[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

are they gonna make goldenye and perfect dark available for the revolution

Probably not since MS owns Rare now. It'd be cool if Nintendo could pull it off somehow. It's hard to think of those two games without associating them with Nintendo.

Although they aren't competing on a handheld level, hence the team-up :p The ultimate killer would be releasing Goldeneye 007 for the DS, that would OWN :p

They can't EA has Bond now. It's not really the best shooter out there anymore either once the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia come off.

They can't EA has Bond now. It's not really the best shooter out there anymore either once the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia come off.

True...

A Revolution emulated port is still possible, though. It's not about 'being the best shooter', it was a generally fun game that was loved by all because it was James Bond. Halo is more of a 'Gamers Game'. Not everybody could pick up Halo instantly and start shooting people instantly. Goldeneye 007 had 'it', and that's something you can't take away.

I wouldn't hold my breath to see Rare games on the Revolution. MS does games for the DS because they have no handheld console and therefore the DS isn't competition for them. The Revolution is in direct competition with the XBOX 360. No way MS will release or re-release games for it. If anything Goldeneye could be re-released over XBOX LIVE, but it won't be turning up on the Revolution.

this poll seems to be very accurate.. the Revolution and the PS3 will be very good systems. but, of course the Revolution should be on top :shifty:

Whoa! 41% Nintendo to 42% Sony

We can do it! :D

Pandemic (Star Wars Battlefront, Destroy All Humans, Mercenaries, Full Spectrum Warrior) studio on Rev.

GS: Do you perceive difficulties with the Revolution, as far as making games multi-platform?

JR: Well the Revolution is a very different platform, and we’ve actually just seen some things behind closed doors that are just mind-blowing. Very very exciting. They’re doing something that’s very different and unique. I agree that it’s going to challenge the notion of just doing a port.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060329...ffield_01.shtml

That would be fantastic if Pandemic started developing for the Revolution. Battlefront and Mercenaries were two great games, sadly Battlefront I and II was rushed.

*wonders why no one is talking about the specs now that the article is up on IGN*

edit: ahhh....i see that someone gave it it's own thread....

• 4 weeks later...

i am so disappointed, Revolution was such a good name, and it had a real buzz around it; exciting, new - i wanted one...Wii is possibly the worst name i have ever heard...i don't think i want one anymore...

i am so disappointed, Revolution was such a good name, and it had a real buzz around it; exciting, new - i wanted one...Wii is possibly the worst name i have ever heard...i don't think i want one anymore...

:blink:

not wanting a console that you used to want just because of the name has to be the dumbest thing i've ever heard....EVER!

:laugh: :wacko: