AutoStreamer 1.0.33

I just installed AutoPatcher XP Dec 2005. Now my scripts (ASP, VBS) do not work with my company's "Service". I can't seem to call CreateXMLDocument() anymore.. even though it's visibly listed in the API tree in my VBS Edit IDE. I get:

GobjService.CreateXMLDocument, Err=-2147467259 The method CreateXMLDocument in interface Application has not yet been implemented

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error

Internet Information Services

Error Type:

Application (0x80004005)

The method CreateXMLDocument in interface Application has not yet been implemented

/Recipe\General\ServiceClass.asp, line 99

--

This used to work yesterday! I started getting this problem after installing AutoPatcher XP Dec 2005 on my work PC.

Help!

thanx.

can it use an AUTOPATCHER as a SP?

I mean after make a WIN+SP iso add AUTOPATCHER files to it

You cannot slipstream AutoPatcher as a service pack, no, because AutoPatcher is not a service pack. :wacko:

However, in the next version of AutoStreamer, you will be able to slipstream hotfixes into your ISO. (Until Then, you could use something like nlite)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried the latest version of Autostreamer and got the Program error box relating to Upgrade.exe. I was able to close the box by clicking OK but it makes me wonder if the ISO file is actually good. So I ran the Slipstream process again and saved the ISO file to another location. I'm using an XP Pro Upgrade disk and got the SP2 file off a SP2 CD and using a Win2000 machine to run the Autostream program.

After I got the 2 ISO images, the size was the same - 548,460 but when I did a file compare, it said that the files were different. Shouldn't they be the same?? So I don't really trust Autostreamer. It is a nice idea but I don't think it really works like it should.

Going to try the Paul Thurrott method which uses the Integrate command in a command line window. People have been sucessful using this method. More steps required but at least it seems to work.

Have just down loaded and started to use. Encountered one issue though :(

Having downloaded XP Home/SP2 from MS AS it tries to analyse the SP and comes back with Build : Unknown for the SP (the SP file is WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

Any thoughts/hints/help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just created install disk from a corporate WinXP and SP2 using Autostreamer 1.0.33. XP files were copied to my HDD first and the SP2 was downloaded. But when I try to use the CD, the computer boots to the screen "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware" for a few seconds and then reboots in an endless cycle. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help! :(

I have tried using AutoStreamer 1.0.3.3 on my Dell's OEM Windows XP SP1 CD. I have already tried it twice however the resulting ISO always still comes out as SP1, and not SP2, when am using the full SP2 english.exe

Does anyone know about this issue?

I have tried using AutoStreamer 1.0.3.3 on my Dell's OEM Windows XP SP1 CD. I have already tried it twice however the resulting ISO always still comes out as SP1, and not SP2, when am using the full SP2 english.exe

Does anyone know about this issue?

Some Dell OEM disks (especially XP pro) have issues because they had additional XP update patches not slipstreamed but see

http://vbdotnet.home.comcast.net/XP_SP2.htm

for work around (especially the bit near the top of the page:

Click here to see if you need to use the manual slipstreaming method for your Dell Reinstallation CD

and the bit in red lower down:

"After copying the contents of the original install CD to folder... but before doing the slipstream process, you must delete the SVCPACK folder and its contents, then delete file: SVCPACK.INF from the i386 folder, then copy file: SVCPACK.IN_ from another XP CD to the i386 folder" ).

I think you could still use Autostreamer, if you delete those items before letting it proceed with the slIpstream. Or else use the manual method.

My Dell OEM XP SP1 home did not have those and gave no problems :-)

• 1 month later...

When I try to run Autostreamer, I get the message "The Slipstreaming process requires Windows 2000/ XP/2003

Autostreamer will now quit"

I have XP Home w/ SP2 and have reinstalled Autostreamer from multiple download sites. Any help here? I've found some "manual" slipstream methods but they look complex and I don't really have a "test system".

I'm really trying to fix a case where the compatibility wizard has no text in the buttons (could be video but all else seems OK) When I set compatibility manually via properties, it doesn't seem to work either. I'm trying to get my daughters older games to run (W98/ W95).

Will slipstreaming my XP Install & SP2 really help, seems a big risk......

A little help here,

Thanks,

somegeek (I am usually but this one has me stumped!)

I used the AutoStreamer and created a slipstream .iso file. The file size is 787,168 KB, larger than will fit on a blank CD. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Thanks!

Use a DVD? lol, Are you using a disc from an OEM or an official Windows disc?

I am using an OEM disc. I'm guessing that I'll have to eliminate some of the excess baggage that is included. Can I do that by selecting the "I want to manually customize my installation" option? If so, I'll just need to identify what is necessary and what is not.

Yeahm AutoStreamer uses a temp. directory to store the files before writing to an ISO - you'll be able to nuke stuff from there if you select that option

Slipstream - I dont know if this is possible:

1. Slipstream IE6 to Win NT4 or Win2K.

2. Slipstream IE7 Beta 2 to Win XP.

3. Slipstream the latest Nvidia Forceware in 2000/XP.

4. Slipstream the office service pack 2 to Office 2003 installation cd.

5. And auto-insert the serial key for all of these installers. I hate to type it everytime I need to install them.

Please point me to a guide to accomplish each if its possible. Thanks a lot.

You can slipstream IE7 Beta 2 to Win XP

You can slipstream the latest Nvidia Forceware in 2000/XP.

You can slipstream the office service pack 2 to Office 2003 installation cd.

You can auto-insert the serial key for all of these installers

www.msfn.org

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php

Have fun! :D

I am not certain about first one, but chances are it is doable.

With 18 pages of posts I'm thinking I might just jump in with a guestion.

I have a corp vol license of XP w/SP1 on CD-ROM. I tried to slipstream SP2 and it failed without any indication of error.

Is there some direction for me here?

Thanks!