Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

Can I get a steady FPS (ideally holding near 60) in games like HL2, Call of Duty and BF2 running at the native resolution without turning off too much of the eye candy?? Anyone else have a similar setup and use it for gaming?

I also spend a lot of time on video production and photoshop work and I don't have any doubts about these uses.

586391129[/snapback]

I can play CS at 1920 x 1600 with an FPS of around 50/60 with most things set to high, but AA turned off or low. That's with a 6600GT though, so the 6800GT should be fine. Get the monitor, you'll love it!

I also do photoshop work, 3d and video and it's great for that.

What are the "best" settings for the monitor? I imagine Adobe Photoshop users here have properly configured their display?

586419092[/snapback]

I haven't changed any settings in Photoshop for my display.

Back up to ?856.58 now :(( www.overclockers.co.uk have got it at ?693.19 inc vat tho this week only starting today.

Try doing a CRTL + F5 to force a refresh on the page if you're not seeing the same price.

I've decided to keep the 2005 now, I've got this screen and a 17" Dell tft sat either side also, so think I've got enough desktop to cope with. Also the motion blur when fast gaming is a bit of a worry too.

Nick

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you have this problem as well? When I watch a movie or any multimedia file in full screen, the right edge of the screen would flash non-stop. Does this happen to you guys? Thanks.

P.S: This is for the Dell 2405FPW.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you have this problem as well? When I watch a movie or any multimedia file in full screen, the right edge of the screen would flash non-stop. Does this happen to you guys? Thanks.

P.S: This is for the Dell 2405FPW.

586612882[/snapback]

Nope. You might be able to send it back to Dell if it's really bad.

Nope. You might be able to send it back to Dell if it's really bad.

586614203[/snapback]

Weird, when I tried it with another movie, the problem goes away. Yet with this other file, it does that.

Weird, when I tried it with another movie, the problem goes away. Yet with this other file, it does that.

586617435[/snapback]

Have you tried that movie on another monitor?

I just got my 24 inch for 950 shipped, with the 9100 with added options, hellofadeal lol. Anyway, there is a ****load of what seems to be backlight bleeding on this monitor, and i have the brightness all the way down which doesnt do much. This monitor is the brightest thing ive ever seen. Blacks are damn near a light black/ dark gray, but it doesnt have any dead pixeks. Anyone else have any backlight bleeding issues? For me its about a 3 inch top right corner, 2 inches on the top left corner, a 4 inch diameter circle towards the top right and about a 4 inch in diameter circle towards the bottom left.. My 18.1 inch display has a much better picture when viewing blacks, i wasnt expecting this. I think I should give dell a call. Other then the backlight issue the screen is sweet as hell

I just got my 24 inch for 950 shipped, with the 9100 with added options, hellofadeal lol. Anyway, there is a ****load of what seems to be backlight bleeding on this monitor, and i have the brightness all the way down which doesnt do much. This monitor is the brightest thing ive ever seen. Blacks are damn near a light black/ dark gray, but it doesnt have any dead pixeks. Anyone else have any backlight bleeding issues? For me its about a 3 inch top right corner, 2 inches on the top left corner, a 4 inch diameter circle towards the top right and about a 4 inch in diameter circle towards the bottom left.. My 18.1 inch display has a much better picture when viewing blacks, i wasnt expecting this. I think I should give dell a call. Other then the backlight issue the screen is sweet as hell

586628254[/snapback]

yeah i know what you mean... i have a 2005fpw and my bleeding is horrendous... 3 corners are terrible and the 4th is bad... but i deal with it. how many times am i really staring at a black screen anyway?

i just got mine last week and i have no probs at all, crystal clear and blacks are black. RMA it immediatly

586628306[/snapback]

all over it, and when playing games, you dont want backlight bleeding man

• 2 weeks later...

Ok im thinking about getting this. I have a geforce 5500 fx. My highest resolution I can do right now is 1280x1024. If I get this monitor will it allow me to go higher or no? If not is there sometype of software I can get to allow me too? If not would I get the best res on the 20"?

If you currently have an LCD monitor it usually only shows the resolution the monitor can go up to. In your case 1280 by 1024 but once you get the new one it should go up as high as 1920 by 1200

Im currently running a crt. Would that make a differnce? Also I can go widescreen but only 1200x1800 currentl. That will change when the new monitor is plugged in?

i'm not sure but it does sound like a limitation to the graphics cards, but i've seen older ones go higher so as my friend would say "I'm not pretty sure"

I just emailed bfg's service email and now ill see soon. I found out I could put a custom resolution, that would match that of dell's. Would that possibly over heat my gfx card?

Edited by fugazi26

• 2 weeks later...