Aero style

About new font, please list it and I'll ask my friend to get it.

Release? I haven't tried real OS yet so I might lose something. Perhaps a week.

This is not aero.

"The Gates keynote is over. Nothing dramatic over my ealier preview. However, I'd like to highlight one very important fact you'll not find out about elsewhere: That Longhorn UI that was shown off today was not the final UI, which will be much more impressive. We'll see that at the PDC this September, I'm told."

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowspaulthu...rott_46166.html

"The Gates keynote is over. Nothing dramatic over my ealier preview. However, I'd like to highlight one very important fact you'll not find out about elsewhere: That Longhorn UI that was shown off today was not the final UI, which will be much more impressive. We'll see that at the PDC this September, I'm told." Paul Thurrott. hope its better than what 5048 has

Prefer the lighter grey theme myself, probably easier to find matching MSN and Winamp skins etc to go with it. Would still like to see the white flag on the start button implemented as standard though ;)

I'd be interested in testing it also, even though it's not complete, it looks very nice, and I am unsure about wanting to install the actual 5048 build on my laptop.

Looks really nice as always Windows X :yes:

Feel free to release a beta, I'd be happy to test things out for you. Keep up the excelent work.

^ Same here. Damn.. Windows X, you're fast. I couldn't believe myself when I saw the screenshot.

Good start, although it would be much more effective to use the images right out of Longhorn. The start button looks different and so does some of the other minor elements of the theme (Font color etc...)

Other than that, good stuff.

ok windowsX trying to give u a litle hand here..

1. the colors need to be fixed needs to bee all in the lite gray not the darker

2. startbutton the flag needs to be white

3. needs a shellstyle that aligns to the bottom of the explorer windows

think the 3 points are the major things that need to be done for now

post-39299-1114591679.jpg

post-39299-1114592118.jpg

Totally agree with Apache-User, did point out the need for the light grey colour and start button issues earlier too also ;)

Really hoping to seeing an update with these changes in please Windows X :)

thanks for suggestion

1. the colors need to be fixed needs to bee all in the lite gray not the darker <--- there's problem with inactive windows, imagine the same thing as Slate and wait for Aero Style (WinHEC) VS lol...

2. startbutton the flag needs to be white <--- This time it's not full picture startbutton. flag and text depends on OS so you can mod explorer.exe file to get that flag

3. needs a shellstyle that aligns to the bottom of the explorer windows <--- will do ;)

if you're going to place the shellstyle on the bottom, could you please restore the capability to view previews of a file there? With recent shellstyle mods that place the shellstyle horizontally, that's a functional loss which is difficult to accept sometimes :(

Anyways, even if you were not to do this request, could you atleast tell me if it could be done?

I think aero would look better if it "lost some weight". Hey Windows X could you make a version with a thin taskbar, thin caption bars and compact start menu. I really think this would be a good style if it were on a diet.