Indiana Pacers Trade Punches w/ Crowd

If it hadn't been for Ben Wallace, none of this would have happened. It was not even a flagrant foul and he got ****ed about. Ok, he was emotional but he overreacted big time and Artest didn't retaliate and showed that he was the bigger man. But when a fan throws a cup or bottle of beer in your face I think you have to defend yourself. I mean, what if someone did that to you on the street or something. Professional athletes do a good job (usually) of putting up with harrassment, racial slurs and the such, stuff that many of us would react to. Ok, I don't think it was a good idea to go after the fan but I think it's justified. As for the punks that attacked him on the court, whenever a fan goes down to the floor to try to attack a player, I think the player has the right to do anything to defend himself. In the end, I think Ben Wallace deserves no less punishment than any Pacer, including Artest. What a disgrace...

584956196[/snapback]

IT WAS A CUP.. PLASTIC CUP.. AND DIDNT EVEN HIT HIS FACE.

if it wasnt for artest going up there none of this would have happened. Having this happen at a bar, and in front of tv with millions of people watching is totally different. Artest should've known better to let security handle it and he couldve prosecuted him or whatever, but going up there and throwing punches at whoever is downright stupid. As a proffesional he should know better, he is nothing but a thug.

i still believe the foul was unnecessary. the game was over. just let him make his shot, and get over with it.

but yeah, everything was fine until artest was making a scene by laying on the scorers table. if you ask me, thats just asking for trouble.

and like somebody said, it was jsut a plastic cup, if the players charged the stands everytime a cup was thrown at somebody, everybody in every major sport would be suspended by now. it happens all the time. artest is a thug, just look at his past. he'll have plenty of time to worry about his rap cd now.

I hate it how many of you are hating on Artest more than anything. I'm a fan of neither team, so let's take a neutral perspective on this:

A foul was given...so what?! Big Ben complains...so what?! Artest walks away...right choice. Up to this point, everything was still in NBA-manner. A STUPID @SS fan throws beer at Artest...that fan deserves to get his @SS kicked by the whole Pacers team and the police if you ask me.

Fans are outrageous at games nowadays. Why must we always blame the players for their mistakes? None of this would've happened had the fan behaved. So now we know who started this don't we? That's right! The FAN! Stop hating on the players man...if you were them you'd be ticked off and kiss the sh*t out of that fan too. I know I would!

584957080[/snapback]

Here, let me put it in perspective for you:

The Pacers had already won the game. The foul on Wallace by Artest was intentional, so Wallace shoved him. Tell me how that constitutes Wallace being the bad guy here? So what if I was mad? THEY PUSH PLAYERS IN THE NBA ALL THE TIME! Tell me how Artest going to the scorer's table, laying there obviously trying to instigate something is not Artest's own fault? The guy was being a prick... got what he deserved. And, next, tell me how being hit with a cup of beer (I'm assuming it was beer, I never heard) is enough to go up in the stands and punch someone -- AND HE DIDN'T EVEN PUNCH THE RIGHT GUY!

Watch the replays. Tell me if the guy he punched was trying to do anything. In fact, I'll give you the answer: he wasn't. The guy put his hands up, basically saying 'don't hurt me', and Artest continued to punch him not even knowing who it was! How the hell could Artest even CLAIM to know who it was when he was facing the opposite direction that the cup came from?

Who should be blamed? EVERYONE. Don't blame a fan for Artest being a prick. Don't blame Artest for Wallace being mad over the game. Don't blame Wallace for getting fouled. BLAME EVERYONE.

I've never disliked Artest before. But, let's face it: he was out of line. Were the fans? Yes. Was Ben Wallace? Yes. But how the hell can he go up in the stands, punch the wrong guy, and you get mad at us all for "hating" on him?

Both the players and the fans we're being idiots... Artest needs to chill out just a little bit and the fans should not have been throwing things and picking fights with the players :no: If it were up to me I'd ban the fans that were involved from ever entering the building again.

i still believe the foul was unnecessary.  the game was over.  just let him make his shot, and get over with it. 

but yeah, everything was fine until artest was making a scene by laying on the scorers table.  if you ask me, thats just asking for trouble. 

and like somebody said, it was jsut a plastic cup, if the players charged the stands everytime a cup was thrown at somebody, everybody in every major sport would be suspended by now.  it happens all the time.  artest is a thug, just look at his past.  he'll have plenty of time to worry about his rap cd now.

584957448[/snapback]

Artest laid on the scorers table and had Reggie Miller seperating him from the fight. The whole point was to keep Ben Wallace from coming at him by putting things between him and Artest. If the cup wasn't thrown, and the fight in the stands didn't happen, you would have seen a much more mature Artest by laying on that table and refusing to fight with Wallace. Hell, Wallace threw a towel in Artest's face as he laid there, and Artest didn't respond. He didn't want to fight. He may have been ****ed, but he didn't want to fight. The cup full of liquid hitting him pushed him over the edge.

Sure, Artest has a hot temper, but so does anyone else who is in the red.

