XP SP2 BUG's

All 3 of my computers are running with no issues. 1 of them was a upgrade from sp1a to sp2 and 2 of them were clean installs using my sp2 slipstream disk.

I just installed it today and the only problem i've ran into so far was getting my video card drivers installed, but it was just because the supplied ones wouldn't work and I had to get the update from Microsoft :blush: .

Well, I can't retract that post now so it's in this post. Just this morning when I tried to boot up my computer it went past the bootscreen and just went to a black screen for about 3 minutes so I had to do a manual restart. Next time it booted up fine but I'm a little worried about how it booted the first time :unsure:

Hmm got a new bugs in the final of SP2.

1) Installed WinXP slipstreamed SP1a. Have administrator username changed to my nickname, thri-p (I dont know if its the same case for other usernames or not), without any password. Installed SP2. Make a password for my account. CTRL-ALT-DEL, Lock Computer... and when I want to unlock, ta-da! I still dont need a password to unlock and my password that I made doesn't work. Weird..

2) WMP9 hangs when it tries to play the next mp3 (Incubus song :p) when WMP is minimized to Task Bar/ToolBar.

3) PC reboot by itself after being on for 24 hours and while playing an mp3 on WMP9.

4) Explorer.exe appears to hang/not work.. checked Task Manager, WMP9 is using 50% CPU. Killed WMP9 and explorer goes back normal.

I've also got other weird incidences after I installed SP2.. but nothing worthy to be noted .. yet.

Any of you have any of the same problem?

2) WMP9 hangs when it tries to play the next mp3 (Incubus song :p) when WMP is minimized to Task Bar/ToolBar.

Gee no wonder, get rid of the Incubus and that error should be fixed :p

Anyway, quick n00b question but I completely forgot how to do this. Anyone remember where in settings you can change it so that ctrl + alt + delete goes to that computer lock screen instead of the taskmanager?

Well, I can't retract that post  now so it's in this post. Just this morning when I tried to boot up my computer it went past the bootscreen and just went to a black screen for about 3 minutes so I had to do a manual restart. Next time it booted up fine but I'm a little worried about how it booted the first time  :unsure:

A driver is most likely the cause (from my n00bish experiences.)

Slipstreamed SP2 after the install, i went to WU and installed the updated nvidia drives there and rebooted. my system went to 16 colors 320*200. :rofl: I had to install the forceware off nvidia's site

Had SP2 running on one out of 3 machines since Monday. I'm waiting until I can make a full backup of the other two machines before putting SP2 anywhere near it.

One minor bug I just noticed is as follows:

I run an 802.11G access point which up until today has been running with WEP (Sometimes XP decides it doesn't like the drivers that support WPA without SP2).

With SP2 on I decided to switch over to WPA.

Connection works fine, except the icon in the systray is constantly animated and keeps saying "Acquiring Network Address" ie it is doing DHCP. That is dumb because all setting on the adapter are manuall assigned.

I go into services under the control panel and re-enable "DHCP Client" to see if that makes a difference and lo and behold the icon goes to connected state.

The connection actually worked anyway regardless but the continually animated icon was bugging me.

• 2 months later...