SP2 OUT on Windows Beta

I'm going to ask this and hopefully not get banned.

Why is the one of the stated reasons of removing links to avoid bad versions when all the bad version links are left?

Especially considering the fact the good version has a digital signature thus proving it to be a good version?

Why is the one of the stated reasons of removing links to avoid bad versions when all the bad version links are left?

Especially considering the fact the good version has a digital signature thus proving it to be a good version?

its not officially released to public yet...

Show me the posts and they will be removed... and for the second... not everybody knows how to check for digital sigs.

I'd like to ask you guys something.

This SP2 Alpha/Beta/final process has been going on for some time.

It was always in English, German and some other language. Then i ask ... Why for en example Germany?

Why not Swedish? Danish? Russian?

Because right now they are doing it for the Major countries that would benefit for them the most. then comes the smaller ones.

Show me the posts and they will be removed... and for the second... not everybody knows how to check for digital sigs.

So the mods are the "stupid police" now? You should start with the jokes and funny stuff forum.

I can see blocking links to warez ... but to a service pack? Come on. Its a service pack. Ohhh noes!!!! People want to p0rtect0r theyre p00ters!!!!!1

It's not the population. MS is focusing on the countries that use their product the most and were they are needed the most. You dont se Russians with computers that much now do you?

OK. Windows XP RTM'ed at 12.00pm Pacific Time. Check this by searching Google News with "windows xp sp2 press release" and you will see. All these press releases were "Not for release before" 12pm Pacific Time Friday 6th August.

Question to the mods - do you feel powerful ? :rofl:

I'd like to ask you guys something.

This SP2 Alpha/Beta/final process has been going on for some time.

It was always in English, German and some other language. Then i ask ... Why for en example Germany?

Why not Swedish? Danish? Russian?

Associated Press

Update 5: Microsoft Releases Windows Security Update

08.06.2004, 03:39 PM

Microsoft Corp. released a long-awaited security update for Windows XP computers on Friday, a response to the growing number of security shortcomings in the market-dominant operating system.

The free upgrade won't be available to everyone right away, however. Microsoft said the timing will depend on several factors, including customers' Internet usage, location and language as well as the overall demand for the package, dubbed Service Pack 2.

Customizing the fixes in 25 languages will take two months, the company said. >

English-language users will get the update earlier as Microsoft distributes it to computer manufacturers, companies and home users through downloads, free CDs and other means.

The upgrade, which Chairman Bill Gates said modifies less than 5 percent of the nearly 3-year-old operating system, is designed to make users safer from cyberattacks by sealing entries to viruses, better protecting personal data and fending off spyware.

For regular users, the most noticeable change will be a series of new prompts users will see. Users will be asked to actively give permission for programs to interact with their computers, so there is less chance they will be hit by a virus or inadvertently allow malicious software that can monitor computer activities.

So the mods are the "stupid police" now? You should start with the jokes and funny stuff forum.

I can see blocking links to warez ... but to a service pack? Come on. Its a service pack. Ohhh noes!!!! People want to p0rtect0r theyre p00ters!!!!!1

This is a mad rush for many people to try and get it now, perfect time to fake or hack the update to have some virus in it, and getting it not truely from the source when it hasnt been released to the public yet can cause many problems for many people...they are looking out for people who are just going to grab anything that says rtm 2180

so who cares if links are posted

this is a free software update 'FREE' being the obvious, who cares if it hasnt been repleased to the public

why release it to beta testers ??? to start spreading it thats why... MS wants everybody to have it so why not release

to beta testers who in turn will post links on this site to get it

what a waste of time for some power tripping moderators to edit and delete posts and threads

"becasue its not a public release yet"

ban me if you want whatever, but you guys are going to far

you are a moron neowin can be shut down for supplying links you know

its against NDA to let sp2 out unless its oficially on microsoft.com

this is a free software update 'FREE' being the obvious, who cares if it hasnt been repleased to the public

why release it to beta testers ??? to start spreading it thats why... MS wants everybody to have it so why not release

what a waste of time for some power tripping moderators to edit and delete posts and threads

Beta testers get it first because they made the product what it is, get it?

Not to spread it, idiot.

Radish?

when its ready, a good link that is valid for downloading sp2 is

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

direct links to torrents and stuff bypass the agreements they make you accept when downloading it

Yeah, but what a way to find the beta testers that leak Microsoft code.

Beta testers get it first............Not to spread it, idiot.

Ok, explain to us "idiots" where leaked code comes from, if the beta testers are the ones who get it first, and have such unfounding loyality to Bill Gates, that they would rather sacrifice their children to Heathen gods rather than take a chance at leaking the code?

Sorry for the question, but what's "its against NDA", the NDA thing??? :blink:

non disclosure agreement, keep mouth shut about anything to do with it :o)