What are you playing?

On 23/10/2021 at 19:39, McCordRm said:

Playing New World and loving it so far.

This post did not age well. The game took a freakin' nose-dive.

LOL ... but also... :(

I dip in and out of Halo Infinite MP but I'm going through some of my old backlog in the process till something new I want to play hits.  ATM I'm just breezing through Rage, probably going to play Rage 2 after and see where I go from there.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm absolutely loving FH5. Managed to complete my first Festival Playlist last night and got 54/54. Plus it's the only one that I can play with my son who loves it when I go offroad. 

Playing Mini Metro on my iPad

• 2 weeks later...

I've pretty much finished horizon zero dawn. The combat was interesting though needs some tweaks IMO. Other than that it's your typical open world game.  The same type of side missions we have all come to expect along with the same old list of collectables scattered around the world. 

I give it a 8/10 because the story is interesting but if you don't like it then on a pure game I'd say 7.5/10.

I guess I'm getting tired of the same old assassins creed type open world format everyone is doing.  Someone has to do it different at some point. 

On 22/02/2022 at 12:49, George P said:

I've pretty much finished horizon zero dawn. The combat was interesting though needs some tweaks IMO. Other than that it's your typical open world game.  The same type of side missions we have all come to expect along with the same old list of collectables scattered around the world. 

I give it a 8/10 because the story is interesting but if you don't like it then on a pure game I'd say 7.5/10.

I guess I'm getting tired of the same old assassins creed type open world format everyone is doing.  Someone has to do it different at some point. 

It is one of the better ones. And I am currently playing Forbidden West and it is even more improved. 

Amazing sequel and one of the better ones around 

I would say easily on par or better then Tomb Raider.

Best looking game I have seen on PS5 - the nature is amazing! Way above HZD 

I'm currently playing Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS5, when I got it on PS5 release I never gave it a chance and couldn't get into it but I've binged on it the last few days and now love it, hoping I'll be able to get the Platinum too assuming I don't get pulled away from it with Elden Ring on pre-order!

On 22/02/2022 at 18:10, SnoopZ said:

I'm currently playing Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS5, when I got it on PS5 release I never gave it a chance and couldn't get into it but I've binged on it the last few days and now love it, hoping I'll be able to get the Platinum too assuming I don't get pulled away from it with Elden Ring on pre-order!

I loved the game on PC at first but it got old so fast I think I made maybe 6-7 hours tops and no where near the end. 

I wanted to love it but some things were so repetitive and uninspired but like Valhalla (which some people love and the game that I bought at the same time and had just as much (or little) fun with.

Maybe a tiny bit better then Valhalla due to fun encounters better slightly more novel and entertaining.

But still.

On 22/02/2022 at 23:13, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I loved the game on PC at first but it got old so fast I think I made maybe 6-7 hours tops and no where near the end. 

I wanted to love it but some things were so repetitive and uninspired but like Valhalla (which some people love and the game that I bought at the same time and had just as much (or little) fun with.

Maybe a tiny bit better then Valhalla due to fun encounters better slightly more novel and entertaining.

But still.

I loved Valhalla and got the platinum on it by playing for 150+ hours.

I find these games an enjoyable challenge if I try for the trophies, if it wasn't for the trophies I would likely move onto the next game quicker.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. I finished the main story and am doing some stuff I missed. Great game. 

On 22/02/2022 at 18:21, SnoopZ said:

I loved Valhalla and got the platinum on it by playing for 150+ hours.

I find these games an enjoyable challenge if I try for the trophies, if it wasn't for the trophies I would likely move onto the next game quicker.

Yeah makes sense. I see non point in some digital award and I am usually there for the story.

Witcher 3 and (currently) horizon gives me fun stuff to do..

Never understand what is the fun in trophies but then again I am a story gamer. Last challenging game I enjoyed was Mario. I play everything on easy because I want to have control of the movie on front of me. I don't need to learn how to be good - not interested in Dark Souls stuff at all (though sekira was alright)

That is why if the game game good tech but boring story I just quit.

On 22/02/2022 at 23:33, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Yeah makes sense. I see non point in some digital award and I am usually there for the story.

Witcher 3 and (currently) horizon gives me fun stuff to do..

Never understand what is the fun in trophies but then again I am a story gamer. Last challenging game I enjoyed was Mario. I play everything on easy because I want to have control of the movie on front of me. I don't need to learn how to be good - not interested in Dark Souls stuff at all (though sekira was alright)

That is why if the game game good tech but boring story I just quit.

