BBC Broadcasting on the Internet now

Typical :rolleyes: Snooker on BBC 2 *again* :rofl: News 24 is good to watch, shame it repeats when theres no news :/

What time will this be in Central? :) I will definately be watching this on my TV with some popcorn!!  :p  :laugh:  :D

What is on BBC3? More teen-related programming (hopefully)? :)

I want CBBC cause they have my favorite show, Jepoardy (not the game show).. its were kids are stranded somewhere.. VERY cool show!! (P.S. anyone know where I can download the show? or if it still is shown on CBBC?)

585856662[/snapback]

BBC3 is Little Britain station so ha will they eckers like!

What time will this be in Central? :) I will definately be watching this on my TV with some popcorn!!  :p  :laugh:  :D

What is on BBC3? More teen-related programming (hopefully)? :)

I want CBBC cause they have my favorite show, Jepoardy (not the game show).. its were kids are stranded somewhere.. VERY cool show!! (P.S. anyone know where I can download the show? or if it still is shown on CBBC?)

585856662[/snapback]

BBC3 is comedy etc, my favorite BBC channel, even though i dont watch it anymore.

all I watch is SkyOne.

I don't know the times in Central, but if you want to convert from GMT, these are the times:

20:10 (08:10PM) on BBC 1

i swear that news 24 has always been streamed online before this......

just a note, its working brilliantly over here in south africa on my 512k adsl :huh: :yes: . Pretty pointless though, as I can just go over and turn the tv on :p

just a note, its working brilliantly over here in south africa on my 512k adsl :huh: :yes: . Pretty pointless though, as I can just go over and turn the tv on :p

585856720[/snapback]

It's really usefull for me, I'm at university and our TV reception is terrible (in fact we can only pick up ITV) so it's made me happy. Just hope it lasts.

http://support.bbc.co.uk/multicast/

BBC Multicast trial

The Olympics went well and provoked a lot of interest with a number of ISPs starting work on adding multicast to their services.

We've been quiet for a while as we work on plans for the next phase which we hope to announce soon.

ISPs that missed the Olympics, our initial publicity at LINX in Jan and Xchangepoint in July can still join in, email multicast-tech@bbc.co.uk.

Due to rights restrictions some content can only be delivered to users in the UK. We've started looking at an international service and are considering which IX to start at, let us know where you'd like to meet us.

We will be carrying the funeral of the Pope (08-04-2005) and the Royal Wedding (09-04-2005)

* Why we're doing this

* Peering with the trial network

* Live stream list

list of feeds here

Interesting isn't it. They charge me a license fee to watch their biased rubbish on my TV - yet some guy from say America (or wherever) can watch the same stuff on the internet for free.

585856456[/snapback]

lol Yeah that's taking some figuring out for me too.

Great tip guys -

I just copied the shortuts into text files, renamed them as *.strm and can now watch the Beeb on my Xbox (using XBMC)!

Yay .. thanks Auntie

Caroline (Ex BBC in FL, USA)

except that that's technologically impossible

585856676[/snapback]

"Due to rights restrictions some content can only be delivered to users in the UK. We've started looking at an international service and are considering which IX to start at, let us know where you'd like to meet us."

Damn those Neowin experts in everything.

Works fine here in FL ....

I watched the end of Songs of Praise and am currently watching a travel show!

I'm looking forward to seeing Dr. Who, in real time and not waiting for Bit Tornado to deliver it to me!!

I'm so happy!!

It'll be intresting to see what happens when on BBC 1 News they go to the Regional News.

585856859[/snapback]

Probably cut to london news, which is understandable to say the least as it covers the largest headcount.