"Lost" TV Show - Currently Season 2 (US aired)

it's been about 2 months i think now, i remember claire was gone for 2 weeks, and that was a span of about maybe 2-3 episodes. so i'm tinking they're around 1.5-2 months by now.

Actually, the first season is supopsed to be the first 40 days on the island.

And yes, after a week or two, the men should be sporting some sort of beard. I know if I don't shave for two weeks, I start looking like a bum. So some of those guys should have somewhat of a beard by now.

What about their hair? No one's hair has grown, especially Jack's.

585571468[/snapback]

Come on man, it's a show. If they had to keep track of hair, facial hair, etc. every week it would be an even more insane task to shoot the damn show than it already is. They're already shooting on-location on an island, on beaches, in the woods. Everyone looks like they've been lost for quite some time if you ask me. Their clothes are dirty and worn, most of the men DO have overgrown facial hair of some kind... I just don't think they want to have to keep track of the ULTIMATE little details for every episode, everything seems to work fine in context anyway.

I have do disagree with the people talking about mysterious magical powers and voodoo curses. As far as I can tell, every single thing that has happened so far has had a rational explaination of some kind. Some things are left unanswered, but my feeling is the show is not going to end up being about some weird voodoo curse and people on a "lost world". Abrams likes to include faith in Alias, but never goes so far as to say that what is happening is somehow mystical, it's always predictions of the future that unfold as self-fullfilling prophecies -- events that become inevitable as the characters make decisions based on what they "know" will or must happen, or are influenced by outside forces (that have so far never been mystical, mostly just people and organizations intent on fulfilling their interests at all costs). This seems obvious by the way the story unfolds about the numbers. Just because it has driven people mad and they believe it is some kind of curse, that does not mean it IS a curse, I believe it is something much deeper, definately not evil being unleashed or any of that hooplah.

Come on man, it's a show.  If they had to keep track of hair, facial hair, etc. every week it would be an even more insane task to shoot the damn show than it already is. 

585571514[/snapback]

Obviously, what you're saying is true, from a production standpoint. Based on interviews that I've read, however, the executive producers want to keep the show as realistic as possible. One of the main reasons that I am hindered from feeling this "realism" is the fact that over the course of the month or so that they've been stranded on this island, no one's hair has grown. Facial hair is a different story, as I'm sure people brought razors with them on the plane that they could very well be using now.

Don't get me wrong; "Lost" is definitely one of my top 3 favorite shows airing on television today. But that doesn't mean I find it 100% flawless.

• 3 weeks later...

Moo. I mean bump :p

Just saw the preview for next week :woot:

Looks like a small 2 propeller plane crashes and Locke says "The island is trying to take [it /whatever the island did to him] back" or something

Looks like he couldnt walk any more :/

Boone is seen talking on the radio and then you hear a womans voice saying "Hello?"

I haven't really been watching the show, but I was flipping through today and I found it odd they seem to have cell phones, which also seem to work somehow since someone was talking to someone else on one...why don't they just call for help? Or was I wrong and that wasn't a (working) cell phone?

Moo. I mean bump :p

Just saw the preview for next week :woot:

Looks like a small 2 propeller plane crashes and Locke says "The island is trying to take [it /whatever the island did to him] back" or something

Looks like he couldnt walk any more :/

Boone is seen talking on the radio and then you hear a womans voice saying "Hello?"

585661903[/snapback]

It's about time the next new episode comes! I can't wait any longer!!! vakljignaksurgneskrgresga :woot:

Obviously, what you're saying is true, from a production standpoint. Based on interviews that I've read, however, the executive producers want to keep the show as realistic as possible. One of the main reasons that I am hindered from feeling this "realism" is the fact that over the course of the month or so that they've been stranded on this island, no one's hair has grown. Facial hair is a different story, as I'm sure people brought razors with them on the plane that they could very well be using now.

Don't get me wrong; "Lost" is definitely one of my top 3 favorite shows airing on television today. But that doesn't mean I find it 100% flawless.

585571536[/snapback]

doh.

they probably are using razors.

:)

whats with the hatch and numbers?

I haven't really been watching the show, but I was flipping through today and I found it odd they seem to have cell phones, which also seem to work somehow since someone was talking to someone else on one...why don't they just call for help?  Or was I wrong and that wasn't a (working) cell phone?

585662663[/snapback]

No one had a cellphone, as far as I recall. And even if they did you'd need a celltower in the general area to call someone... which I doubt the island has. You may be referring to the ham radio they made.

doh.

they probably are using razors.

