Indiana Pacers Trade Punches w/ Crowd

b'coz there's no hockey... other sports are getting violent while playing on the court... be it basketball, football, baseball... damn i miss hockey

584965205[/snapback]

Ditto :(

i think you still have to attend the games even if you're suspended.

584965194[/snapback]

I think you're not allowed to attend games if you're suspended.

I think the punishment was too harsh (why wouldn't I, I'm a Pacers fan) but it isn't fair to suspend O'Neal for 25 games when everything that he did occured on the court. When a fan attacks a player on the court, he's asking for it and you can't punish a player for defending himself.

Hopefully suspensions will be appealed and trimmed down a bit.

detroit has a bad rep...its really not that bad, and its only getting better :) (i live about 20min away from the D...in the country none the less :p ) and anytime something goes wrong with someone from Detroit people add to the stereotype...but quickly forget that detroit has a good side too :) anyways...yes, wallace was wrong for pushing him...however, keep fights on the court...the pacers attacking the audience like that was worse than any fan did...so he threw a drink on him...not worth all the violence some of the pacers showed...whoop-a-dee-doo...

wow, crazy suspensions...

it's hard to say whether it was warranted or not. artest did have issues, and his attitude wasn't getting any better. hopefully he'll learn whats more important.

Double Post :p

The suspension is for the entire season and playoffs included.

584965599[/snapback]

i don't see anything saying it includes the playoffs, with the bertuzzi thing they made it clear that they include the playoffs, stern says nothing of that sort...if you have a different source please share...

anyways, i still don't see the verification for going this far considering the last time someone went into the stands and threw a punch it was only ten games...jermaine o'neal didn't even go in the stands, and he got three times the length of vernon maxwell..I'm not a pacers fan at all(however, i do love how artest plays the game, 100% on offense, 100% on defense) but this there are not going to be any serious ramifications to the fans, so really the detroit fans are going to be proud in the fact they crippled their toughest competition for the East. I'm just hoping the appeals reduce everything, which they probably won't

Now everything would be worked out if they can find the stupid fans that threw the drinks and get them a small amount of jail time... namely the one that threw the first one.

584964678[/snapback]

Totally agree.

By the way, it doesn't matter how crippled both teams are now. They never had a chance at winning this year anyway. Only two teams are potential champions...Wolves or Heat.

Totally agree.

By the way, it doesn't matter how crippled both teams are now. They never had a chance at winning this year anyway. Only two teams are potential champions...Wolves or Heat.

584966102[/snapback]

you can't say that.. anything can happen, injuries can happen, their bus can flip over during a road trip and they all die, someone could get shot, heart attack.. there's a million things out there that can change. ;)

don't get your hopes up too high.

GO PISTONS! :p

I only have one problem with this whole outcome.

I assume that the fans who starts everything, with the cup and everything, and those who came at the Pacers on the court aren't going to get anything. Which means one thing, and one thing only...

In many minds, this means it's okay to throw things at teams from the bleachers, and throw things at them as they go to the locker room, just because they don't like the outcome of the game.

Also, I have season tickets to the Pacer's home games. Looks like that was a waste now... 8th row free throw line seats. :pinch:

I only have one problem with this whole outcome.

Also, I have season tickets to the Pacer's home games. Looks like that was a waste now... 8th row free throw line seats.  :pinch:

584966273[/snapback]

maybe you can throw something on the pistions, then blame them for attacking you, then ruin their season too after stern overkills the suspensions again

maybe you can throw something on the pistions, then blame them for attacking you, then ruin their season too after stern overkills the suspensions again

584966308[/snapback]

You know, that's what I was wondering. When the Pistons come to Indiana, how will the fans there treat them? Is anyone from Indiana thinking of throwing soda and popcorn at the Pistons? I know for sure the Pistons (Ben Wallace specifically) is going to get an anry boo from the crowd, but do you guys think Indiana fans will behave?

