Why does SP2 suck so much?

Then stop using programs not compatible..I've had no problems...anybody who does seriously needs to evaluate what programs they use and how to use their pc properly...god!

Why should you have to stop using programs you have come to rely on and used for years just because of SP2? Why not allow for the fact that some programs will need to be updated and that sticking with SP1 for a little while longer might be a good solution until then?

For example, OE-QuoteFix is directly impacted by SP2 and the changes it makes to OE 6. It is a fantastic program and very helpful at keeping Outlook emails clean in terms of quoting. What's the harm in acknowledging that it might be worth waiting until programs like this are adjusted for SP2 before upgrading to SP2?

Why should you have to stop using programs you have come to rely on and used for years just because of SP2? Why not allow for the fact that some programs will need to be updated and that sticking with SP1 for a little while longer might be a good solution until then?

For example, OE-QuoteFix is directly impacted by SP2 and the changes it makes to OE 6. It is a fantastic program and very helpful at keeping Outlook emails clean in terms of quoting. What's the harm in acknowledging that it might be worth waiting until programs like this are adjusted for SP2 before upgrading to SP2?

Its a fantastic program YOU DON'T NEED AND YOUR NIT-PICKING! Omfg please grow up and just update. All the programs you need work with SP2 and any that don't why the hell are you using them? God n00bs are even more stupid than I thought these days :no:

Larney - dude - calm down, ok? No need to get all upset. Some people have issues with SP2 and are expressing them in threads like these. There's no need to go all hostile and bash them for that.

Also, to me, OE-QuoteFix is a key program, especially given how much newsgroup posting I do. I don't want to have to just dump it because of SP2.

Come on man - lighten up will you? Allow for the possibility that some programs are impacted and need to be tweaked for SP2. No harm in simply acknowledging that and moving on, is there? :huh:

it takes no time to figure out that when someone have probs with sp2 the prob is the USER!

That's not true in all cases. Take that OE-QuoteFix application for example. SP2 directly "breaks" that application because of how it changes Outlook Express. That can't possibly be construed as user error.

That's not true in all cases. Take that OE-QuoteFix application for example. SP2 directly "breaks" that application because of how it changes Outlook Express. That can't possibly be construed as user error.

Yes it is true, its the users fault for using a stupid program like that in the first place! http://www.gmail.com there problem solved...god damn stupid n00bs :no:

The only major issue I have with SP2 is that it changed the wireless internet settings within Windows. I used to be able to use Windows's Networking tool and now I can't. If I use theirs, it takes forever to connect and/or I always get that "limited or no connectivity" problem. So I have to use D-Link's networking tool and I have no issues. I rather use Window's tool since it seems to connect faster than D-Link's tool. I have also noticed other "small" issues such as my startup progs not starting up all the time, etc.

Yes it is true, its the users fault for using a stupid program like that in the first place! Gmail - there problem solved...

Gmail does not solve all the problems of the world, you know. There are legit reasons to use Outlook Express 6 and things that it can do far better than Gmail. I like having a Gmail account, but I prefer having OE 6 as my default email and newsgroup client.

Gmail does not solve all the problems of the world, you know. There are legit reasons to use Outlook Express 6 and things that it can do far better than Gmail. I like having a Gmail account, but I prefer having OE 6 as my default email and newsgroup client.

Yes but you don't need that stupid program...right bring me your next pointless n00by question...

Yes but you don't need that stupid program...right bring me your next pointless n00by question...

cupof_stfu.gif

Some people have problems with SP2, you don't - OK, feel lucky. But people aren't n00bs just because SP2 has caused problems.

I adore SP2. One area of concern which annoys me more than ever is the security warnings you get while trying to run every program. Despite clicking (Do not warn me again), it warns upon every exe, msi, zip file I try to execute.

Now this is great for good old grandma with her Dell machine but as a 20 years experienced computer user here, it is a rather annoying feature that I have yet to learn to disable.

Is there a way to disable that?

SP2 doesn't suck on my PC, works well and I upgraded from an SP1 installation with all my programs working beautifully.

Radish?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/cupof_stfu.gif

Some people have problems with SP2, you don't - OK, feel lucky. But people aren't n00bs just because SP2 has caused problems.

They are n00bs for using the programs that are crashing it or not fixing the problems.

SP2 doesn't suck on my PC, works well and I upgraded from an SP1 installation with all my programs working beautifully.

Radish?

Exactly, how it should b:):)

@Bearded Kirklander

I thought OE Quotefix was fixed by unblocking download of images in HTML (Tools > Options > Security > Download Images, uncheck 'Block images in HTML e-mail'). Is that not right? Are there other issues with it?

I know. If you really feel that strongly about it, then go and recode the whole OS yourself so that they are two separate distinct programs.

this begs for the obligatory "closed source vs. open source" response... nah - won't go there :D

SP2 has been perfect on the 5 computers I've installed it on so far. Reason to install it? The obvious: bug fixes, updated security options, etc. Doesn't take a genius to work out why to install it.

They are n00bs for using the programs that are crashing it or not fixing the problems.

Are they n00bs for merely owning a laptop, and having it slow down as much as 12 percent jst from loading SP2.

If you don't believe me check this out. There is no real reason to upgrade to SP2 if you run a good firewall and AV app, and don't use IE. All most all of the "bug" fixes do not effect the average user.