Indiana Pacers Trade Punches w/ Crowd

I just can't believe the fans, even when the Pacers were heading to the locker room.  :no:

584954697[/snapback]

dude, i love that part. all the pouring of stuff. but dont get me wrong. im no fan of either team. its just pure entertainment man.

just sit back and chill. and watch the mayhem happen.

I just watched the video at espn and the NBA should definatly ban Ron Artest. Even if a fan threw a drink at him, Ron Artest should of walked away. Ron Artest has a history of bad behavior in the NBA, and this is new low for him.

584954701[/snapback]

dude are you stupid? have you ever played a sport?

just bcuz hes a ball player doesnt mean he should just stand there and watch ppl throw chairs and botles @ him!!!

ben wallace is a dumb ass..that WAS NOT A HARD FOUL! ive been playin ball since i was 6...THAT WAS NOTTTTTTTTTTTTtt a hard foul..ben is a big kid...i think he was mad cuz artest didnt give him a gimme..eventhough they were down and losing...i am a BIG fan of played who dont just give out gimmes...ben is a horrible free throw shooter..he should earn it..but he got ****ed...and i respect artest for walking off..dude has matured up..remember couple of years ago? ben would have to throw ALOT harder to keep artest away if it was only 2 years ago.

fan throwing **** @ players? wtf? if it was me..i would walk..fnd the fan and shove the bottle up his ass...are you kidding me? mannn....thats not sports anymore..sum1 attackes you..you have EVERY right to defend and protect ur life.

im not an indiana fan..nor a pistons fanboy...(just a raptors fanboi:) ) but i really respect both teams...in my eyes..ben acted stupid...BEN IS THE LEADER OF THE PISTONS>.their captain!!!!!!!!!!!!! just saddd

Dude Artest and the Pacers are lucky some crazy hood rat Pistons fan didn't pull out an Uzi and spray everyone and everything down...

584955935[/snapback]

:woot:

And they said Philly fans were bad for booing Santa Claus.

haha dude philly fans are great!! My family is from philly and they are all nuts...last time I was up there I saw this dude get his head cracked open with a baseball bat for stealing stuff from an outdoor market vendor...anyways back on subject...I know Wallace shouldn't have overreacted the way he did but Artest really is lucky this didn't end up worse than it did...I mean I know your metal detected and stuff when you go into a game up there but someone could have picked up a chair WWF style and ended someones career...not to mention what could have happened if even more fans got involved. There would have been nothing that the Pacers players could have done to defend themselves if whole crowd turned on them...

haha yea I saw the chair come flying in...but I was meaning if some fan squared up with a chair and let it rip right into someones dome...gameover....someone is a vegatable and eats from a straw the rest of their life

just bcuz hes a ball player doesnt mean he should just stand there and watch ppl throw chairs and botles @ him!!!

ben wallace is a dumb ass..that WAS NOT A HARD FOUL! ive been playin ball since i was 6...THAT WAS NOTTTTTTTTTTTTtt a hard foul..ben is a big kid...i think he was mad cuz artest didnt give him a gimme..eventhough they were down and losing...i am a BIG fan of played who dont just give out gimmes...ben is a horrible free throw shooter..he should earn it..but he got ****ed...and i respect artest for walking off..dude has matured up..remember couple of years ago? ben would have to throw ALOT harder to keep artest away if it was only 2 years ago.

fan throwing **** @ players? wtf? if it was me..i would walk..fnd the fan and shove the bottle up his ass...are you kidding me? mannn....thats not sports anymore..sum1 attackes you..you have EVERY right to defend and protect ur life.

im not an indiana fan..nor a pistons fanboy...(just a raptors fanboi:) )  but i really respect both teams...in my eyes..ben acted stupid...BEN IS THE LEADER OF THE PISTONS>.their captain!!!!!!!!!!!!! just saddd

584955262[/snapback]

I played basketball when I was in highschool. and also helped my team win the championship. I know whats it like having people taunt you and distract you from the game. Yes I agree every man has the right to defend himself, but come its a bottle. When I played basketball in highschool, ****ed off fans would throw almost anything they had in their hand. But I knew if i went and kicked their @ss, I would never touch a basketball in a long time, and probably be suspended from school. This sort of thing happens all the time. In hockey, football, soccer, etc.. Most atheletes in their right mind would just walk away. You have to remember little kids are also watching this game, what example are they setting to them when athelets and fans fight? I don't belive this is the first time Ron Artest caused a hard foul that ****ed a player off. (lets see there was Vince Carter, Kenyan Martin, Tracy Mcgrady, etc..) If there was ever to be fight, it should of been between the security officals and the ****ed off fans.