You know, that's what I was wondering. When the Pistons come to Indiana, how will the fans there treat them? Is anyone from Indiana thinking of throwing soda and popcorn at the Pistons? I know for sure the Pistons (Ben Wallace specifically) is going to get an anry boo from the crowd, but do you guys think Indiana fans will behave?

584966618[/snapback]

I know I'll behave. I won't even boo at Ben Wallace, because I really don't feel, other than him over-reacting, he did anything wrong.

But I can't speak for the rest of the fans. A few people I know will be attending also will act the same. I just hope we don't come down to the level that happened in Detroit.

Speaking of which, on last Tuesdays game against the Hawks, there was this idiot that kept messing with the players, walking on the floor and smacked O'Neal on the ass, then when the ball rolled to him, he started bitching and threw the ball. I don't know if this was broadcast or not, I just thought this guy was an idiot.

i don't see anything saying it includes the playoffs, with the bertuzzi thing they made it clear that they include the playoffs, stern says nothing of that sort...if you have a different source please share...

584966086[/snapback]

I'll quote from this morning's Indianapolis Star

Forward Ron Artest, who rushed into the stands to fight a Detroit Piston's fan who threw a beverage on him, was suspended for the remainder of the regular season, a total of 73 games, as well as the playoffs.

Sucks, but oh well. It'll probably get knocked down a little with an appeal, but still. What's done is done.

Na I doubt his suspension is gonna be decreased...After all David Stern said after imposing the suspension that the league is not a democracy, the suspension was passed with a unanimous vote...1-0. Only he can lesson the suspension and after saying that it doesn't look like it will happen

I know I'll behave. I won't even boo at Ben Wallace, because I really don't feel, other than him over-reacting, he did anything wrong.

But I can't speak for the rest of the fans. A few people I know will be attending also will act the same. I just hope we don't come down to the level that happened in Detroit.

584966698[/snapback]

It's good to hear that you and your friends aren't going to boo, although I doubt the rest of the fans won't. It's gonna be a domino effect...one person will boo and another will follow and so on. Should be a fun game to watch even without the Pacer's best players.

Is artest even worth it? Screw that, just like I told my friend, if I owned the team and he asked for a month off for his music career, I would have told him to leave and not come back. Pay him the rest of his salary and get someone who can actually lead.

This crap? The fans were dead wrong, but Artest agaon shows how big of a baby he is.

584953737[/snapback]

I am a Pacers fan and am as hard on Ron as the next guy, but for the record, he did not ask for a month off. Just wanted to throw that out there.

i dunno, in my opinion, the players should never go into the stands, never, no matter what, so i feel more blame should be placed on the players. i'm not condoning what the fans did, but honestly, fans throw stuff in lots of games.  it's gonna be interesting to see the fallout.  who's ready for christmas day? :p

584954264[/snapback]

Just wondering if you would feel the same way if it was a reversed situation at a game at Indiana and the same thing happens. It wouldn't because fans here (Indiana) just don't act like that. Just wondering. Detroit is the same place that Artest got hit by a quarter thrown at him last year.

I just watched the video at espn and the NBA should definatly ban Ron Artest. Even if a fan threw a drink at him, Ron Artest should of walked away. Ron Artest has a history of bad behavior in the NBA, and this is new low for him.

584954701[/snapback]

If someone walks up to you on the street and throws a beer in your face, are you going to just walk away?

IT WAS A CUP.. PLASTIC CUP.. AND DIDNT EVEN HIT HIS FACE.

if it wasnt for artest going up there none of this would have happened. Having this happen at a bar, and in front of tv with millions of people watching is totally different. Artest should've known better to let security handle it and he couldve prosecuted him or whatever, but going up there and throwing punches at whoever is downright stupid. As a proffesional he should know better, he is nothing but a thug.

584957397[/snapback]

It doesn't matter where it hit him or what it was. It should have never been thrown. No justification for that.

Edit: Can a mod merge this post with the previous two? Thanks. :D

Edited by adcmarti