• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

{Breaking News}Michael Jackson verdict

Is he Guilty  

404 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sean B.    175
Please tell me you're not the moron from Knoxville that threatened the court tv reporter.

Forgive him guys, all Tennesseeans aren't blind to the truth.

Back to the topic:  He was guilty for the first kid he molested and bought off in 1993 (thesmokinggun.com), and I'm pretty certain he was this time as well.  Shame the jury didn't see it that way.

586060390[/snapback]

No, I am from Southern Middle Tennessee, and I dunno wtf your on about. I'm not blind to the truth, because the truth was revealed in the verdict genious.

mAcOdIn    1
prove that it DIDN'T get him free?

586060406[/snapback]

Innocent until proven guilty, this isn't Indonesia. Here we have to prove guilt, not innocense.

scaramonga    202

Lock up your kids!

He's free to do it all again............once an 'abuser'.........alwayz one!!

42n81    0
Why the hell you accept a settlement if some1 molested your kid???

If he indeed molested that kid back in 1993 he would be in JAIL but they took a settlement...what does that tell you?

586060401[/snapback]

Why pay millions to settle when your innocent ?

Sean B.    175
Innocent until proven guilty, this isn't Indonesia.  Here we have to prove guilt, not innocense.

586060413[/snapback]

:rofl:

:yes:

i3iz    0

Only in america can we have someone do a crime and be not guilty.

Whether or not he did it is Absolute. It is not arguable, and if he did do it, which i believe he did, then he will eventually be brought to a court that he cannot buy. If he didn't, then what was he doing with all of the "Jesus Juice"

How could OJ be found Not Guilty of murder and then be found guilty of "wrongful death?"

For all of the people who are saying Not Guilty = Didnt do it. Your logic is flawed. Not Guilty = No proof in either direction, so we must default to innocent or it means reasonable proof to be found innocent. There was no burden of proof on MJ to show his innocence. If that was the case i am sure there would be a different look and feel to the court room. But we are an "innocent until proven guilty" judicial system.

Interesting that OJ and MJ get of, but Peterson and Stewart get busted up. To stir another pot. Is this reverse-racism?

Sean B.    175
Why pay  millions to settle when your innocent ?

586060418[/snapback]

Because he wanted to save his reputation and not have to go to court? Again my question, why would anyone in there right mind go to the press and tell them there son had been molested before going to the police and telling them?

i3iz    0
No, I am from Southern Middle Tennessee, and I dunno wtf your on about. I'm not blind to the truth, because the truth was revealed in the verdict genious.

586060407[/snapback]

Truth is not relative to a jury, it is absolute, and only MJ and the people int he room at the time of the action know the truth. Even they only know their perspective of the truth.

enriq760    0
Why pay  millions to settle when your innocent ?

586060418[/snapback]

Maybe cuz at that point and time of he's career a child molestation case wouldn't have been the best for his image...And still! would you settle for money? if some1 molested your kid!? :rolleyes:

Kr0z    0

Excellent news. I knew he wasn't guilty.

All the best Michael - you are a legend. Hope you recover after this soon.

John S.    359
Because he wanted to save his reputation and not have to go to court? Again my question, why would anyone in there right mind go to the press and tell them there son had been molested before going to the police and telling them?

586060428[/snapback]

The kids sworn affidavit in '93 says it all, but of course you ignore that. Everyone else is lying, only the pale waif is telling the truth. :x

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.html

Joshie    1,100

Yanno what I find disgusting?

All these people who swear to God he's guilty, despite never actually sitting in on the trial like the jury did, are the same people responding to political polls, filling out petitions, and sending money to special interests group, all ultimately shaping the future of our government.

Knee-jerk opinion-oriented jackasses like the very ones on this forum are used as statistics to support knee-jerk opinion-oriented asinine legislation. Wanna hate something about your legal system? Hate yourself.

Ugh.

42n81    0

As good as the jury system is, it has been wrong before on more than one occasion, (as have all other judicial systems), and it relies on the same vital fragility as democracy, that is, an informed, educated and intelligent electorate.

Thanks for the link,

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.htmlhttp://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.html

If you read it to the end it's really sick and sad. It reveals why it's better for the family to accept an out-of-court settlement than to endure a trial because the best interest of the child is served by having the money to provide for his rehabilitation rather than cause further harm and degradation through the rigors of the adversarial court process.

As for the power of celebrity blinding ordinary folk, (including jurors), to the possibility of flaws in saints, take the case of the high level of casualties in the North Korean Train explosion on Thursday April 22, 2004 for example. Apparently most of the casualties were caused by people entering their burning homes to rescue, not their children, but their portrait of Kim Il Sung, their beloved despot ! Adolf Hitler was revered by his people, as was Joe Stalin, and what about Haile Selassie? Rastafarians believe him to be God incarnate, but the truth of his atrocities is blithely ignored.

Fans and loyal subjects identify with an idealised abstract of their beloved and refuse to believe anything which might tarnish their shiny picture.