If it hadn't been for Ben Wallace, none of this would have happened. It was not even a flagrant foul and he got ****ed about. Ok, he was emotional but he overreacted big time and Artest didn't retaliate and showed that he was the bigger man. But when a fan throws a cup or bottle of beer in your face I think you have to defend yourself. I mean, what if someone did that to you on the street or something. Professional athletes do a good job (usually) of putting up with harrassment, racial slurs and the such, stuff that many of us would react to. Ok, I don't think it was a good idea to go after the fan but I think it's justified. As for the punks that attacked him on the court, whenever a fan goes down to the floor to try to attack a player, I think the player has the right to do anything to defend himself. In the end, I think Ben Wallace deserves no less punishment than any Pacer, including Artest. What a disgrace...

All i know was that was hardcore.. i do think everyone in-volved should be fined though. And expect to see a few lawsuits come out fo this from the palyers towards the fans.

Whats sad is detriot kinda instigated the whole situation, and wound up losing the game because of it.

Does anyone here have a hq vid of the entire thing though ?

im not an indiana fan..nor a pistons fanboy...(just a raptors fanboi:) )  but i really respect both teams...in my eyes..ben acted stupid...BEN IS THE LEADER OF THE PISTONS>.their captain!!!!!!!!!!!!! just saddd

584955262[/snapback]

hard foul or not this **** happens all the time.. the small confrontation between players, the ref blows a whistle and signals a technical and everything is back to normal, the only thing different here is the the fans got involved and this shouldn't be a shock or surprise as it happened in Detroit. ron artest is an ugly penis and should have never went up there.. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THIS IDIOT STARTED BEATING UP ON THE WRONG FAN!!!! dumbass.

If it hadn't been for Ben Wallace, none of this would have happened. It was not even a flagrant foul and he got ****ed about. Ok, he was emotional but he overreacted big time and Artest didn't retaliate and showed that he was the bigger man. But when a fan throws a cup or bottle of beer in your face I think you have to defend yourself. I mean, what if someone did that to you on the street or something. Professional athletes do a good job (usually) of putting up with harrassment, racial slurs and the such, stuff that many of us would react to. Ok, I don't think it was a good idea to go after the fan but I think it's justified. As for the punks that attacked him on the court, whenever a fan goes down to the floor to try to attack a player, I think the player has the right to do anything to defend himself. In the end, I think Ben Wallace deserves no less punishment than any Pacer, including Artest. What a disgrace...

584956196[/snapback]

again, what wallace did has nothing to do with the crowd and artest. i'd bet a million dollars artest was receiving some words from the fans.. it was the cup that set it off, artest sitting down and backing off wallace has nothing to do with being the bigger man, hell if i was artest i woulda **** on myself if wallace shoved me like that. but its always easy to pick on the smaller guys.

Dude Artest and the Pacers are lucky some crazy hood rat Pistons fan didn't pull out an Uzi and spray everyone and everything down...

584955935[/snapback]

Sounds to me like you've never actually been to Detroit. At least, you don't know the culture of it. Maybe in the movies, though. :rolleyes:

As for Wallace starting it -- if Artest hadn't intentionally fouled him when the Pacers had already won the game, he wouldn't have retaliated. Then, if you want to take it further, if Artest wouldn't have layed on the table and leaned back trying to instigate something, then we wouldn't have the fans involved at all.

You can't blame a single person for this incident.

David Stern released a statement some time today..

NEW YORK, Nov. 20 -- NBA Commissioner David Stern issued the following statement today:

?The events at last night?s game were shocking, repulsive and inexcusable -- a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA. This demonstrates why our players must not enter the stands whatever the provocation or poisonous behavior of people attending the games. Our investigation is ongoing and I expect it to be completed by tomorrow evening.

The NBA has taken the following actions, effective immediately:

1. Indiana players Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O?Neal are suspended indefinitely, the length to be determined upon completion of the investigation.

2. Detroit player Ben Wallace is suspended indefinitely, the length to be determined upon completion of the investigation.

3. Review of rules and procedures relating to altercations and security have been undertaken so that fans can continue to attend our games unthreatened by events such as the ones that occurred last night.?

source: http://www.nba.com/news/commissioner_statement_041120.html

I hate it how many of you are hating on Artest more than anything. I'm a fan of neither team, so let's take a neutral perspective on this:

A foul was given...so what?! Big Ben complains...so what?! Artest walks away...right choice. Up to this point, everything was still in NBA-manner. A STUPID @SS fan throws beer at Artest...that fan deserves to get his @SS kicked by the whole Pacers team and the police if you ask me.

Fans are outrageous at games nowadays. Why must we always blame the players for their mistakes? None of this would've happened had the fan behaved. So now we know who started this don't we? That's right! The FAN! Stop hating on the players man...if you were them you'd be ticked off and kiss the sh*t out of that fan too. I know I would!

basketball players are thugs anyway... what did you expect.

584957105[/snapback]

For real man, huh? You take a blacktop street baller, pay him $10 million a year, and expect that he not fight at all on TV...ever? Hell no! Someone tries to push your buttons they better be ready for a good smackdown.