[NHL] Official Buyout & Signings Thread

lol, fuhr is black???  doens't look very black to me.  i just asked my black friends, and they said he's not either :p

honestly i had no idea.  thats cool though, he was a hell of a goalie.

586363443[/snapback]

Grant Fuhr has very light coloured skin but he is black.

http://www.blackathletesportsnetwork.net/C...four061703.html

and why is toronta signing all these old guys? lindros is done if you ask me...

586363443[/snapback]

If they are past their prime, prone to injury and a former local boy then we want them. We re-signed Doug Gilmour and he played, what, one game for us before going down for good?

I actually don't have a problem signing Eric Lindros at $1.55 million for a one year deal.

Same thing with Allison ($1.5 million for a one year deal) and Carter, if they get him for a one year deal for about the same money.

Yes, they are all long shots but you only need one to stay healthy to get okay value.

And if they don't work out then, well, it's only a one year deal anyway.

I actually don't have a problem signing Eric Lindros at $1.55 million for a one year deal.

Same thing with Allison ($1.5 million for a one year deal) and Carter, if they get him for a one year deal for about the same money.

Yes, they are all long shots but you only need one to stay healthy to get okay value.

586366363[/snapback]

thats true, but i dont think lindros will play the whole season, allison might, and they dont have carter yet

if you look at it its lindros + allison= like 25 games between each other

and if u add eddie its like 50 games...they should try and get some younger talent there

586366363[/snapback]

I think toronto's time (though i hate to mention it or even think about it) is the next season after all these 1 year and long term contracts expire besides the select few of Sundin. They're going to have virtually no salary, somewhere between 10-15m. Which gives them a good 20m to play around with signing UFA's.

I think toronto's time (though i hate to mention it or even think about it) is the next season after all these 1 year and long term contracts expire besides the select few of Sundin. They're going to have virtually no salary, somewhere between 10-15m. Which gives them a good 20m to play around with signing UFA's.

586366408[/snapback]

agreed. this is definitly not their season, unless its a cinderella story or they can make some huge moves during the season...but next season when the 1 yr contracts are out, they can look at other free agents, and younger players, beacuse all the older players they have arn't doing much for the team

Yes, the young guys in the system are very good for the flyers, and I can't wait for the Flyers/Pittsburgh games, I'll be at the first one. Toronto will have a tough time this year, but next year will be very good as you said because many contracts expire. Boston and Pittsburgh are in excellent shape right now, and Washington, is ... well ... Washington, always rebuilding :)

"In other news, Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo will head to arbitration."

what does that meen

also other signings:

Val Bure headed to L.A.

flames sings kipprosoff

devils sign langenbrunner, gionta, and brown

Edited by berdusco

Kiprusoff signs 3year deal with Calgary for $10m

586366196[/snapback]

Nice signing by the Flames.

Re signed Rett Warrener as well.

the best part of the whole leaf sistuation is that they have 18 players signed and have used 36 million dollars so far. The average roster has about 25-26 players, so you are telling me they are going to sign 7- more players with 3 mil, HA, effin leafs

they will come out i think the leafs still have a shot this year if lindros stays healty and everyone gets along

but with all the new rules its gona be intresting, cause like wen shoot out time comes who u gona send?:s

the best part of the whole leaf sistuation is that they have 18 players signed and have used 36 million dollars so far. The average roster has about 25-26 players, so you are telling me they are going to sign 7- more players with 3 mil, HA, effin leafs

586367105[/snapback]

The Leafs have about 48 guys signed. Half of which will play on the Baby Leafs (now the Toronto Marlies).

The Leafs have signed or committed to about $36.5 million in salary. They are likely done (or close to being done) because they don't want Allison's bonuses to carry over to next season (if he earns them at all). Perhaps we will see Anson Carter but that would be about it.

Jan Bulis re-signs with Montreal. 1 year deal worth $874,000.

SOURCE

586367562[/snapback]

TSN.ca reports that Bulis will be making $1.062M. Hmmm, one of the sites is obviously wrong, most likely RDS. Just wanted to correct that before I get flamed for being wrong. :p

SOURCE

Taking into account recent signings and comments from Coach Quinn, this could be the Leafs' lineup on opening night:

Forwards:

Tucker-Sundin-O'Neill

Stajan-Allison-Antropov (three natural centres)

Ponikarovsky-Lindros-Domi

Wilm-Kilger-Belak

Defence:

McCabe-Klee

Kaberle-Khavanov

Berg-Colaiacovo

Goal:

Belfour

Tellqvist

Quinn wants three scoring lines and a left-over line that will only get about 5 minutes a night. The top three lines will have nearly equal playing time. He does not believe in a dedicated checking line to neutralize the opponents big guns on their top line.

I assume Wellwood will be assigned to the Baby Leafs (Toronto Marlies) since it would be wasteful to have a 22 year old play only a few minutes per night on the fourth line.

The paper version of the Star has a totally different layout. I used the online Depth Chart to create mine (and personally, I like it better).

Hamrlik signs with the Flames. I seriously think the flames have a great chance at winning the cup this year. Forget Philly or Pittsburg. Calgary basically has a wall for defence backed up by a great goaltender and the firepower of the US army up front.

offtopic: my cousin signed with the detroit redwings farm team

ontopic: kozlov signs with devils, gratton a panther, islanders sign york and hunter

586378093[/snapback]

That's ontopic in my books. Conrats to your cousin man!

ontopic: kozlov signs with devils, gratton a panther, islanders sign york and hunter

586378093[/snapback]

awesome man, maybe one day i could go see him play. You will need to give me some information about him so i can spot him. Tell him from all of us Congrats