AutoStreamer 1.0.33

Congratulations! Soooo, let's start this off with a fun one...

You may or not be aware of the issue where you are unable to slip XP SP2 if you are using Windows 2000. After much research I found the fix around this, and unfortunately I have to give the credit to M.S.F.N. Now the question is, would you prefer to implement it, or if not, perhaps include an OS scanner or disclaimer that states you cannot slipstream XP SP2 if you are running it on Win2K?

The fix is simple. After extracting the SP to the temp location, Autostreamer needs to delete one file.

Whatdya think?

What file?

Hi, I've just downloaded the autostreamer.exe fie, but when I try ti run it, I get an error saying 'This archive has an unsupported version'.

Any ideas on what's going wrong? I have XP Pro, with SP2.

Hi, I've just downloaded the autostreamer.exe fie, but when I try ti run it, I get an error saying 'This archive has an unsupported version'.

Any ideas on what's going wrong? I have XP Pro, with SP2.

It's ok, it was just a bad download.

Re downloaded it, and it's fine. That'll teach me to go off crying to forums without trying the obvious stuff first!

I have Windows XP Home preinstalled.

The I386 folder is on the C:\ drive.

I thought I could use AutoStreamer by choosing the local Windows share option.

Whether I specify the C:\ drive itself or the C:\I386 folder, the "Next" button remains greyed out.

Is it not possible for me to use AutoStreamer? :(

Hello "All".....(New Subscriber, here...becoming acquainted w/ Forums' icons, setups,etc)

Was referred to Neowin through Fred Langa's site..he highly recommended AutoStreamer....

Downloaded the .zip fine..installed fine.

I appreciate others' comments about their OEM-version of XP (Dell, etc); that gave me an alert to

be aware of my Gateway's 2-CD package (1-Drivers, 2-XP).

Fortunately, I had another, retail-purchase (from Office Depot) to utilize with my MS-CD of SP2.

:| Here's the QUESTION:

Both packages of XP[on thepc and my 'backup for a 3rd-pc] were of the 2002-vintage.

I observed that during the AutoStreamer-procedure, the 'standalone (retail XP-pkg) and this pc's \i386-directory(folder) was accessed.

Does that mean the 'slipstreamed-CD' has been "personalized" for this pc?

Then, may I assume that if I now proceed to my other desktop, (also a Gateway),,,,I'll use the

'retail', standalone-XP-CD, the SP2-CD,...and AutoStreamer will access that pc's \i386-directory?

...and that slipstreamed-CD will be 'personalized' for the 2nd-pc??

The crux of my uncertainty is that I'm utilizing a different XP-package/serial-ID than what is actually

installed on the pc.

In summary, the creatin of the slipstreamed-CD went great...~10-minutes.

Now that I've got it for just-in-case, I'd like to be more certain that the CD's contents is 'right' for this pc.

I thank everyone for sharing their experiences for your patience with my first posting.

Jerry

It copies your XP CD to your hard drive first, so naturally when it accesses the i386 folder, it would be on your hard drive. It also doesn't edit any aspect of your original XP CD, just brings it up to date (SP2).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Autostreamer is not a utility I need, as nlite already slipstreams service packs, and Autopatcher does all the patch automation I want, but I'd like to point out that this thread is mentioned in the latest issue of PC Magazine (November 21, 2006).

Smile everyone! :D

What file?

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889719

WORKAROUND

To work around this issue, change the name of the Setupapi.dll file in Windows XP SP2 to Setupapi.old. Then, use the /integrate switch to slipstream Windows XP SP2 into Windows XP. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Copy the contents of the Microsoft Windows XP product CD to the C:\Bin folder.

2. Visit the following Microsoft Web site, and then save Windows XP SP2 in a folder on the computer that is running Windows 2000:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

3. Start a command prompt. To do this, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

4. Change folders to the folder where you saved Windows XP SP2.

5. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe /x

6. Type the path of the folder where you want to extract Windows XP SP2. Then, click OK.

7. Change folders to the folder where you extracted Windows XP SP2.

8. Type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each command:

cd i386\update

ren setupapi.dll setupapi.old

update.exe /integrate:c:\bin

I haven't tried it myself, but it's worth just changing that .dll name and giving it a go. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You can slipstream service packs only (at this time).

You could try nLite, but AFAIK raptor is/was working on a version that slipstreams hotfixes too.

It would certainly be nice to be able to slipstream all of autopatches fixes and updates into a realease with a click or two.

Slipstreaming CD_XP and all Hotfix to 18 November SVCPACK.INF Method

You must copy update.exe to E:\Hotfix\ (with all others fix)

warning: update.exe v6.2.29.0 (extract from a last hotfix)

for extract: KBNumber.exe /X:C:\temp

After integration hotfix to new XP, open XP/I386/svcpack and

add qchain.exe (program) to /I386/svcpack

add qchain.exe text to file "SVCPACK.INF" --> /I386

KB886185.cat
KB885836.cat
KB873339.cat
qchain.exe

This utility will ensure that the highest file version is installed if there is

a scenario where 2 hotfixes contain the same exe/dll file with different version numbers.

