BBC Broadcasting on the Internet now

BB2 works - but it's a boring channel BTW

The only good program is The Apprentice (Wednesday 21.00 (9.00PM)) IMHO.

Snooker now (I'm not really an enthusiast)

the brightness doesnt seem to have any effect!?

585857637[/snapback]

Restart the app :/

Im not sure though :blush:

Hmmm, you know what we need!! Streaming BitTorrent TV.. If BBC can broadcast a good quality signal with good sound at 32KB/s and BitTorrent can go at atleast 150KB/s (for me, ADSL)... Then I don't see a problem with streaming BitTorrent, we could have 1 main person to send the signal out.. And then it could be a domino effect... Hmmm, anyone want to work on this? :) :) :p

^ How can you do this? :/ :D

585857666[/snapback]

Well it's technically possible.. Someone just seed a file thats always changing.. And then let the BitTorrent client open it while its being received...

or.. how abouts we just get a normal stream going running a playlist of files that the host has...

585857681[/snapback]

BitTorrent Style or no? Because just streaming it from one computer.. Will definetly cause bandwidth problems...

anyone have any news etc on when the channels will be back online?

585857693[/snapback]

Probably not anytime soon, and if they do.. Subscription-Only probably..

wouldn't it work but only up to a limted amount of people something around 30? if they all the broadcast as much as they could out 256kbits then surely that would increase the numbers more just a thought?

we already pay to watch the channels in the uk so surely our access should be free, maybe those in other coutries should be able to pay a small feee for the content.

BBC - Mingeteasing ******s :p

585857702[/snapback]

:rofl:

wouldn't it work but only up to a limted amount of people something around 30? if they all the broadcast as much as they could out 256kbits then surely that would increase the numbers more just a thought?

585857703[/snapback]

They have enough bandwith, trust me. They've wanted to do stuff like this for a while, it was the main thing they Introduced the broadband features for :)

we already pay to watch the channels in the uk so surely our access should be free, maybe those in other coutries should be able to pay a small feee for the content.

585857714[/snapback]

We only actually pay the license for BBC, I'm thinking it will be free if you can proove you have a license and such :)

Hmmm, you know what we need!! Streaming BitTorrent TV.. If BBC can broadcast a good quality signal with good sound at 32KB/s and BitTorrent can go at atleast 150KB/s (for me, ADSL)... Then I don't see a problem with streaming BitTorrent, we could have 1 main person to send the signal out.. And then it could be a domino effect... Hmmm, anyone want to work on this? :) :) :p

585857659[/snapback]

they're working on something based on p2p called iMP (Interactive Media Player), that'll let you download any and all of the BBC programs from the last 8 days.

Cos you'll have to use their player (which by the way uses an open source codec), everything you download will have a timebomb.

I am strongly against live streaming feeds for the entire world... Its a joke that we in the UK are funding free services for all :no: