NeoRequest Bug reports

Yeah I was about to announce here that the dropdown paging bug should be fixed. Ok so onto the discussion about the ratings...

Ok well I have the ability to list the artists by average rating points, instead of total. However, if I do that, we might have a list of 5 artists each with a 3.5, which makes that top 5 pretty worthless. So we went with the total rating points so we could have a better gauge of the activity of an artist. Maybe we should just rename the caption for that rating.

Ok well I have the ability to list the artists by average rating points, instead of total. However, if I do that, we might have a list of 5 artists each with a 3.5, which makes that top 5 pretty worthless. So we went with the total rating points so we could have a better gauge of the activity of an artist. Maybe we should just rename the caption for that rating.

585395086[/snapback]

If a bunch have 3.5, its not worthless...sort them by how many ratings they have gotten (eg one person with 3.5 avg based on 10 ratings would be below someone else with 3.5 and 20 ratings). It still shows the top rating...so it wouldnt be worthless...

I think currently it tells you nothing about the artist, because as amitsaraf said, he only had about half of his submissions rated...so it doesnt look good that he only has that many points with twice the submissions...

hmm...ok let's revisit this. SkyyPunk, your recommendation sounds valid...putting that secondary criteria (number of ratings) helps boost the position of a more frequent artist... (Y) I like that

Uh oh, how about this though.

Let's say an artist has submitted one graphic, and it was rated a 5. Then the next few artists in the lists are only rated at 4 or under....if that is ok, then the artist with the 5 is at the top, even if it is only because of one submission.

Artist Rating #Submissions

A 5 1

B 4.1 10

C 4.1 23

D 3.8 4

E 2.7 14

Etc, if this is ok, I am game...

hmm...maybe...you could do minimum amount of submissions before getting on the top 5? Doesnt have to be high, but it would help reduce the quick 1 fers...maybe like minimum of five to 10...that would probably be enough

And I would think it should go like:

A 5 1

B 4.1 23

C 4.1 10

D 3.8 4

E 2.7 14

(I swapped C and B, because 23 ratings should be a stronger lead with the same avg over 10 ratings)

hmm...maybe...you could do minimum amount of submissions before getting on the top 5?? Doesnt have to be high, but it would help reduce the quick 1 fers...maybe like minimum of five to 10...that would probably be enough

And I would think it should go like:

A 5 1

B 4.1 23

C 4.1 10

D 3.8 4

E 2.7 14

(I swapped C and B, because 23 ratings should be a stronger lead with the same avg over 10 ratings)

585400760[/snapback]

Oh yeah yeah yeah, whoops, yeah the 23 should come first. Duh. *smacks his head*

Hmm...not sure about the minimums....I see what you are saying though...maybe like 2 or 5...At least this way someone can't jump in there real quick and be at the top of the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now this doesnt seem right, other people with the ? using NeoRequest don't find any problems since our upgrade. How about you take some screenshots of where you think the problem is I will tell you if it is or isn't the problem. Ok? I think people say its the ? as to much of an excuse I think. So please post some screenshots of your problem. Also, I presume you are refering to this request? http://neorequest.tekngn.net/GraphicRequestView.aspx?ID=431

If NeoRequest doesn't recognise a symbol it puts a "?" instead of where it is, when you login tm, do you login ok with no problems? Just some screenshots would be very useful right now, to give me more of an idea of the probl:). :)

Thanks,

JMann

I log in fine as tm? without any problems, but if you notice in the screenshots, it says

"Welcome back tm, you have (1) New Ratings to Complete (Log Out)"

Shouldn't it say tm? or tm? ?

Yeah well, if you want to rate your work click the (1) new rating and then that should work, as long as popups arent blocked (but should overide that anyway, but just incase) about your Welcome back tm, I see your point now. It looks like NeoRequest itself doesn't like to recognise the ? symbol, wait until Chorpeac (main coder) see's this, and then I am sure he will look into this, but I am pretty sure that nothing is affected in NeoRequest itself because of the ? symbol, I think its just not displaying the trademark symbol honestly. We'll let you know soon.

JMann

Ah gesh, ok I see what the problem is. When the username is being stored in the MySQL database, the database is storing the trademark character as "?". Unfortunately it is like this for 21 other users... :( Ok, so how do I fix this? Should I convert the trademark character to "™", and then store that in the DB?

Oh and JMann, do you happen to have a screenshot if that file uploading error? I'd like to try to correct that, or at least put a message saying the service was down...if it happens again

• 1 month later...

Ok, well firstly start us off by telling us if your "?" is showing on NeoRequest now, and not the "?". Then we can go from there, because thats our problem we believe(Y)Y)

Ok, well firstly start us off by telling us if your "?" is showing on NeoRequest now, and not the "?". Then we can go from there, because thats our problem we believe(Y)Y)

585684146[/snapback]

? doesn't show up anywhere as far as I can see.

Welcome back tm, you have (2) New Ratings to Complete (Log Out)
tm?'s Request for an Signature
the ring 2 sig/ava  tm? Signature  3/27/2005 11:21:53 PM  Graphics Submitted
Posted By: tm?  On:  3/28/2005 1:17:26 AM

I log in with tm? fine, thou.

HTH,

Tom

Can you try logging out, closing the browser, clearing your cookies (or just the neorequest one), and then trying to log in again? This is suppose to update your user record in the system with the latest info from Neowin.

Can you try logging out, closing the browser, clearing your cookies (or just the neorequest one), and then trying to log in again? This is suppose to update your user record in the system with the latest info from Neowin.

585685935[/snapback]

I just did that, no luck. :(

I just did that, no luck:(:(

585686750[/snapback]

Hmm...ok I will look into this again, because someone else is havin a similar problem. I'll try to have it fixed for you tonight.

I just did that, no luck:(:(

585686750[/snapback]

Give it a try again and see if it works now.

I still can't rate the work...Nothing changed.

The request doesn't recognize me as the owner at all.

585688672[/snapback]

Is the home screen showing you as tm? or tm?

Chorpeac, if you look at the User List, it's shows "tm?" as "tm?", wouldnt this list re-create everyones username upon re-opening, so therefore, not fixed yet?

Ack!!! Ok, I'll check it out again...for some reason, something is getting hosed!

I need to setup a method for me to impersonate you people. :)

Hang in there tm?