BBC Broadcasting on the Internet now

lol Yeah that's taking some figuring out for me  too.

585856790[/snapback]

Agreed, why the hell should the UK pay for them to stream their content free to the whole world?

This has confirmed that I will never pay a TV license (don't have a tv anyways, am a student), and will stream their content for free if I ever need to watch it, until they drop the license fee.

Yeah, pretty ****e we have to pay for the world to view this for free. About right though really.

But cool all the same.. can now watch some channels in a small window! w00t :)

Local News is on now - What news do you get in the US (and other countries)?

I get London news (but I'm in London).

I'd laugh if all UK channels did this - those poor people that paid for a TV tuner.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is about to start on BBC 1.

and to the above poster, its not pinkish here, i will be taking a screenshot when indie is on for my blog, so that will show you how i see it here.

It seems smaller when Indiana is on.

Edit - Nvm, it was when the dancers were on, it's fine now. Except theres a stupid grey line down the right hand side.

Woo! The quality is dam nice now, all the buffering has gone.

Meet the Parents And Big Daddy are on tommorow, will have to record those :shifty:

except that that's technologically impossible

585856676[/snapback]

It's not impossible. In fact it's not even difficult. A whois query on an IP address will reveal the country of origin and from there it's easy enough to reject anything non-UK based.

You'll never catch people using proxies, but if you can find a working UK proxy that is capable of streaming such a high-bandwidth application then you deserve to be able to watch it. :)

Woo! The quality is dam nice now, all the buffering has gone.

Meet the Parents And Big Daddy are on tommorow, will have to record those :shifty:

585857414[/snapback]

:laugh: - Piracy will probably be an issue.

They showed Meet the Parents on BBC4 (or 3) the other week.