AutoStreamer 1.0.33

AutoStreamer just automated the slipstreaming process, if you tried to do it manually and it failed (perhaps because you have a blacklisted PID?) AutoStreamer may not be able to help you.

Of course, it's worth giving it a try, something may have gone wrong in your manual slipstream :)

• 2 weeks later...

Feature - Request:

Would be a real Bummer if there would be options for unattended features,

like the windows setupmgr.exe from the deploy.cab.

Like Admin-Password, Autologon, etc.

So far - very nice - so good.

mw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be great if the new version would include the ability to do office by letting u put service packs into it and allowing u to burn a copy.

Hi,

I used AutoStreamer to slipstream SP2 into my Windows XP (SP1) OEM disk from Dell. It worked fine, just as it has with three other computers here at home. But on this particular system I have noticed something quite odd. During my weekly maintenance I perform file system defragmentation on this system. Oddly enough I often wind up with the Windows XP defragger reporting a single file which could not be defragmented -- autostreamer.exe. I have performed a search with Explorer set to show all files and extensions, including "protected operating system files". There is no autostreamer.exe file found anywhere on the system. This seems odd. Has anyone else seen such behavior? Ideas, anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I attempted to execute AutoStreamer, but it aborts with message "The Slipstreaming process requires Windows 2000/ XP/2003 Autostreamer will now quit"

I am running XP (32bit) SP1 Professional patched with SP2 on an AMD 64; is the error message inappropriate or is the process looking in the wrong place - I've only one OS loaded and only one drive active (another is disabled); the OS is on the C: drive which is in the first partition where the program resides.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I just ran across Autostreamer last night and tried it out. I have an original Windows XP disk I slipstreamed with the SP2 upgrade. I seemed to be doing fine until the end. I know it says approx. 25 minutes to perform functions but it went thru everything in about 10 minutes then spent over 40 minutes sitting on "cleaning temp files". It never said "finished" or "done" as one picture I found shows. I clicked on exit and no damage appears to have been done. Now I'm wondering how long should cleanup have taken and do I now have stray files floating around my hard drive.

(AMD A64 3000+, 1 gig Ram, 300Gig SATA drive.)

I slipstreamed my XP Prof last night with SP2 and all went smoothly using autostreamer. My screens even looked like the screen shots. Burning the iso went nicely using Nero.

Now I would like to test, just a little bit, the resulting CD. I inserted it the drive and let it autorun. It came up on the screen just as though it was an SP2 disk. That seems strange. I thought it would autorun with the same stuff that comes up when I put my XP disk in the drive.

Comment?

i streamer service pack 2 to my service pack 1 xp pro. Everything worked fine and i burned the cd. However windows still shows that i have windows sp1 (reinstalled using the iso provided)

I used the windows deploy tools (or whatever it's called) to make a CD with unattended install - I know you're supposed to change "unattended.txt" to "winnt.sif" but it also creates a file named "unattended.bat", do I rename this unattened.bat and copy it to the I386 folder also? TIA

I used autostreamer to slipstream my origal MS copy of XP Pro SP1 along with the SP2 changes to have a more current Windows CD in case I ever needed a rebuild.

Sure enough I did, but when I put the CD with the ISO file in my drive, changed the boot order to the CD first, then rebooted, the system could not read the CD. I tried two different CD's with 2 different ISO files, same result.

Obviously it works fine when booting from the original MS Win CD, so what could be wrong ? I created and saved the ISO files with Roxio EMC 8, and then used the "Burn from Image File" option to burn on a CD-R.

Can ayine help, I would like to have working slipsteamed CDs for Windows XP Pro SP2 !

Thanx !

I don't think I can help, but I have a question.

What files and directories do you see on your slipstreamed disk?

(My attempt doesn't boot either. I have no trouble booting from various linux distros that I have burned to CDs.)

I used autostreamer to slipstream my origal MS copy of XP Pro SP1 along with the SP2 changes to have a more current Windows CD in case I ever needed a rebuild.

Sure enough I did, but when I put the CD with the ISO file in my drive, changed the boot order to the CD first, then rebooted, the system could not read the CD. I tried two different CD's with 2 different ISO files, same result.

Obviously it works fine when booting from the original MS Win CD, so what could be wrong ? I created and saved the ISO files with Roxio EMC 8, and then used the "Burn from Image File" option to burn on a CD-R.

Can ayine help, I would like to have working slipsteamed CDs for Windows XP Pro SP2 !

Thanx !

I answered in your other post:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=474625

Can Nero Express v. 5.5 be used instead of Roxio? (Nero burns bootable Linux distros for me, just fine.)

Yes. Any CD burning software that will burn bootbale discs will work fine.

I have a general question about creating the iso file.

When I have progressed through the process (using autostreamer) to the point shown in the screen shot included in this msg.

post-171174-1152315117.jpg

I click on [NEXT] okay, but what CD should be in the disk drive for the next step? Should it be the XP disk or the SP2 disk?

The first time I did this I just left the SP2 disk in the drive, because there is no clue as to what I'm supposed to do. That seemed to work, but when the resulting iso file was burned to a CD it seemed to be only a replica of the SP2 disk.

So the second time I used the XP install disk, and the program interacted with the install disk for awhile then it stopped and returned a error msg. which said "File Missing" or "File Not Found" -- can't remember which.

My XP (Pro) disk is a legit Microsoft installation disk; how can it have a missing file?

Can anyone help?

Your XP disc should be in the drive (Drive I in your case)...

Try copying the SP2 file from the SP2 disc to your hard drive- I can't remember which one it is but I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread somewhere already.

:x Got a problem that no one else seems to have...whenever I try to run AutoStreamer, any revision from 1.029 through 1.033, I get a runtime error which states that the program is telling the C++ runtime to terminate abnormally. I'm running WinXP SP2 with all the newest updates. I found nLite and was able to use it after I installed Framework 2.0, but I would like to see if AutoStreamer might be better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I am new here. When I tried to run the Autostreamer 1.033, I got an error message saying that I am running a wrong OS eventhough I am running XP-pro. It appears that, since my computer setup is SATA raid 1, only reason I can think of is that the Autostreamer does not run on raid systems. Has anyone got the same problem? Is there any solution?

Thankyou!

• 2 weeks later...

ok you guys this is a good application i mean just down right neat-0! i love AutoPatcher i use it almost everyday at work as a technition. But you know what would be amazinly awsome!?!?!!! is that i could slipstream my autopatcher instalation with my xp installation therefore making an instalation cd with all my updates and SPs already instlaled, thats what i thought this was, but hey maybe verson 2.0? let me know admins email me back please

keep up the good work!

You can slipstream service packs only (at this time).

You could try nLite, but AFAIK raptor is/was working on a version that slipstreams hotfixes too.