Norton AntiVirus (XP-SP2) - Fix Now Available

hmm, anyone have any news about an update for corp 8.x?

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/enterpris...patibility.html

Well, the roadmap updated on the last day of the previous target release date...we can now expect SAV Corp 8.x to be detected by the security center in NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On behalf of everyone who uses this and is annoyed by the popup windows, I say BOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I just ran LiveUpdate and nothing shows up. Not that I need it anyway, I turned off Security Center.

Which version of AntiVirus do you have?

Also, it may of been downloaded automatically (Norton does that in the background if enabled). Otherwise, keep on waiting and it'll be available for your version soon.

P.S.

I started this thread 11th August, and it's still strong without people posting new threads and keeping this alive - that's a good thing :)

I ran LiveUpdate on two computers which Ihave on a home network - both got WMI screen about allowing information to be shared - both have WMI on the Update items of LiveUpdater now. Sorry it isn't working for you. Evidently Symantec is still screwed up for some reason. But......it did work for me TWICE.

Which version of AntiVirus do you have?

I'm running Norton Pro 2003. I ran LiveUpdate a few seconds ago and nothing showed up. Perhaps I downloaded it but didn't realize it since all I do is press next when something is available.

By the way, I have auto update off, so it didn't do it in the background.

Looks like Symantec would provide some information regarding this to their customers - who are they, if we (the customers) aren't out here? Typical of today's "American" attitude - don't give a damn about the other person - even if it is your customer or employee. (off my soap-box now)

That's strange, a month ago Norotn AntiVirus 2004 received it's first official WMI Update. I just ran LiveUpdate again, and it tells me that the "WMI Update" is now available.

So I've downloaded it twice. I'm just going to assume that the WMI Update has been updated for 2004 users - so we've now got revision 2 of the update...which is nice, because they're still working on updating their updates making things even more secure :)

• 1 year later...

my security center says it recognizes my norton but when i run liveupdate it still tries to download and install it and it says patch has failed. Im using norton 2003 and windows XP thanks

i tried to uninstall and reinstall nothing happened

wow didnt know this was this old lol but i just recently reformatted and reinstalled my old norton and this **** happend thanks for any help