[NHL] Official Buyout & Signings Thread

geez i dont want koivu to leave the habs

i saw somewhere (might've been here actually) that the habs were interestested in signing lecavlier

Apparently Koivu isnt what he is made out to be. I hear he's always in arguments with Julien, refusing to follow some of his playmaking decisions, not the greatest of leaders etc... I could care less, Koivu is a good player, but he's no where near as good as Lecavalier. And these are all rumors anyways, so it should be taken with a grain of salt

Gonchar: 5yrs $25m with the pens (overpaid IMO)

Iginla: 3yrs $21m remaining in Calgary

586319364[/snapback]

:huh:

Both of those are overpaid, if you ask me. I love Iginla, but I don't think anyone deserves the $7mil/year. That's just me, though... I guess if I were going to pick a few players around the league to give that kind of money to he'd be one of them, though.

well he's playing in Montreal where he;s always wanted to (not to sound too much like a leafs fan lol) but he's a welcomed addition and he sure will have a lot of support here

here are a tonne of rumors i just came across

LEETCH signs with Boston

Modano rejects offer from Dallas (may be headed to Boston..or minnesota)

Satan to Montreal

Forsberg to Vancouver..trade Sopel to NYI to clear cap space

Pallfy could soon be an Islander again

Berard to Columbus (DONE and Confirmed)

Cujo to Pittsburgh

Burke to Pitt

please take these with a grain or mountain of salt

Islanders sign Satan, deal Peca

BY ALAN HAHN

STAFF WRITER

August 3, 2005, 5:58 PM EDT

The Islanders on Wednesday signed free agent sniper Miroslav Satan, finally adding the high-scoring veteran winger the team has been missing to play next to center Alexei Yashin.

The Islanders followed the signing by trading captain Michael Peca to the Edmonton Oilers for forward Mike York and a conditional draft pick. The trade saves the Islanders $2,166,000 in cap money.

Satan, 30, spent the past eight seasons with the Buffalo Sabres, where he was a consistent 25-to-30 goal scorer. His best season came in 1998-99, when he had 40 goals and 66 points. The Sabres reached the Stanley Cup Finals that season. In 704 NHL games, Satan has 259 goals and 519 points. Since 1997-98, he has never played fewer than 79 games per season.

The Sabres decided not to make a $3.8 million qualifying offer to Satan last week, so he became an unrestricted free agent. The Islanders tried to acquire Satan before the March 2004 trade deadline, but could no complete a deal.

Satan joins former Sabres teammate Alexei Zhitnik, who signed with the Islanders on Tuesday. The Islanders added another defenseman, Brent Sopel, in a trade with the Vancouver Canucks earlier on Wednesday.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...ports-headlines

I <3 Peca... :cry:

Edited by Steven

Forsberg signs with the Flyers

TSN

586321662[/snapback]

Put them over the cap limit.. So someone else is about to Leave the Flyers.... TSN says Maybe Roenick.

Islanders sign Satan, deal Peca

BY ALAN HAHN

STAFF WRITER

August 3, 2005, 5:58 PM EDT

The Islanders on Wednesday signed free agent sniper Miroslav Satan, finally adding the high-scoring veteran winger the team has been missing to play next to center Alexei Yashin.

The Islanders followed the signing by trading captain Michael Peca to the Edmonton Oilers for forward Mike York and a conditional draft pick. The trade saves the Islanders $2,166,000 in cap money.

Satan, 30, spent the past eight seasons with the Buffalo Sabres, where he was a consistent 25-to-30 goal scorer. His best season came in 1998-99, when he had 40 goals and 66 points. The Sabres reached the Stanley Cup Finals that season. In 704 NHL games, Satan has 259 goals and 519 points. Since 1997-98, he has never played fewer than 79 games per season.

The Sabres decided not to make a $3.8 million qualifying offer to Satan last week, so he became an unrestricted free agent. The Islanders tried to acquire Satan before the March 2004 trade deadline, but could no complete a deal.

Satan joins former Sabres teammate Alexei Zhitnik, who signed with the Islanders on Tuesday. The Islanders added another defenseman, Brent Sopel, in a trade with the Vancouver Canucks earlier on Wednesday.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...ports-headlines

I <3 Peca... :cry:

586321384[/snapback]

You get Satan and York and you're crying about losing Peca? Pshaw! York and Satan make up for that easily!

I'm surprised the Thrashers have only taken Holik, they are well under the Salary cap with plenty of room to acquire a few great players. I'm pulling for Modano. I'd like to pick up Andrew Cassells, Ray Whitney and Pierre Turgeon too :)

yeah im suprised that philly got forsberg

they're building a dream team

or setting up for a heartbreak

586322441[/snapback]

heh, i'm thinking the same, but keeping my fingers crossed.

man, this is gonna be one crazy season. no team will be even close to how it was in 03-04.

heh, i'm thinking the same, but keeping my fingers crossed.

man, this is gonna be one crazy season.  no team will be even close to how it was in 03-04.

586322528[/snapback]

BroChaos: why dont u start engraving the names on the cup now to save u the hassle...