Norton AntiVirus (XP-SP2) - Fix Now Available

We've all noticed that Norton AntiVirus isn't recognised with WindowsXP Service Pack 2's Security Centre. Well, this morning I ran LiveUpdate and noticed a new update (WMI Master Patch). This sorted out the problem without the need for rebooting.

P.S.

I had to run LiveUpdate twice:

LiveU_1 = Norton AntiVirus Updates

LiveU_2 = WMI Master Patch

post-8-1092206427.jpg

is there a way to get a downloadable ver of the update (in an exe file instead of running live update as i have my sp2 cd almost ready and i wanna include the norton patch

Because they dont this type of update for 2003 maybe only 2004

anyway no you dont need RTM to downlaod the update im still on SP1a and it downlaoded it for me

What about this one? should we have this ticked?

If u want Sp2 to check it for updated definitions etc then no. If yes even if Nortons if off or out of date Sp2 will not bug you about it.

Anyway to change this option once u clicked it originally...been lookin options ...nothing.

Norton AntiVirus, Internet Security, Personal Firewall and SystemWorks 2002, 2003 and 2004 will require an update. All other versions are fine as they only run on 9x.

i know they required an update

but will security center now detect mine norton firewall that came with internet security 2004?

can't check right now, because i'm at work

yep got this update about 2 hours ago.

norton anti-virus 2004 pro is now being detected by SP2.

i'm also using Zonealarm pro instead of SP2 firewall without any problems. just disabled SP2 firewall and it will detect zonealarm.