442 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get a BSOD on XP

• Every week
    • Every month
    • Every 3 months
    • Every 6 months or so
    • More than a year
    • Never got it

hmmm i have to say... in the last year or so of using XP, i've not had one single crash that was actually software related. Also havin said that, the only crash i ever got was caused by some faulty RAM. caused windows to hang on booting...but once got that sorted out, everything became peaches and cream :).

Must say, i am pleased with ms for making OP Sys that dont crash on what i do frequently with my computer :).

Can't remember the last time I got a BSOD on WIndows XP... I think the last time was with the horrid GeForce2 I had a long time ago. Overall I have found Windows XP to be damn good.

i think i got BSOD a few time, but long time ago.

however xp did crash on me due to some programs - and i never got bsod or task manager - it would just hang.

last time it happen due to updated winamp not wanting to play a large mp3 file.

well i switched to foobar and never had a crash since.

anyhow i think every 3 month would be a fair answer

Rarely! Despite what they say, Windows XP is a very stable piece of software!

Excluding the blue screens I got while overclocking / testing the stability of my system, Windows XP didn't crash for more than a year...

Windows 95: Never

Windows 98: Never

Windows 2000: Once due to Norton PartitionMagic failing to partition the drive correctly. Aside from that, never.

Windows XP: Same as 2000.

Windows 95: Never

Windows 98: Never

Windows 2000: Once due to Norton PartitionMagic failing to partition the drive correctly. Aside from that, never.

Windows XP: Same as 2000.

586022637[/snapback]

wow, impressive. i take it you either dont do anything on your pc or you are very lucky.

xp - i understand, not a big crasher. but my 95 and 98 used to crash a few times a week, due to the most unlikely issues. bugged the hell out of me. luckily xp was much more stable. however i still dont get how it chashes so bad once in a while. guess they did not manage to separate the processes enough for a single program winamp 5.902 to freeze my pc solid.

Once on my old P3 desktop back in 2001...when a friend unplugged a USB cable modem without using the Safely Remove Hardware option.

Never had one since then - not on the desktop, not on the laptop. :)

Never for me. I do plenty of risky stuff but I do plenty of scans and so forth and I have yet had a single crash. Although I had some problems with my internet and reformated my computer thinking it was me yet it was an ISP problem T_T.

I haven't had one in a very long time.

The only time I did get one was because I did something dim-witted.

Of course, by saying this, I'll try and print something tomorrow and lo and behold....

Surprisingly never, I use it all day at work and its rock solid. Yes a mac user just called XP rock solid :)

wow, impressive. i take it you either dont do anything on your pc or you are very lucky.

xp - i understand, not a big crasher. but my 95 and 98 used to crash a few times a week, due to the most unlikely issues. bugged the hell out of me. luckily xp was much more stable. however i still dont get how it chashes so bad once in a while. guess they did not manage to separate the processes enough for a single program winamp 5.902 to freeze my pc solid.

586022911[/snapback]

I was very lucky :p . 95 and 98 did FREEZE on me a lot, but never did they BSOD.

BSOD?! Ha never had one! :D

Until two months ago :ninja: but it was because I had bent my CPU pins :p if I underclock the CPU it runs fine