:yes: new Script For Easy Integration!

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=At...st&id=15455

(Deleted obsolete Hotfix )

Open script as text mode,

change language ext. to ....ENU.exe

ex.:

%PATHTOFIXES%\WindowsXP-KB925486-x86-ITA.exe /integrate:E:\XP /QUIET

...........................\WindowsXP-KB925486-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:E:\XP /QUIET

Open genuine WXP_SP2.iso with UltraIso, add the others files of new XP

iso genuine with genuine bootable XP (is my Cd without all other files)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=At...st&id=15471

:alien:

enjoy!

Edited by trew

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Dell OEM reinstall disk with no service packs but does have integrated hotfixes. When I try Autostream either from a shared folder where I copied all the CD files and deleted the SVCPACK files and replaced them with clean ones, or if I let it read from the cd, all it reports is the size. Build is listed as unknown and operating system unknown. It won't let me proceed any further. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am having trouble with this software. I have completed every field; however, I cant get access to the 'next' button. I am sure I am missing something. Help...

• 2 months later...

After reinstalling XP with slipstreamed SP2 again it was a pain installing Autopatcher full and some updates.

Please, please can we have an Autostreamer version to add the updates before I have to reinstall again.

Don H :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst AutoStreamer 1.0.33 happily integrates Windows 2003 SP2 with Disk 1 of Windows 2003 R2, it cannot do the same with Disk 2.

Integrating the SP with the 2nd disk needs running the SP with the /integrate switch in exactly the same way as we do for Disk 1.

Any chance of an update to get AutoStreamer to recognise R2D2 (Release 2 Disk 2) properly?

Cheers,

Phil

gave Autostreamer 1.0.33 a test to slipstream SP4 into Windows 2000. works fine and files on the ISO match those on another slipstreamed windows...except that some file names are changed from lower to upper case. i don't think there are any issues with this and its been noted in a previous post here. i think nlite does the same...changes file names to upper case. the boot image file used also matches correctly. any feedback on whether the case of file names is important appreciated. thanks!

For Dell XP pro OEM disks that have non slipstreamed patches, see

http://vbdotnet.home.comcast.net/XP_SP2.htm

Thanks for the link. :)

I followed all instructions there to no avail. I cannot get the first green check mark using either windowsshare or the default option. I have tried many times with no luck. My Dell XP Home CD is a SP1a rendition. I tried with no alteration of files and with just eliminating the SVCPACK folder and all its contents. I also tried doing all in the vbdotnet link including deleting the Deploy.cab and copying in the Tools folder the new Deploy.cab from MS, removing the SVCPACK.INF folder and substituting a new SVCPACK.IN_ file. I also did one version where I did all the previous plus removing and replacing with a new SVCPACK.DL file. Nothing works.

What else needs to be removed and/or replaced?

I am able to slip-stream using MS KB894947 this and the above vbdotnet link, but I would like to confirm the result with Autostreamer.

Many of you have succeeded with Autostreamer and might want to share what you did in addition to what I tried.

Here's what i got trying to intergrate 2k3 SP2 x32 using latest Autostreamer:

D:\SETUP.EXE and D:\I386 exist; proceed.

Setting Variables

CD Mode Checks

Changing TEMP

Get Share/CD Size

Reported: 451MB

Create temporary folder

Folder does not exist; create.

Probe NTOSKRNL.EXE

D:\I386\NTOSKRNL.EX_ exists; expand.

Executing: expand "D:\I386\NTOSKRNL.EX_" -F:ntoskrnl.exe "C:\Windows\System32\$AutoStreamer$\NTOSKRNL.EXE"

Fetch NTOSKRNL.EXE version

String returned: 5.2.3790.1830

Probing for Service Pack ID...

String returned: (Pre-SP1)

Attempting TEMP delete.

Delete C:\Windows\System32\$AutoStreamer$\NTOSKRNL.EXE

Delete C:\Windows\System32\$AutoStreamer$

Finished deleting TEMP

Checking for

Sorry, file doesn't exist!

Checking for E:\WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU.exe

E:\WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU.exe exists; continue!

Checking extension...

It's an .EXE; proceed!

Checking file size...

Size looks good, continue!

Check for GODMODE

No GODMODE here, start service pack detection!

Checking share...

Share is in place, go on with detection!

Set labels etc to 'Analyzing'

Create a TEMP folder is there isn't one already!

No TEMP yet, create it!

Done with TEMP

Time for CAPCAB action, thanks to Capelle!!

AutoStreamer will now fetch a file from the Service Pack file and examine its version!!!

Convert Service Pack file to an archive...

Try several file extracts, since we need to covers a wide range of SP files...

File #1...

File #2...

Horray! Now we *should* have a nice file to get the version!

...but don't forget, the file is packaged itself! Expand it first!

Done, we should now have a unpacked file.

Checking to see if everything went fine...

****, service pack file extraction didnt quite work!

Delete any temporary files used...

File #1...

File #2...

File #3...

File #4...

TEMP Folder...

Allow the user to continue (enable the window!)

is godmode my only option? anyone else getting same error?