Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

BenQ Makes these screens for Dell in Taiwan .

585886195[/snapback]

no, that is very far from the truth.

samsung makes them, but i have no idea where

Sorry to say, mixing up Samsung with BenQ (which last i heard are rebadged LG monitors) is an insult to samsung, samsungs quality is waaaaay above benqs.

be aware that Dell have pulled the monitor from their site as they have a production shortage. I ordered one in March and they have said it wont be delivered until the end of May. The rep said they are on 49 day lead time

Woow thats nig, that mykes my 19" look small... And i just got it last year. :pinch:

Thanks for the review...

Thanks for making me jealous :argh:

:p

I'd really like to see some DVD or console action on that monitor, as it would be the decisive element as to if I get it or not because I want a kickass all-around monitor, mostly to plug a PS2 in it and have acceptable, tv-level output. Also is this monitor HDTV? for gran turismo4 and stuff..

be aware that Dell have pulled the monitor from their site as they have a production shortage. I ordered one in March and they have said it wont be delivered until the end of May. The rep said they are on 49 day lead time

585886564[/snapback]

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/Product...uctlisting.aspx

man, coming from a 2005 owner, it sure is nice to see all those usb/card slots on the LEFT side...mine are on the right, which suck when putting dual monitors (depending on where it is)

good review, thats the next monitor im getting, one 2405 and one 2005 :)

maybe eventually i will have a 2005x2405x2005

WHAT A GREAT REVIEW MAN! I didn't know you can turn this monitor vertically and horizontally, I'm even more impressed than I was before. I like the monitor the very first time I saw (I saw it today BTW :D) but I was a little worry about spending the money on it since I've spend $2,500.00 on an Omega Planet Ocean watch (I'm a freaky watch collector and the Moderator of the most popular watch Forum out there the Invicta Forum) http://www.watchuseek.com/forums.htm , and also I asked myself if I really wanted to replace my Samsung SyncMaster 210 T. I read a few reviews about it but none of them impressed me like yours. Thank you very much! BTW I ordered one for me today for $1,019.15 free shipp, so I can't wait to get mine.

Hamilton Carvalho

mine turned up yesterday :D

and its going home on saturday?:pp

585903690[/snapback]

When did you order yours?

Edit:

Further Information

Order Date: 12/04/2005

Estimated Delivery date: 13/05/2005

Actual Shipment Date: 11/05/2005

Carrier Name: Walsh Western

Status of delivery: Your order is out for delivery, ETA is 13/05/2005

:DD:DD

ordered end of april. was told last week i think that they had a parts shortage and it may be put back till mid june, so it was a nice surprise to see it turn up!

• 2 weeks later...

At the age of 31 I have learned to spoil myself

A few months back I bought 2 20" monitors from Dell .. but lately they came out with the 24" .. so I hide some $$ from the wife and ordered the first 24" .. the second I will order once I ebay the 2 x 20's

this thing is amazing ... check it out

http://nullmind.com/2005/05/26/2405fpw/

i've had to get a replacement as the stand is not quite level. at the moment theres a wad of post-it notes pushed under the front! dell say they can't just replace the stand, they have to do the whole thing. so in 3 days time the new one turns up!

DVD & TV

There did seem to be some minor issues when viewing DVDs at such a high resolution. I think DVDs aren't generally made to be viewed at 1920 x 1200 (see the difference in sizes below), so when viewing in fullscreen mode you can see poor quality effects. But I didn't mind it too much and if you sit back from the screen a little (which you probably should do) then it's not so bad. I did find the quality to be worse in some applications. Windows Media Player Classic seemed to work well. Of course, it's possible to lower the resolution and that can make things look better when viewing video, but I didn't bother too much with this. In general, DVDs looks great and the widescreen format adds to the experience. Picture quality was good and I couldn't notice any real ghosting effects. That's not to say there isn't any, but to me it looked fine.

585816195[/snapback]

i noticed the samething on my new HDTV which supports 1080p (1920x1080)

problem with currect dvds is they are only 720x480, we have to wait for HD-DVD and blu-ray which should be going on sale around fall-winter.

The 24 looks great, but I just got the 20 a few days ago, which with the latest revision had no backlight issues or dead pixels plus I can't image me ever needing anything bigger than the 20.

The 20 incher by the way is basically the same viewable height as my Dell 19" CRT, but over 2-1/2" wider.

The 24's viewable area is 2 inches higher than the 20 and almost 3-1/2 inches wider than the 20.

Edited by fredbass

mine turned up yesterday :D

- Pictures -

and its going home on saturday  :p

585903690[/snapback]

Now why would you have Steam on your work computer??

Hey guys, I also own a 2405 in conjunction with an nVidia 6800 Ultra. For some reason, running at 1920x1200, there's a visible delay in redrawing the screen.

In other words, when you hit minimize on a maximized window for example, it's almost like you can see the wallpaper redrawing itself. It's slow in that regard.

When I lower the resolution, it doesn't happen.

Does anyone else notice this?

after reading reviews, ive decided on getting the 2405 vs. two 2005fpw's. the cheapest i have found is $1017 USD shipped from a company i found through pricegrabber, ive looked through a few threads here as well as googled for some dell coupons and havnt found anything cheaper. where are some good places to find dell coupons