Aero style

WindowsX, are you planning on creating a thin taskbar version? I hope so. Also, how is the shellstyle coming along? Are you going to base it off of the shellstyle you used in your earlier jade msstyle's? It's looking great though.

The file is downloading as corrupt at the moment, did work fine when I was at work a few hours back?

Nick

585837550[/snapback]

Sorry, ignor me :blush:

Nick

The file is downloading as corrupt at the moment, did work fine when I was at work a few hours back?

Nick

585837550[/snapback]

I attached file in forum and most ppl downloaded and tried without any issues.

if you're going to place the shellstyle on the bottom, could you please restore the capability to view previews of a file there? With recent shellstyle mods that place the shellstyle horizontally, that's a functional loss which is difficult to accept sometimes  :(

Anyways, even if you were not to do this request, could you atleast tell me if it could be done?

585837537[/snapback]

Go see the result here https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=313751

I think aero would look better if it "lost some weight".  Hey Windows X could you make a version with a thin taskbar, thin caption bars and compact start menu.  I really think this would be a good style if it were on a diet.

585837717[/snapback]

Thin taskbar will definitely be included as usual but now I'm thinking about making slim for compact suite or just thin taskbar...

WindowsX, are you planning on creating a thin taskbar version?  I hope so.  Also, how is the shellstyle coming along?  Are you going to base it off of the shellstyle you used in your earlier jade msstyle's?  It's looking great though.

585837726[/snapback]

Shellstyle is hardly to choose since MS added original shellstyle which is lame Luna's mod. I'd use Jade as based shellstyle and mod it somehow.

Windows X - love the new theme, using it right now :)

If I understand you correctly your saying that you can't change the colour of the flag in the start button as this is done by the 'explorer.exe' file windows uses??

I don't understand this as from memory all the older blue 'Plex' themes you and others did used the white windows 'longhorn' flag and no files needed to be changed?

Could you please explain how you do this as I really want my start button to look as close to the real Aero as possible please.

Thanks

Freedom 77 - Here's a shot of the 'white flag ' start button from the original Aero theme from the latest Longhorn Build 5048 comapred to the one Windows X uses in his great new theme:

post-39299-1114592118.jpg

Me and Apache-User were just trying to ask Windows X if he could change his theme to make the start button look more like the original Aero theme.

Windows X - love the new theme, using it right now :)

If I understand you correctly your saying that you can't change the colour of the flag in the start button as this is done by the 'explorer.exe' file windows uses??

I don't understand this as from memory all the older blue 'Plex' themes you and others did used the white windows 'longhorn' flag and no files needed to be changed?

Could you please explain how you do this as I really want my start button to look as close to the real Aero as possible please.

Thanks

585837835[/snapback]

Not can't but I'd prefer to keep it original this time since original work came out like this. btw, you can use Longhorn Transformation Pack to get that as well so not really needed to make it anyway (I'd like to use DWM flag than M3 ones)

I'm not worried about the flag, the shellstyle seems like a big deal right now though, the best way to do it. I wish I could help... what program do you use to create these msstyle's anyway?

I use StyleBuilder.

btw, this is my start button I want to use.

585837948[/snapback]

In the faint possibility that somebody out there understands me could somebody 'please' explain how you change the start button in a theme please?

Do I need a specific application to do this?

Thanks guys

In the faint possibility that somebody out there understands me could somebody 'please' explain how you change the start button in a theme please?

Do I need a specific application to do this?

Thanks guys

585838085[/snapback]

if its a start button without text like this theme you need stylebuilder to change it or you hack explorer.exe via reshacker...

also you can change images in msstyles via reshacker

hope that helps u a bit

Lookin sweet Windows X, i just had another idea for different colours in this theme;

You could use black for the whole taskbar, keep he start button the same, then change the title bar to a black and the dark gray where the menu options you could change to a white, just an idea i had, it may not look great, but i just thought it might. :blush:

Iam lovein your theme anyways :D :D

Is that a longhorn build screenshot or is that your visual style? If that's your visual style (updated) can we get that updated version with a shellstyle? And is that Codename Dashboard?