[NHL] Official Buyout & Signings Thread

the capitols don't even really have a team i think i read on HTR they have 8 players signed...definitly not enough for a team

586346501[/snapback]

After they dumped all of their veterans I think they're starting a rebuilding phase. I wouldn't be surprised if they follow along in the footsteps of Ottawa and start stockpiling talent from their farm team and other young guys...

I think this season is going to be Pittsburgs season. man what a team they got (or bought)

586357044[/snapback]

It is looking promising! (Pens are my favorite team.) I'm still trying to figure out how they got the money to afford all of that. I know Mario made them profitable again, but Pittsburgh doesn't exactly bring in a ton of revenue.

I have some reservations though:

Sidney Crosby - Hearled as the second coming. I'll believe it when I see it though, and he has to keep it up. Halpurn made an excellent start in Washington only to peter out later in the season.

Mario Lemieux - I know he's playing again, (again!) and I'd still love to see him, but it remains to be seen how long he lasts in the season.

I think aquiring Sergei Gonchar was a good move (not the least of which he was my favorite Capitals player.) as he'll put some punch on the blue line. I believe he lead the league in scoring for defenceman last season (or at least for a while. He was passed by someone from Detroit now that I think about it. Stayed towards the top though.)

I see Mark Recci is on the team now. Interesting.

Hopefully the rest of the team has some half-decent talent or at least the teamwork to backup their newly aquired stars. Too often teams drop a ton of cash to buy all-stars only to see them fall apart on the ice. ::cough, cough New York Rangers, cough::

I see that the Pens signed Thibault and Palffy. Maybe you can buy a good team?  :blink:

586357119[/snapback]

Ever since they drafted Crosby, people want to play there.

well my only concern with Lemieux is his health, otherwise even at 75% his stats are amazing. In 03-04 he played 10games and managed 9pts. In 02-03 he played 62 games and managed 91pts and the year prior, in 43 games he put out 76pts! Thats not bad considering he wasnt playing for 3-4yrs prior to that. I think if he can manage a good 40games, the Pens will be in great shape, and if he doesnt, there is a lot of solid offensive power to rely on besides him. Recchi, Palffy, Crosby and Gonchar has never shyed away from putting the puck in the net either.

Ever since they drafted Crosby, people want to play there.

586357145[/snapback]

not to mention that season ticket sales have shot up like crazy. Hopefully this bodes well. I see teams like Chicago, Pheonix, LA, Anaheim, Columbus, Florida, Tampa all make great strides in developing their team which i think, these markets will further develop hockey as a primary sport once again

Edited by bayrider

I think this season is going to be Pittsburgs season. man what a team they got (or bought)

586357044[/snapback]

It will be a massive improvement, but I don't see them as a Cup contender. No defense and the T-bolt addition wasn't exactly a good one, if you ask me.

ok i was just watching the news and they are saying that the leafs are looking at singing Anson Carter :o omfg & and to make it sweeter they are trying to fit in Lindros

man if this happens i am gona go nuts n i so doubted furgeosion

ok i was just watching the news and they are saying that the leafs are looking at singing Anson Carter :o omfg & and to make it sweeter they are trying to fit in Lindros

man if this happens i am gona go nuts n i so doubted furgeosion

586358152[/snapback]

I'd like to see Anson Carter here.

a) He's a power forward.

b) He is from Toronto.

c) He has the cool dreads.

Anyone know why he dropped to 28 points in 2003-2004 after having two 60 point seasons in a row? Did he have a nagging injury?

Has Toronto ever had a black hockey player?

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmhockey1.html

Nevermind, I can answer my own question.. Grant Fuhr.

a) He's a power forward.

b) He is from Toronto.

Anyone know why he dropped to 28 points in 2003-2004 after having two 60 point seasons in a row?  Did he have a nagging injury?

Nevermind, I can answer my own question..  Grant Fuhr.

586358187[/snapback]

its cause he played on the kings lmao and u noe its true :p

a) He's a power forward.

b) He is from Toronto.

