What are you playing?

Just finished RiME.

Not 100% sure what it was all about, but it was enjoyable enough, in a relaxing sort of way :)

21 hours ago, Jazmac said:

Wait, this thread was started in 2005??

OP last seen on October 30, 2007.

Shame, I'm sure they would be proud :D

BF1 still a solid on XB1.

On PC I'm being a boring stoner and jumping between Prison Architect and SimAirport.

On 25/06/2017 at 0:09 AM, Jazmac said:

Wait, this thread was started in 2005??

It was the oldest topic of its kind started in 2005, but we have had lots of similar topics over the years which have been merged into this one.

I'm still playing PUBG and started Total War: Warhammer in anticipation of the sequel later this year. On console side, I picked up Wipeout Omega Collection and wish Psygnosis / Studio Liverpool was still a thing :( There are a few imitators around at the moment trying to copy Wipeout, but none of them come close to the real deal.

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It was the oldest topic of its kind started in 2005, but we have had lots of similar topics over the years which have been merged into this one.

I'm still playing PUBG and started Total War: Warhammer in anticipation of the sequel later this year. On console side, I picked up Wipeout Omega Collection and wish Psygnosis / Studio Liverpool was still a thing :( There are a few imitators around at the moment trying to copy Wipeout, but none of them come close to the real deal.

I see.  I didn't even know Neowin was around in 2005.  This is amazing.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, NieR:Automata and WipEout Omega Collection.

Been playing Skryim: Special Edition on PC lately.  Haven't "really" played Skyrim since I played through it on PlayStation 3 years and years ago, and I love the Elder Scrolls universe.  Since I now have a decent PC that can run the Special Edition at Ultra settings, 60fps, I picked it up.

Ran into one bug with the "Purity" quest line, but I contacted Bethesda about it and they got me squared away.

20170624034748_1.jpg

20170627025134_1.jpg

20170629042432_1.jpg

On 6/28/2017 at 0:14 AM, FiB3R said:

Ori and the Blind Forest

Oris pretty decent huh, fairly tugs at the old emotions!

sniper elite 4 and a certain closed alpha thats just been released, along with a strict NDA, oh look theres Ray! & Bobba! ;) 

On 6/28/2017 at 11:51 AM, Jazmac said:

I see.  I didn't even know Neowin was around in 2005.  This is amazing.

I've lurked here since I was 15... joined in 2004 finally. I can almost say I've been apart of this site more than half my life! :laugh:

Anyway, I've been on a roll lately beating Limbo, Inside, Deadlight, and as of last weekend, Firewatch. Firewatch I had hoped would have more replayability... great story though.

Working on Little Nightmares, Ori, and of course Guild Wars 2 and Heroes of the Storm as usual.  Steam summer sale has been pretty good for me!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dead.cell said:

I've lurked here since I was 15... joined in 2004 finally. I can almost say I've been apart of this site more than half my life! :laugh:

Anyway, I've been on a roll lately beating Limbo, Inside, Deadlight, and as of last weekend, Firewatch. Firewatch I had hoped would have more replayability... great story though.

Working on Little Nightmares, Ori, and of course Guild Wars 2 and Heroes of the Storm as usual.  Steam summer sale has been pretty good for me!

Loved Little Nightmares.  It's an interesting game for sure.  Kind of puts me in the mind of what would probably happen if Tim Burton and Hayao Miyazaki got together and made a video game.

Having finished the story for Horizon Zero Dawn, I've been playing Helldivers quite a bit recently. The only good bug (/cyborg/illuminate) is a dead bug (/cyborg/illuminate)!

I really should go back to Resident Evil, but every time I think about doing it I get uneasy. That's actually a compliment.

I've also been looking at Sunless Sea on Steam, but I really don't know. I've even got Fallen London on my phone to see if I'd be interested in the style, and I just can't decide! While I have absolutely no problem with reading games (the Shadowrun titles are great in my opinion) the reading really does seem to outweigh any other gameplay elements. Does anyone have any thoughts?

5 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Loved Little Nightmares.  It's an interesting game for sure.  Kind of puts me in the mind of what would probably happen if Tim Burton and Hayao Miyazaki got together and made a video game.

I'd love to see great minds involved with more gaming projects! There's so much more room for what you can do in a game that you simply can't with just a typical 90-120min film.

