Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

Ordered mine yesterday for $779, can't beat that price. Says it shipped and I should have it by the 28th.. prolly sooner :)

The monitor just came today. I must say that any picture you see of this monitor is very deceiving. The monitor when you are see it in person its about 3x bigger than what it looks like in any photographic i've seen and or also taken of it.

but I must say farcry has never looked so good

battlefield 2 doesn't look that bad even though I know its stretching it

xvid's don't look half bad either

586179597[/snapback]

You know you should either disable stretching (Run ur drivers in aspect mode) or better yet set the resolution parameters to wide screen in the BF2 shortcut (I don't have them handy right now). A good site for wide screen displays: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/

I think when you alow stretching; which is done through the display driver, it kills some performance.

It's here!!! It's Here!!! It arrived about 11:15AM and all I can say is WOW!!!!

For all who are still wondering wether to jump on the band wagon or not, I have to say, in the words of a certain company, JUST DO IT. DO IT NOW.

This thing is sweet. Zero dead pixels and no backlight bleeding whatsoever. Just awesome!!!!!

It's here!!! It's Here!!! It arrived about 11:15AM and all I can say is WOW!!!!

For all who are still wondering wether to jump on the band wagon or not, I have to say, in the words of a certain company, JUST DO IT.  DO IT NOW.

This thing is sweet.  Zero dead pixels and no backlight bleeding whatsoever.  Just awesome!!!!!

586248261[/snapback]

It will become you best friend, guaranteed ;)

I just received my 2405FPW today. Awesome monitor. However, the highest resolution I can get out of my Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 card is 1600 x 1200. Latest Nvidia drivers are installed. Is there a way to get this card to display 1920x1200? If not, what is a good sub $200 video card that will handle this resolution?

I just received my 2405FPW today.  Awesome monitor.  However, the highest resolution I can get out of my Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 card is 1600 x 1200.  Latest Nvidia drivers are installed.  Is there a way to get this card to display 1920x1200?  If not, what is a good sub $200 video card that will handle this resolution?

586272409[/snapback]

The 77.72 drives should allow you to use 19x12.

If you want a new card get a 6600GT with Dual DVI. :)

The 77.72 drives should allow you to use 19x12.

If you want a new card get a 6600GT with Dual DVI. :)

586272411[/snapback]

192:120 :rolleyes:

the horizontal resolution is excellent but the vertical resolution seem to leave something to be desired, at least from the specs. I'd assume it should have a higher resolution for a 24", hell my 20" crt does 2048x1536.

the horizontal resolution is excellent but the vertical resolution seem to leave something to be desired, at least from the specs. I'd assume it should have a higher resolution for a 24", hell my 20" crt does 2048x1536.

586275595[/snapback]

2048x1536 is not WIDESCREEN. Maybe you didn't get the purpose of this monitor. :rolleyes:

Just got mine yesterday. It is quite a thing of beauty. I didn't have any high pitched sound issues, and the backlight looks fairly uniform. However, one partially dead pixel made me call up Dell. They had no problem sending me a replacement. <3 Dell

2048x1536 is not WIDESCREEN. Maybe you didn't get the purpose of this monitor.  :rolleyes:

586276151[/snapback]

Why would you say that, I just bought a 2005fpw. I know very well that this is widescreen. I was talking about the lack of resolution, not the aspect ratio. You can just tell a post will take your intelligence level down for the day when you read the equaivalent of "you obviously don't know" followed by " :rolleyes: "

586275595[/snapback]

30" apple cinema does 2560x1600, you can spend a nice $3000 on that and be set ;)

Regarding my 2405FPW - I just ordered an XFX 6800GT Nvidia graphics card. Will I be able to run 1920x1200 on DVI? I currently have a GeForce FX 5600 card and the best it will do is 1600x1200 on DVI. I can get 1920x1200 with the analog input but the colors are not as pure and fonts not as clear compared to DVI.

Thanks!

Regarding my 2405FPW - I just ordered an XFX 6800GT Nvidia graphics card.  Will I be able to run 1920x1200 on DVI?  I currently have a GeForce FX 5600 card and the best it will do is 1600x1200 on DVI.  I can get 1920x1200 with the analog input but the colors are not as pure and fonts not as clear compared to DVI.

Thanks!

586290333[/snapback]

im pretty sure it will. i have a 9600pro which is around the same generation as your 5600 so i don't understand why u cant get 19 x 12 on it. anyway good luck :)

Another question - I upgraded to the 2405FPW from a 1901FP. I just noticed that some of my videos when I use Movie Maker 2.0 to reduce the size of them, they look whitewashed in Media Player 10. Any ideas how to fix this???

Another question - I upgraded to the 2405FPW from a 1901FP.  I just noticed that some of my videos when I use Movie Maker 2.0 to reduce the size of them, they look whitewashed in Media Player 10.  Any ideas how to fix this???

586290479[/snapback]

u might try adjusting the overlay controls. they are in your advanced display settings. also the 2405 has a video mode that helps with video but i think that it only works on the s-video, composite, and component imputs. not sure thought but check both of those.

Another question - I upgraded to the 2405FPW from a 1901FP.  I just noticed that some of my videos when I use Movie Maker 2.0 to reduce the size of them, they look whitewashed in Media Player 10.  Any ideas how to fix this???

586290479[/snapback]

If you're runing the nvidia 77.72 drivers, go install beta 77.76 it fixes this.

Weird - I installed 77.76 and it still does this. Videos taken by my Canon PowerShot S45 look perfect. Any other video on my PC looks whitewashed with flashy bright colors.

I originally had 77.76 drivers when I got this monitor. I uninstalled and then re-installed 77.72 trying to see if that would help me get 1920x1200 on DVI. It didn't work. However, I am able to get 1920x1200 on analog. I then noticed that some of my videos look funky. I just upgraded to 77.76 and some of the videos still look funny. I even tried installing the latest K-lite video pack and that didn't help. I also hooked up my old monitor (DELL 19" LCD) and they look funny on that too so I'm not sure what happened...

can someone please time how long it takes to go from digital source to the analog source and vice versa, i want to know if its faster than my crt that has dual input (analog of course)

How are the viewing angles on this monitor? I can't seem to find them....If it has good viewing angles, I think this monitor is perfect! But I am VERY picky about this....The bare minimum must be 176 degrees....