Anyone know why he dropped to 28 points in 2003-2004 after having two 60 point seasons in a row?  Did he have a nagging injury?

Nevermind, I can answer my own question..  Grant Fuhr.

586358187[/snapback]

He's not exactly an amazing scorer or anything... he's more relied on for his power. He had 2 or 3 good seasons... it could really go any way with him -- lots of points, few points, whatever.

Boston Bruins - Re-signed forwards Sergei Samsonov and P.J. Axelsson to one-year qualifying offers.

Columbus Blue Jackets - Signed centre Jan Hrdina, who had been with the New Jersey Devils, to a one-year contract.

Minnesota Wild - Re-sign defenceman Andrei Zyuzin.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed forwards Martin Havlat (one-year deal) and Mike Fisher (three-year deal).

Philadelphia Flyers - Re-sign goaltender Robert Esche to two-year contract and announce that defenceman Dennis Seidenberg has accepted qualifying offer

.San Jose Sharks - Re-signed centre Wayne Primeau and sign defenceman Tom Preissing.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Re-signed forward Wade Belak and defenceman Aki Berg.

Vancouver Canucks - Re-signed left wing Daniel Sedin and center Henrik Sedin to one-year contracts.

Washington Capitals - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Mathieu Biron and Ivan Majesky.

apparently he (Carter) is doing his physical with the leafs and will most likely sign by Friday.

586359509[/snapback]

I heard Lindros was likewise doing his physical with Toronto. He is interested in a one year deal of at least $1.5 million.

well i guess that was true, Lindros is now a leaf, but there are a tonne of incentives on his contract

Boston Bruins - Re-signed restricted free-agent Joe Thornton to three-year contract.

Dallas Stars - Re-signed forwards Niko Kapanen and Steve Ott to one-year qualifying offers.

Montreal Canadiens - Re-signed restricted free agents forward Mike Ribeiro (one-year), defenceman Mike Komisarek (one-year)and goaltender Jaroslav Halak (three-years) to contracts.

New York Islanders - Signed unrestricted free-agent defenceman Brad Lukowich to a two-year deal.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed restricted free-agent goaltender Ray Emery to a one-year contract.

Phoenix Coyotes - Re-sign defenseman Derek Morris to one-year qualifying offer.

San Jose Sharks - Re-signed defenseman Kyle McLaren to a three-year contract extension. Re-signed restricted free agent right winger Niko Dimitrakos to a two-year contract.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Signed unrestricted free agent Eric Lindros to a one-year contract

does anybody have a link where you can see the status of players, liek whether their restricted agents or unristrected agents or signed players or what

does anybody have a link where you can see the status of players, liek whether their restricted agents or unristrected agents or signed players or what

586362741[/snapback]

thestar.com and cbc sports get their stats from forecaster.ca

I like their stuff (depth charts, who's hot, who's not, etc..)

http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com/thest...i?offseason2005

its cause he played on the kings lmao and u noe its true :p

586358206[/snapback]

lol, fuhr is black??? doens't look very black to me. i just asked my black friends, and they said he's not either :p

honestly i had no idea. thats cool though, he was a hell of a goalie.

and why is toronta signing all these old guys? lindros is done if you ask me...

Any rumors you guys are seeing/hearing on my Flyers? We look good, but I'm afraid if someone gets injured we may not have enough cap room to get anyone ...

Any rumors you guys are seeing/hearing on my Flyers? We look good, but I'm afraid if someone gets injured we may not have enough cap room to get anyone ...

586363454[/snapback]

the flyers good :s r u sure cause it seems like they rn't bringing back ppl

i duno bout the flyers

if was to put money on a team right now it would probally be boston

586363454[/snapback]

LOL i think the Flyers are fine. They just re-signed Esche who played great. They got a couple of young guns in the minors who im pretty sure would step up if someone got injured, but you guys r really gonna fly this year. It may be your year. That Philly/Pittsburgh rivalry is gonna be heated this season.