If it hadn't been for Ben Wallace, none of this would have happened. It was not even a flagrant foul and he got ****ed about. Ok, he was emotional but he overreacted big time and Artest didn't retaliate and showed that he was the bigger man. But when a fan throws a cup or bottle of beer in your face I think you have to defend yourself. I mean, what if someone did that to you on the street or something. Professional athletes do a good job (usually) of putting up with harrassment, racial slurs and the such, stuff that many of us would react to. Ok, I don't think it was a good idea to go after the fan but I think it's justified. As for the punks that attacked him on the court, whenever a fan goes down to the floor to try to attack a player, I think the player has the right to do anything to defend himself. In the end, I think Ben Wallace deserves no less punishment than any Pacer, including Artest. What a disgrace...

584956196[/snapback]

agree with you but again the nba should ban beer and alcohol inside the stadium.

Here, let me put it in perspective for you:

The Pacers had already won the game. The foul on Wallace by Artest was intentional, so Wallace shoved him. Tell me how that constitutes Wallace being the bad guy here? So what if I was mad? THEY PUSH PLAYERS IN THE NBA ALL THE TIME! Tell me how Artest going to the scorer's table, laying there obviously trying to instigate something is not Artest's own fault? The guy was being a prick... got what he deserved. And, next, tell me how being hit with a cup of beer (I'm assuming it was beer, I never heard) is enough to go up in the stands and punch someone -- AND HE DIDN'T EVEN PUNCH THE RIGHT GUY!

Watch the replays. Tell me if the guy he punched was trying to do anything. In fact, I'll give you the answer: he wasn't. The guy put his hands up, basically saying 'don't hurt me', and Artest continued to punch him not even knowing who it was! How the hell could Artest even CLAIM to know who it was when he was facing the opposite direction that the cup came from?

Who should be blamed? EVERYONE. Don't blame a fan for Artest being a prick. Don't blame Artest for Wallace being mad over the game. Don't blame Wallace for getting fouled. BLAME EVERYONE.

I've never disliked Artest before. But, let's face it: he was out of line. Were the fans? Yes. Was Ben Wallace? Yes. But how the hell can he go up in the stands, punch the wrong guy, and you get mad at us all for "hating" on him?

584957662[/snapback]

Wallace overreacted, Wallace blocked Artest about 60 seconds earlier and it looked like that Artest was trying to get one block back from Wallace. From the video clip, the foul doesn't look that hard, Artest made contact with Wallace's arm than clipped the shoulder.

I dont think anyone would have a clear head if they were worked up, they are just showing human instinct and I think it was a miracle that nobody got trampled to death or got they're head bashed in by that flying chair

The players shoulnd't be that hot headed. Still you gotta love the drama and action and those hardcore Pistons fans.

Man they lost Ben indefinitely. That would clearly clearly suck for Detriot.

Can't wait for the next Pacer-Piston game.

Does anyone know any ed2k link for the brawl?

Thanks for the links :happy:

Who else saw the biggest brawl in college football history between Clemson and S. Carolina? I mean, wow, it looked like I was watching a football boxing match with helmets and state troopers flying everywhere.

Too bad Detroit fans didn't torch the BUS ON FIRE! I can't believe Indiana Pacers would storm the fans like that, you know darn well that you'd be throwing beer and popcorn and all sorts of $hit if you saw one of the Fans being fought by a Pacer.

RON ARTEST I hope get's suspended for the rest of the season, I could care less about Detroit Pistons, but the fact that players threw punches to fans, that is ridiculous and I swear that those UNEDUCATED ATHLETES will get sued and I hope next time Indiana comes to Detroit the fans will bring BOTTLES AND CANS (just kidding) but seriously, Indiana is retarded.

you know darn well that you'd be throwing beer and popcorn and all sorts of $hit if you saw one of the Fans being fought by a Pacer.

584959541[/snapback]

Too bad they started doing that way before the Pacers stormed the stands :whistle:

Too bad they started doing that way before the Pacers stormed the stands :whistle:

584959809[/snapback]

Good (Y), too bad they didn't knock em out w/ Beer Cans. HAHA yeah I'm getting too far into it now.

Anyways, I just hope that fans learn not to throw *physical* things @ players, and players don't overreact and ofcourse never throw punches.

Let the F@CKING NBA players deal with their own SH*T on the court man!!!!!!!!!!

Like I stated earlier man, why the heck are you guys attacking the players for? White boys in hockey fight like crazy and get put in the penalty box. Black guys push each other in a bball game and you start calling them "UNEDUCATED THUGS"!?!?! That's some prejudice/racist stuff man.

Fans should just mind their own business man. I have NEVER seen a pro basketball player attack a fan without the fan provoking them first. NBA players are human too, ya'know. No man is gonna stand around and let another man throw cups and racial slurs at them without doing anything. I do to you what you do to me!

By the way, someone stated earlier that Artest had his back turned to the fans and didn't see who threw the cup at him. Watch the replay man! Artest was lying down when the cup HIT him in the face! Artest clearly saw the fan who did it.

Edited by coolmonk