NeoRequest Bug reports

maybe it was there, but it was hard to see. I got it, I have it included. It was a css problem in the firefox browser. I had speced a height of 50px for something, instead of auto, and it wouldn't automatically go larger if the content was larger than 50px...so it is fixed, and will be uploaded soon.

• 1 month later...

I tried to enter the neorequest website and i got this error

Server Error in '/neorequest' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unhandled Execution Error 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: 

Source Error: 

Line 1931:			catch (Exception excep)
Line 1932:			{
Line 1933:				throw excep;
Line 1934:			}
Line 1935:			finally

Source File: d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\App_Code\MySQLDAL.cs	Line: 1933 

Stack Trace: 

[OdbcException (0x80131937)]
   MySQLDAL.GeneralSelect(String[] selectParameters, String TableName, Hashtable whereParameters, Hashtable groupByParameters, String[] orderByParameters) in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\App_Code\MySQLDAL.cs:1933
   MySQLDAL.SelectHeadlines(Int32 MaxToRetrieve) in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\App_Code\MySQLDAL.cs:1503
   Login.BindHeadlines() in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\Login.aspx.cs:158
   Login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\Login.aspx.cs:26
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

We are working to resolve this issue, NeoRequest has just moved Hosts so Chorpeac is currently working on fixing these issues. (Y)

Yeah I am working on these puppies. Gesh. I mean the same code was working, the same database structure....wtf right? lol. Well it seems that godaddy overwrites some files somtimes, and I am trying to figure out why, which ones, if it can be prevented, etc...

I modified some code today, and it looks ok. I still seem to be getting dropped database connections or some other error about a database.

Keep reporting them if you can!

• 4 weeks later...

Iv'e got a bug where no work is actually loading with previews, this is on the front page, gallery and artists workdesk and requests themselves. Any idea's? No popup's appear, nor do any kind of ASP.net errors, using Firefox 1.5.0.4 (not tested in other browsers.) :)

I tried to enter the neorequest website and i got this error

Server Error in '/neorequest' Application.

Unhandled Execution Error 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: 

Source Error: 
Line 1931:			catch (Exception excep)
Line 1932:			{
Line 1933:				throw excep;
Line 1934:			}
Line 1935:			finally

Source File: d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\App_Code\MySQLDAL.cs	Line: 1933 

Stack Trace: 
[OdbcException (0x80131937)]
   MySQLDAL.GeneralSelect(String[] selectParameters, String TableName, Hashtable whereParameters, Hashtable groupByParameters, String[] orderByParameters) in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\App_Code\MySQLDAL.cs:1933
   MySQLDAL.SelectHeadlines(Int32 MaxToRetrieve) in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\App_Code\MySQLDAL.cs:1503
   Login.BindHeadlines() in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\Login.aspx.cs:158
   Login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\chorpeac\neorequest\Login.aspx.cs:26
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

This should now of being fixed, just check to see if it is, if not do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) and clear you Cache and NeoRequest should load fine. :)

Jmann, got your problem fixed. I found out it had to do with a date format. It doesn't like 0000-00-00 00:00:00. I have to use this instead 0001-01-01 00:00:00. This is the default value that goes in a datetime column that has no data.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I wonder what's wrong.. But when I try to create a new request, I get this message :

Original Exception->Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I get the same trying to make a test request too delete, hopefully Chorpeac can look at this problem im kinda out of limits when it comes too delving completely into the files. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting this error when i try to submit a request.

Original Exception->Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Any ideas?

I was looking into this fairly recently, and it went away on its on accord but its obviously back I will PM Chorpeac and see if he can find anything in particular.

JMann

Well Chorpeac asked for a screenshot so I submitted one and he hasn't replied since. Give it a few more days, and I will ask again. He is probably just busy at the moment really. :)

Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately. I did find this error in my development machines as well. I don't know what the heck this is all about, since the code hasn't changed, but we are now all the sudden experiencing it. I will try to issue a fix today.

Ok guys, I believe I have corrected the bug. I can't believe it has taken this long....OMG...My apologies.

• 1 month later...

Having problems with uploading, have checked everything too do with the Upload server, and changed some CHMod permissions too all RWE access on the "images" directory and no luck still. This is the ASPX error I recieve:

Error: File was not uploaded to the NeoRequest Image Server. Original Exception->Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.SocketPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

OK this looks like it is a FTP permission thing. I will write the host tomorrow to make sure that is still allowed.

Posting an update to this bug. It appears FTP is not allowed in the medium security hosting environment that I am using with GoDaddy. I swear this worked before, and the last ftp I see through the system was n August 30 I think. SO I know they had to have changed the configuration somewhere. But anyways, they said I could still transfer files through their proxy. I'm not sure how to do this yet, so this bug is still unresolved. However, I will look into it and hopefully get it working again.

Problem is

NR -> Fileshare is no good

They say...

NR -> Proxy -> Fileshare should be ok.

Anyone have any clues on how to do this in .NET?

• 2 weeks later...