows the top rated artists...

I know the error isnt a big deal, but it doesnt look good. And it obviously happens for a reason. I think i needs to be fixed jmann.

I will check this out...Did this happen in the artist workdesk or on a request view?

I can't seem to get past the text "Transferring to NeoRequest login...", did like 5 refreshes, and each time waited around 7 minutes each. I'm really anxious to see this, too...

Well it looks like there is something going on with the server....I put a ticket in. I hope it gets resolved quickly....Sorry guys... :wacko:

It's back up. Sorry about this. I keep this in mind, and if it continues...we'll look at different hosting.

People have hiccups sometimes. :D

You should get it hosted on asmallorange.com... Then you could relax. :)

Yes, I saw them before....I am considering them ATM... :) Thanks for the reminder.

Just to give you guys an update:

The issue with the server that your website is hosted on has now been

resolved. I have checked your website and it is working correctly.

Our server technicians will monitor the server to make sure that the issue

does not occur again.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Inf|nity and Donuts, try to login. Redmak said he took care of the |, i'm trying to figure out if other characters are good to go also.

StOrM offered to host the site on Circlehosting.net as well, thats where the images are located as well. Would that be an idea? Or we can just get them to host it on the Neowin servers. lol. :D

I was able to login this morning. i even posted a request, but i can't login anymore.. says it could not verify authentication or something. just keeps asking for my password over and over..

anyway, just wondered if you guys are working on it right now or if its down or something..

thanks!

weatherdown

wow. i could log on before but now i cant

"Neowin Authentication did not complete. Please try again..."

ive tried soo many times. so yeah. plz fix when u have time :D

edit: Oh i see im not the only one with this problem

Yeah I am not able to log in either...maybe Redmak is messing with the login authentication on Neowin's side. He and I were in communication trying to get the special characters in some usernames working...

Edit: Nothing has changed on the neorequest side since this morning

Ok well I put a little more information in there...It is timing out. So I asked my host if there are any lingering problems that might be causing this. I will see if I can increase the timeout period.

I increased it from 10 seconds to 30...still happening...

Is this a hosting issue or a neowin issue? I mean im guessing the script cant access the authentication server or something. Im also getting the Neowin Authentication did not complete. Please try again...

The operation has timed-out.