[NHL] Official Buyout & Signings Thread

the penguins are going to be insane. haha

586382188[/snapback]

my brother lives in vegas. he sez he's putting money on the pens to take it all. i'm going out there next month. i think i'm gonna do the same... ;)

MTL fans tend to blow things way out of proportion.

586383790[/snapback]

I don't blame you. I'm one of those guys. If a player screws up in one game, i'll have a voodoo doll of that player made with pins in his brains. I'll wish for the player to get traded or executed. I guess it comes with the territory. We demand perfection. Richard, Lafleur, Roy.... we have a dynasty, maybe one of the best in all of sports history. So don't get mad at us if we get a little picky. I think we deserve it, especially after Ronald "McDonald" Corey single handedly ruined the franchise for a decade.

althought many rumored players don't end up going to MTL, look at the leafs, i think they've more then blew things out of purportion, every big name that comes up is rumored to go to the leafs

586385125[/snapback]

Ya, well most of the rumors call for French Canadian players comming to play for Mtl. I dont think we're as optemistic as Leafs fans though. At least its not like a Leafs rumor which sounds something like... "so and so wants to play for toronto because he loves the city and the fans and the team cause Toronto is the best and there is no greater honor than playing in TO!!!" LOL give me a break. There has been no honour for almost 40yrs. PS not trying to flame or anything, just adding some comic releif cause we all know its true

wats with mtl fans hateing on leafs every year i mean it gets annoying after a while

586385637[/snapback]

A friendly rivalry never hurt anyone. There are tonnes of them. Mtl vs. TO, TO vs Ott, Cal vs Edm vs Van, Det vs Col, Pit vs Phi etc... it makes the game more intense

*edit* and all those Lecavalier rumors comming to Mtl should be forgotten

Leacavalier re-signs with Tampa, 4yrs $27m

NYI sign Brent Sopel

Ok bout the whole leaf fans hate habs and .......

to me its all non sence i luv every canadian hockey team with passion

but i just prefer the leafs cause they are my home team, but no matter what every year i just hope that any canadian team bring's home the cup :) so far i have been disapointed the flames came close

also Vancouver :D

i am just pulling for canada more like it

n oh yeah everyone is entitled to thier own oppion

ok well everyone knew Mogilny was gona leave but now it is confirmed

Alexander Mogilny has agreed to a two-year, $7-million deal with the New Jersey Devils.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...803_120514_5028

586388229[/snapback]

That it WAY too much money for a guy with a degenerative hip. I thought he would get less than half that.

Yes, the young guys in the system are very good for the flyers, and I can't wait for the Flyers/Pittsburgh games, I'll be at the first one. Toronto will have a tough time this year, but next year will be very good as you said because many contracts expire. Boston and Pittsburgh are in excellent shape right now, and Washington, is ... well ... Washington, always rebuilding :)

586366798[/snapback]

Well, they wern't always...=)

That it WAY too much money for a guy with a degenerative hip.  I thought he would get less than half that.

586389810[/snapback]

You read my mind. I thought he'd sign for $1 to $1.5 million with someone. Devils overpaid.

"so and so wants to play for toronto because he loves the city and the fans and the team cause Toronto is the best and there is no greater honor than playing in TO!!!" LOL give me a break.

586387424[/snapback]

lmao! best answer ever

Also anyone else think Lecavalier making $6.5m for the next 4yrs is ridiculous?

hmmm... that's 1.625mil per year. sounds like a steal to me. he's just gonna get better...

hmmm... that's 1.625mil per year. sounds like a steal to me. he's just gonna get better...

586391482[/snapback]

That would be a steal if that were the deal. Alas, it was not.

586391482[/snapback]

27.5m for 4yrs, breaks down to 6.875m a year. I think Lecavalier is a great player, very exciting to watch but he's not a 50 goal scorer. He will definately get better, but he's worth about 3.5m max if u ask me. Not until he can prove himself, which i have no doubt he will. but its still to early

Ok cujo signs wif coyots

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...816_214518_4044

n hes gona make less then a million :o i think thats kinda bad for him before everyone wanted this guy now no one cares

Canucks get Carter?

to bad i really wanted him to play in toronto would of been great but oh well n e canadian team is better den a non canadian team

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...817_004251_5480

u noe wat i just relized, i cant wait till trade dead line day to c all the gms scampiring tring to fix tere mistakes :p lol its gona be real crazy

i wana c how tat turns out

u noe wat i just relized, i cant wait till trade dead line day to c all the gms scampiring tring to fix tere mistakes :p lol its gona be real crazy

i wana c how tat turns out

586394035[/snapback]

The English language cannot be saved. :cry:

Ok cujo signs wif coyots

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...816_214518_4044

n hes gona make less then a million :o i think thats kinda bad for him before everyone wanted this guy now no one cares

Canucks get Carter?

to bad i really wanted him to play in toronto would of been great but oh well n e canadian team is better den a non canadian team

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...817_004251_5480

586391932[/snapback]

I'm SO EXCITED we got Carter, that's just awesome :D

From hockey trade rumors:

Apparently the deal will involve the Canucks shipping Jovo, Cloutier, and Kesler for Florida's Luongo, Bouwmeester, and possibly Van Ryn as well. I really hope this rumour is true cuz Luongo is exactly what we need in Vancouver. Plus paying 4 million for Jovo who's been hurt the last two seasons hasn't really sat too well for me (despite his skills and talent). I think Bouwmeester and Van Ryn are gonna play solid D for Vancouver...but who needs D if you have Luongo as your no. 1 goalie.

i think its a bit ridiculous but not entirely impossible

Florida would seriously be retarded if they really wanna give up Luongo and Boumeester. Seriously, these 2 are going to be top tier players in a couple of years. Much better than Cloutier, Jovo and anyone else they might trade for. Of course, i also think Mike Keanan is an idiot.