5 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Having finished the story for Horizon Zero Dawn, I've been playing Helldivers quite a bit recently. The only good bug (/cyborg/illuminate) is a dead bug (/cyborg/illuminate)!

I really should go back to Resident Evil, but every time I think about doing it I get uneasy. That's actually a compliment.

I've also been looking at Sunless Sea on Steam, but I really don't know. I've even got Fallen London on my phone to see if I'd be interested in the style, and I just can't decide! While I have absolutely no problem with reading games (the Shadowrun titles are great in my opinion) the reading really does seem to outweigh any other gameplay elements. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I'd probably give it a go. If the game doesn't captivate you within the first couple hours, no sense in pushing on. Just refund it and look at something else.

Transistor is in the same sort of category as Shadowrun, isn't it? It's $2.99 right now if you haven't played it.

16 hours ago, Mando said:

Oris pretty decent huh, fairly tugs at the old emotions!

sniper elite 4 and a certain closed alpha thats just been released, along with a strict NDA, oh look theres Ray! & Bobba! ;) 

Really loving it so far. :D

I still play LOTRO 10 years going.  That's an ever-game to me.

Built a monster rig last year for VR dev, and like playing things like Robo Recall.

Old time London in Assassin's Creed Syndicate looks gorgeous cranked up at 3440x1440.  Eagerly awaiting the new version this fall!

Playing through "Wolfenstein: The New Order".  It's a fun game so far, but has been quite buggy on PC.  Game outright crashes if certain effects end up on screen unless you rename the executable and replace the "x64" in the name with "x32", which I found out trying to cut some chains loose in the prison level (game crashed when I looked at the chains, spent forever googling trying to figure out why and how to fix it), and although it's holding 60fps on my RX 480, it only just holds 60 (Ultra settings, 1080p).  DOOM held over 100fps on Ultra settings, and several other newer, better looking games hold much higher framerates.  On top of renaming the executable, I had to manually create the texture caching directory because it didn't create it upon installation, and since the game uses "streaming textures" (A measure to get around the RAM limitations of the PS3/360?), there was quite a lot of noticeable texture pop-in if you spun around really quick.  I verified using the in-game console what folder it was looking for, went and created it manually, and that seems to have helped quite a bit with the framerate and texture pop-in, but it still doesn't run nearly as well as a lot of newer, better looking games.

As far as gameplay and storyline though, I'm really enjoying myself now that I've got the game running, :-)

20170701001933_1.jpg

20170701043434_1.jpg

20170704032124_1.jpg

20170704054304_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

Playing through "Wolfenstein: The New Order".  It's a fun game so far, but has been quite buggy on PC.  Game outright crashes if certain effects end up on screen unless you rename the executable and replace the "x64" in the name with "x32", which I found out trying to cut some chains loose in the prison level (game crashed when I looked at the chains, spent forever googling trying to figure out why and how to fix it), and although it's holding 60fps on my RX 480, it only just holds 60 (Ultra settings, 1080p).  DOOM held over 100fps on Ultra settings, and several other newer, better looking games hold much higher framerates.  On top of renaming the executable, I had to manually create the texture caching directory because it didn't create it upon installation, and since the game uses "streaming textures" (A measure to get around the RAM limitations of the PS3/360?), there was quite a lot of noticeable texture pop-in if you spun around really quick.  I verified using the in-game console what folder it was looking for, went and created it manually, and that seems to have helped quite a bit with the framerate and texture pop-in, but it still doesn't run nearly as well as a lot of newer, better looking games.

As far as gameplay and storyline though, I'm really enjoying myself now that I've got the game running, :-)

20170701001933_1.jpg

20170701043434_1.jpg

20170704032124_1.jpg

20170704054304_1.jpg

its prequel is also worth picking up, in the steam sale mate. the issues you are seeing are releated to AMD cards and the idtech engine im afraid mate, I have this and its prequel running at 4K no problem in excess of 120fps on my 1080ti, my 970 managed ultra at 60fps.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:46 AM, BurlyDuck said:

I still play LOTRO 10 years going.  That's an ever-game to me.

Built a monster rig last year for VR dev, and like playing things like Robo Recall.

Old time London in Assassin's Creed Syndicate looks gorgeous cranked up at 3440x1440.  Eagerly awaiting the new version this fall!

ive not been in LOTRO in ages, whats the new expansion like?