Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

Just running a plain x800 xt dual mon setup @ 2x 1920x1200.

Runs just fine, am sure most late cards will handle it no probs.

586094340[/snapback]

i hate you :devil:

Behold, my new monitor :D

dsc01828ast.jpg

(Click image for bigger version).

This new 2405FPW absolutely rocks. Not a single dead pixel that I've managed to find so far, and the blacks are pretty deep, deeper than the other LCD. Then again, this is a S-PVA panel, so deep blacks are not all that surprising.

The LCD to the right is an 18" Dell panel... looks pretty small next to the 2405FPW. Even my 22" Mitsu 2070SB CRT looks small next to the 2405FPW, moreso in person than in the pic.

Can't wait to hook up my digital TV box up to it and be able to use the picture-in-picture feature for watching TV.

I noticed that this is an A01 revision. Anyone know what differences there are between this and A00 that earlier buyers got?

sweet setup. i shall have to post a new pic of mine. also got no dead pixels. my xbox looks great running through the componet input. you can even swivel it so you get one momma of a portrait display!

ordered mine today, for my birthday (which is on july 11th) ...sweet news about the picture in picture... didn't even know that.

• 3 weeks later...

The monitor just came today. I must say that any picture you see of this monitor is very deceiving. The monitor when you are see it in person its about 3x bigger than what it looks like in any photographic i've seen and or also taken of it.

but I must say farcry has never looked so good

battlefield 2 doesn't look that bad even though I know its stretching it

xvid's don't look half bad either

post-4927-1120777612_thumb.jpg

post-4927-1120777645_thumb.jpg

post-4927-1120777973_thumb.jpg

Edited by warwagon

nice monitor. oh, yea you can tell its stretching that bf2 screenie... should set it to "aspect" so it maintains the aspect ratio... oval radar looks kinda funky :rofl:

just ordered mine here are the numbers:

Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand Qty: 1

Unit Price: $1,199.00

Dell Home Customers: Save 28% on the Dell 2405FPW Flat Panel Monitor 320-4221 (before tax and shipping) purchased from the Electronics and Accessories site!(affiliate only online offer)

Expires on 2005-07-18 10:59:59 - $335.72

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS

Get free ground (3-5 day) shipping on peripheral items over $49!

Expires on 2005-07-21 10:59:59 - $13.00

Dell Home Customers: Save 2% when you use DPA! (Discount applied at Final Checkout) See Details link for complete details.

Expires on 2005-07-30 04:59:59 - $17.27

Sub-Total $846.01

Shipping Discount -$13.00

Shipping and Handling $0.00

Tax $69.80

Total $915.81

Be sure to look for other great deals online. i usually check www.techbargains.com for good deals.

dell small business has the 2405fpw for $779 (lowest EVER):

use coupon code 629P2JKBS7CWWD for 35% off

586233020[/snapback]

:o :cool:

Okay I just received my Dell 2405FPW and my god this thing is a beast. It's huge and mine has no dead pixels and no apparent light bleeding!!!

At first I freaked out because I saw several black dots on the screen. I counted 8 of them, but I decide to put my finger on one of the dots and it came off. I looked at my finger and it was just spec of black particle. I'm not sure what you call them, but for simplicity's sake, I'll just call them particles ;). Anyway after touching all 8 of those areas very lightly, the specks came off and and I did another dead pixel test and voila, no dead pixels!!! I'll have to watch a DVD later to confirm any backlight bleeding, but my initial inspection is that there is very little to none when I looked at a black screen.

How about dust? How about stop talking about an issue which doesn't exist on the 2405FPW (eg backlight).

Getting a little peeved about the comments here. The 2405FPW is not the same panel and doesn't have the same problems.

How about dust? How about stop talking about an issue which doesn't exist on the 2405FPW (eg backlight).

Getting a little peeved about the comments here. The 2405FPW is not the same panel and doesn't have the same problems.

586235125[/snapback]

Sorry, but I thought it would be interesting to write down. Anyway, I didn't know dust was black??? :whistle:

Curious how the black levels are on the 2405FPW when its displaying A LOT of black? (Doom 3 / Thief / Splinter Cell / Riddick etc.) , I recently returned a 2001FP due to horrendous black levels, the black levels looked fine on web pages / windowed command prompt etc. but fullscreen gaming & movies had bright / washed out blacks ,I think having my CRT sitting next to it (Clone mode) made it even more apparent. It was my first LCD purchase and although it overall looked great with web pages & text everything else looked better on the CRT (Photos / Games / Movies) My CRT is a higher end model that I paid $620 for last year on newegg.com (retail was $799), maybe Im expecting to much from LCD perhaps? The thought of having a 24" Widescreen display is tempting still ...

Edited by mathesar

The thought of having a 24" Widescreen display is tempting still ...

yes words can't describe how good the monitor is, the screen real estate that you get is just unbelievable