Our stupid cult of celebrity is at fault, both for creating the monster, and for blinding us to behaviour which would be so obviously sick if it were being displayed by the ordinary man next door.

scaramonga    202
Our stupid cult of celebrity is at fault, both for creating the monster, and for blinding us to behaviour which would be so obviously sick if it were being displayed by the ordinary man next door.

Good statement!...........and exactly spot on! :yes: :yes:

caerma    6

what a shame...

Slimy    14
omfg !  :D

all you haters are totally pwned !

Michael Jackson is not guilty, justice has availed !

586059757[/snapback]

couldn't have said it better meself :D :D :D :D :D

+warwagon    13,951

oh they just didn't want to be hated by all the jackson lovers of the world.... it was all rigged if by nothing more than preasure.

Andrew Lyle    341

my family said that, they hoped michael would of got nailed for this (not the prision way), so he would never do this kinda stuff again (guilty)

i was the only one in my family defending his honor.. i still say hes innocent.

mattmatik    76

586060807[/snapback]

(Y)

Nobody has mentioned all of the pathetic people who celebrated outside of the courtroom as if the world was saved from implosion. And for what? Because they feel sorry for him? Well, I wonder how many of those same, self-loathing idiots have given money to charities or volunteered at a homeless shelter.

And to the person who mentioned that Martha Stewart was a celebrity found guilty: there is no way that you or I could ever do what she did and expect to get only 5 months of jail time in a low-level security facility. Not to mention the fact that you would NEVER get employment again and everything you owned while you were in prison would be taken from you. Your house, your car, your bank accounts, everything.

Now, go and sleep with little boys, announce it to the people in your neighborhood, and see how many people cheer you and defend you when someone accuses you of committing a hanus act.

Money does equal innocence, even if it is not as blatant as you might think.

Draconian Guppy    13,038
my family said that, they hoped michael would of got nailed for this (not the prision way), so he would never do this kinda stuff again (guilty)

586060917[/snapback]

Lol been there, my mom call me gay because I defend him, but I say, hey look at the evidence: A fraudulent family vrs. King of Pop ;)

His music is the best, I hope he starts making good stuff again because his last album was :x , and hope he starts dancing on cars again :D :p

• Like 1

nou    2

michale jackson is guilty!.. i hate the guy, buys his way throught the courtcase, cant accept the fact that hes a Racist and a child molestor.. GUILTY!

Sean B.    175
The kids sworn affidavit in '93 says it all, but of course you ignore that.  Everyone else is lying, only the pale waif is telling the truth.  :x

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.html

586060526[/snapback]

Who says they cannot lie about that? Even though, I was realy young what that case happened but, after talking to my mom about it she says that the reason MJ did settle is because he wanted to protect his reputation at the time. As I've heard on news sites around the US MJ said when he would not even think about settling this time around.

586060917[/snapback]

Sadly, out of the 6 people living in my house me and my mom was the only ones who supported him..

After watching a hour of CNN news on TV, I've also come to find that this family had been in debt for a long time, and that they have lied UNDER OATH before in a wellfair case to get wellfair. Not only that, the family has also lied under oath during the trial of this case. That is why, IMHO the proscecution lost the case in day one. The family's side of the story, and the kids/mothers sides were conflicting, and when she took the stand and basically admitted she had lied under oath, that is when the prosecution had lost the case. As stated on CNN By some senior legal advisor the kid has been brought up in his life to be a lier, just like his mother.

The kid/mother both were called concentual liers on national television :rofl:.

Sean B.    175
Nobody has mentioned all of the pathetic people who celebrated outside of the courtroom as if the world was saved from implosion. And for what? Because they feel sorry for him? Well, I wonder how many of those same, self-loathing idiots have given money to charities or volunteered at a homeless shelter.

586060967[/snapback]

Actually, I would guarantee that they were out there because they are firm supporters like me, who wanted to see him be found innocent and they did. Said that, I do tend to believe that the lady releasing a dove after each count being innocent was a bit much :yes:.

Put it in this perspective, you were Neobond, and he had been accused of illegaly spreading Microsoft's products on this site and been taking the money for them. You thought/knew he was innocent and you went outside the courthouse out to support him, would that make you pathetic? Nope, I don't believe it would.

Lol been there, my mom call me gay because I defend him, but I say, hey look at the evidence: A fraudulent family vrs. King of Pop  ;)

His music is the best, I hope he starts making good stuff again because his last album was  :x  , and hope he starts dancing on cars again :D :p

586060971[/snapback]

A Concentual Lieing Family VS. Teh King of Pop :rofl:

insurektion    0

Who the f*** are all of you who say he's guilty or deserves jail time regardless. He went through the Courts like any other person being tried.

The only thing Michael is guilty of is being freakish.

Korneliouz    0
Who the f*** are all of you who say he's guilty or deserves jail time regardless. He went through the Courts like any other person being tried.

The only thing Michael is guilty of is being freakish.

586061053[/snapback]

LOL

Oh well, he is just another freaky artist, I really don't care.