[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

I was being sarcastic about the Pokemon games, sheesh! I was a GC fan for two years, so don't hate :)

Anyways, I've seen the Previews for Red Steel, Zelda, and Call of Duty. They all look really cool. Red Steel especially. And the Mario game looks equally impressive from what previews out on the 'Net. Sunshine was/is a blast to play ... don't get me wrong. And its worth it to play to the end.

I think long term, though, as with the current line-up there's a bunch of more "mature" games and then it fades away. I think especially since the textures on the Wii aren't going to be as hi-res as the PS3 and Xbox 360 (assuming both do really well in the market) it might be that Wii gets squeezed out.

I thought of getting a PC within a year but I'd prefer to get a new console as a upg to my PS2. Besides, I'd want to upgrade my Mac and don't want a PC as well.

I thought of getting a PC within a year but I'd prefer to get a new console as a upg to my PS2. Besides, I'd want to upgrade my Mac and don't want a PC as well.

BootCamp :yes:

Problem solved?

Wii already can preorder here in Mexico, yesterday I went to Sam's Club here in Monterrey and they've a shelve full of plastic things with a wii photo and the price. Wii also got screwed by Nintendo, you can already preorder for 288 mexican pesos wich is about 26 USD, but the console is going to cost around 4500 pesos, (409 USD) i can't remember the exact price but was around that number. They seem to have plenty of thos plastics wich if each plastic=1 wii, there are launching the wii with good quantities here. the date printed on the papaer is novevmber 19 or 17 I can't recall.. here are some crappy cellphone photos .

post-21550-1160530911.jpg

post-21550-1160530921.jpg

post-21550-1160530930.jpg

^ WHAT THE!! :omg:

That can't be right. Maybe it's the price to reserve one, you know.. pay the rest once it's out. Either that, or there's some sort of pricing malfunction in that Sam's Club store. $26 USD for a Wii is a steal.

^ WHAT THE!! :omg:

That can't be right. Maybe it's the price to reserve one, you know.. pay the rest once it's out. Either that, or there's some sort of pricing malfunction in that Sam's Club store. $26 USD for a Wii is a steal.

Perhaps I was not clear, my english is not that good :p

The preorder is 288 pesos (26 USD), that is only for the right to preorder it, once they arrive they are going to charge the rest. The wii is going to cost 400USD in Mexico, I thing it has to do with importing taxes. Thank god I live ear the border, I do all my game/pc/tech related purchases in the US, its so much cheap, here most things are overpriced (like the wii). One notable exception is the 360 wich is about the same price here and the US

you were very clear the first time, don't worry your english is fine. sometimes people just jump to conclusions and miss the key words in a sentence :) don't worry there are many non-key market areas getting screwed by price. still debating wether to pick one up here at launch in japan..

Heres the goods on Gamestop/EB Preordering, for those of you who never 'signed up for info' at their site like 10 months ago :)

wiipre_email_main.jpg

wiipre_email_ustrades.jpg

wiipre_email_catop.jpgwiipre_email_caeng.jpg

I still think Id rather not preorder and go up to Walmart so I can get it at midnight... though theres ALWAYS an argument INSISTING that something has 'JUST' released as I point to my watch. Good thing when I went for DS Lite, another customer was there and did that fighting.

you were very clear the first time, don't worry your english is fine. sometimes people just jump to conclusions and miss the key words in a sentence :) don't worry there are many non-key market areas getting screwed by price. still debating wether to pick one up here at launch in japan..

Umm.. :unsure:

Umm.. :unsure:

Wii also got screwed by Nintendo, you can already preorder for 288 mexican pesos wich is about 26 USD, but the console is going to cost around 4500 pesos, (409 USD) i can't remember the exact price but was around that number.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was watching IGN's video walkthrough of the Wii interface...

I noticed something.

hiddenwiimz7.jpg

The menu is laid over the 'message board'.

Do you think that could get sloppy?

Also, how do you think the message board will work on an inter-system scale (rather than just inside one household) via internet?

Well Today was the day and I had a great time at the Games Expo, I got to try out the Wii, and i must say its more fun than really looks.. you really get into it!.. but i lost in Tennis, oh well it was so fun, There were other showcases like Intel, 360 and PS2.. but what i went to see today was definitely the Wii!

The Front

0001098as1.th.jpg

One of my best friends playing the Nintendo Wii

0001091dv4.th.jpg

Zelda :o

0001092xl8.th.jpg

The Nintendo Wii in action

0001093tq7.th.jpg

Nintendo Wii Demo - Quality is not so good

0001096ip5.th.jpg

Nintendo Wii poster - Very blurry

0001103bp1.th.jpg

Sonic :D

0001102di2.th.jpg

Metal Knuckles.. I think.

0001101uy8.th.jpg

Yeah, like thats going to stop us

0001100lf5.th.jpg

Singstar.. on the Sony PS2 |-)

0001097gk2.th.jpg

Xbox 360 Automobile

0001099qg1.th.jpg

Will be Pre-Ordering my Wii Verrrrrrryyyyyyy soon :D

Now that people are getting the Wii, can anyone confirm that it can connect to a Wi-Fi WPA network?

Yes. I use WPA-TK and found it just fine.