5. Far Cry

6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

7. Metal Slug Anthology

8. Red Steel

9. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

10. Trauma Center: Second Opinion

11. Wii Sports

Fun Fun Fun :D

"September 14, 2006 - Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, confirmed to IGN Wii today that its forthcoming Wii console will not play Hollywood DVD movies. The decision to remove the functionality was made in order to deliver the machine at a cheaper cost and because most people today already own DVD players.

More as it develops."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732730p1.html

Oh. My. God. Why do you do this to me Nintendo?

"September 14, 2006 - Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, confirmed to IGN Wii today that its forthcoming Wii console will not play Hollywood DVD movies. The decision to remove the functionality was made in order to deliver the machine at a cheaper cost and because most people today already own DVD players.

More as it develops."

because 99% of the people already have a dvd player? why add to the cost with such a trivial feature?

because 99% of the people already have a dvd player? why add to the cost with such a trivial feature?

QFT. I'm buying one for the games...as it's a games console. I don't care if it doesn't play DVDs, if it plays games, that's fine enough for me :)

More as it develops."

yeah I was also shocked that the Wii will not play DVD movies.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any word on there being more "mature" games on the Wii? I had a GC but now have a PS2 because I was tried of only having a choice of different Pokemon games on the GC. Some of the PS2 games are wearing a bit thin now and I like the new interaction level on the Wii.

Is there any word on there being more "mature" games on the Wii? I had a GC but now have a PS2 because I was tried of only having a choice of different Pokemon games on the GC. Some of the PS2 games are wearing a bit thin now and I like the new interaction level on the Wii.

Call of Duty?

Red Steel?

ZELDA?

Madden...Hammer...Metroid...Batallion Wars.

Do those not count?

"Only having a choice of different pokemon games"... thats a bit slanted.

There are plenty of good games for GCN that arent 'kiddie'; that being said...there are plenty of great games that you might call 'kiddie'.

Too bad Mario isnt launching...looks like a lot of fun...I still havent beaten 'Sunshine' but this looks more 'linear'.

Metroid 1 had me give up I just got too lost :(

FYI, I just spoke with an EB Games employee that received an email from the company that seemed to imply that they would start taking Wii preorders in the next three days (most likely). The email was mostly about the PS3, so he wasn't completely sure.

Call of Duty?

Red Steel?

ZELDA?

Madden...Hammer...Metroid...Batallion Wars.

Do those not count?

"Only having a choice of different pokemon games"... thats a bit slanted.

There are plenty of good games for GCN that arent 'kiddie'; that being said...there are plenty of great games that you might call 'kiddie'.

Too bad Mario isnt launching...looks like a lot of fun...I still havent beaten 'Sunshine' but this looks more 'linear'.

Metroid 1 had me give up I just got too lost :(

Actually no, those dont count. If its on a nintendo console, its instantly for kids. Thats how it works on the internets!

Actually no, those dont count. If its on a nintendo console, its instantly for kids. Thats how it works on the internets!

DAMN YEW INTARWEBS!

Unfortunately true though :no:

Why does Nintendo get the bum wrap?

Their games are pretty 'general audience'...as if there's something wrong with trying to appeal to different audiences. I think they have the most creative but 'INTERESTING' franchises.

You want mature games then get a PC...because youll want the most power there anyway to render all that adult oriented blood and titties.