:)

whats with the hatch and numbers?

585662685[/snapback]

Good point!

BTW, those numbers are really beginning to creep me out!!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Lenny really freaked when Hurley told him that he used the numbers. Also, there are a TON of correlations between the numbers and other things in the show. Blacked out is the stuff from TV Tome about the numbers I was talking about.

Several other numbers references from Lost

Note that there are many other iterations of these numbers on the show, but I only listed the ones that could be connected (Walt needing a '4' and a 3 for a dice roll doesn't really count, for example). -Locke was crippled for 4 years -There were 4 guns in the marshall's case -Hurley's grandfather got his pacemaker 4 years ago -Sam Toomie killed himself 4 years ago -Sawyer made his "birthday wish" 4 years ago -Claire's boyfriend left her 4 months into her pregnancy, which was also 4 months ago, and the psychic had been calling Claire for 4 months to convince her to keep the baby -When Locke ties up Boone he says camp is about 4 miles due west, meaning the hatch they found is 4 miles from the plane crash site -Leonard playing Connect Four -Claire is 8 months pregnant at the time of the crash -8 people died in the shoe factory that Hurley owned -Michael was hit by the car 8 years ago -Michael had been writing to Walt for 8 years -DriveShaft was going to tour for 8 weeks -Michael worked in contstruction for 8 years -Shannon was 8 years old when her father married Boone's mother -Hurley's lottery drawing was on Channel 8 -Walt was born in August (8th month) -15 members on Danielle Rousseau's research team -15 was the number on the whiskey bottle that Sawyer and Jack's father shared -Danielle's expedition team shipwrecked 16 years ago -Danielle's distress call has been looping for 16 years -16 weeks since someone won the lottery before Hurley -16 years since Sam Toomie and Leonard heard the numbers -The flight that crashed was supposed to be 16 hours long -Jack's seat number was 23A -The reward for turning Kate in is $23,000 -There are 42 spaces on a Connect Four board (this is the only 'direct' reference to 42 on the show so far, unless it's someone's age and we don't know it yet) 8 & 15 together: -Oceanic Flight 815 -Kate robbed the bank for safety deposit box #815 -The copy machine Charlie sold was model C-815 -The arrival time of the flight was supposed to be 8:15 PM

No one had a cellphone, as far as I recall. And even if they did you'd need a celltower in the general area to call someone... which I doubt the island has. You may be referring to the ham radio they made.

585662728[/snapback]

Ah, that may be it. Someone was just talking into something he had pressed up against his ear, I couldn't tell what it was.

^wow, impressive, i never would have gotten all those connections. did you figure them all out yourself?

585662741[/snapback]

Yeah right! I didn't figure those out... :laugh: That actually came from the TV Tome listing for Lost. Look towards the bottom. There are more discussions about the numbers.

Ah, that may be it. Someone was just talking into something he had pressed up against his ear, I couldn't tell what it was.

Boone was talking into a radio he found in another plane on the island. If you notice in the preview, there is a plane flying aobve them I think but I know for a fact that it was a radio inside another plane.

So was last night a new episode? My power was out for 5 hours and I was not able to flip on the TV to check

Edit: NVM I just looked on the website :pinch:

Edited by dvds_ect

My question is

who was the guy they heard on the cockpit radio (which by the way said that there were no survivors from flight 813) and what in the hell was that light from the hatch?!!?!?!?!?!?

I WANT MORE LOST!!!!!

things that i thought

is it my imagination or did Locke look into the future and past in his "dream"

anyone else notice very little character side stories?....like it was not as pronounced as in previous ones

Locke was beginning to loose the ability to walk again, but it came back....so maybe something was dislocated that prevented him from walking previouslly....more than some disease.....

also on that note....he could walk before....had a different job....ect...and hair...i don't think i've ever seen the actor with hair!(on top of his head), that was pretty good make up.

Also they will have to keep the plane crash, let alone drugs out of Charlie's hands....did anyone else notice the heroine was in same bags as Charlie's was....

and did anyone else notice the maps?....non for were that region.....maybe this is where the Triangles (Bermuida, Great Lakes, others) collects things.....

discuss.....

thechitowncubs...your not suppose to talk about pirating

And what the heck was that light inside the hatch?!?!?! Was Locke dreaming again or was it real? If it is real, then theres some dude living in there or some device got turned on some how....

it'll start airing over here next week. from what i saw in the preview it looks like cast away for me. not really interesting.