It's only recently I try and get all the trophies on games that I enjoy unless they're ridiculously hard or stupid online trophies.

I guess it gives me a challenge which means I play a game longer and in turn spend less money.

Wow. I am playing Forbidden West and it is on par to be my second all time favorite open world action rpg of all time.

Right behind Witcher 3 and better then Witcher 2 already.

I love how they added more stuff you can do while really fixing the annoying limitations that did nothing for me (inventory full - automatic teleport to stash ... That you can recover from in any settlement.  Genius. I am not playing  for realism and inventory management was the least fun part)

Anyway - I love all the improvements and the graphics are sublime - it looks better on ps5 then anything I saw on the gaming PC - the nature and the weather and character models are so realistic.

Just before that I bought Dying Light 2.... It makes me sick to play it - so much of the textures look like they are from 10 years ago at least - kills the immersion completely.

This one - the opposite - it is so immersive that it almost feels like a movie sometimes.

The Hollywood cgi and gaming cgi are getting close to par.

Looking at the sky the weather the water - it all looks so real it hurts (in a good way)

• Like 1

On 23/02/2022 at 17:13, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Wow. I am playing Forbidden West and it is on par to be my second all time favorite open world action rpg of all time.

Right behind Witcher 3 and better then Witcher 2 already.

I love how they added more stuff you can do while really fixing the annoying limitations that did nothing for me (inventory full - automatic teleport to stash ... That you can recover from in any settlement.  Genius. I am not playing  for realism and inventory management was the least fun part)

Anyway - I love all the improvements and the graphics are sublime - it looks better on ps5 then anything I saw on the gaming PC - the nature and the weather and character models are so realistic.

Just before that I bought Dying Light 2.... It makes me sick to play it - so much of the textures look like they are from 10 years ago at least - kills the immersion completely.

This one - the opposite - it is so immersive that it almost feels like a movie sometimes.

The Hollywood cgi and gaming cgi are getting close to par.

Looking at the sky the weather the water - it all looks so real it hurts (in a good way)

Are you playing in resolution or performance mode? I'm not sure I could drop to 30fps.

I can't handle motion blur as it makes me feel sick after 20mins, are there settings in the game to turn that off?

• Like 1

On 23/02/2022 at 18:18, SnoopZ said:

Are you playing in resolution or performance mode? I'm not sure I could drop to 30fps.

I can't handle motion blur as it makes me feel sick after 20mins, are there settings in the game to turn that off?

Yes motion blur is the first thing I turn off and I am playing performance - it still looks amazing 

You are right I would not have fun playing this at 30fps during the fight.

All my comment apply to performance mode. I did not even try higher res as there is no need

Not playing anything ATM.  Was looking at Elden Ring but read that the difficulty is like Dark Souls so I will be giving that game a pass for now.  So just currently waiting for something interesting to pop up on the XBOX.

I'm really enjoying Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS5, I bought it when the PS5 released and finally got around to giving  it a proper go and now I'm addicted to doing everything for the platinum.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/02/2022 at 16:24, E.Worm Jimmy said:

It is one of the better ones. And I am currently playing Forbidden West and it is even more improved. 

Amazing sequel and one of the better ones around 

I would say easily on par or better then Tomb Raider.

Best looking game I have seen on PS5 - the nature is amazing! Way above HZD 

I am still playing it.

It is basically a tie with Witcher 3 for me in terms of how interested I am in open world missions.

And a winner on graphics - I never seen anything as impressive as the weather and the nature beauty in this game.

The night and day cycles and the effects when walking on sand or water .... Just wow - best looking game by far.

By the time it hits PC and can be cranked up to the max there MIGHT be something better... But not sure.

Looks and plays amazing and easily in my top 10.

And for open world - top 1 - tied with Witcher 3.

Assassin's Creed got nothing on it. Nothing.  Far Cry should be ashamed and go stand in a corner.

No other open world games are even close. GTA V - why even try the game is old and the remake to make cars faster - go fax yourself!

Beat Tunic twice, very fun game and worth taking a look at.  Now to decide what to play next.  I've left FF13-2 in the middle but meh. I quickly remembered why I gave up on FF games. 

Finished Solasta: Crown of the Magister
a D&D 5e PC game.

I'm pretty amazed how fluid and real to the 5e rules. Though it doesn't have the full license, there are feats and subclass that had to be created. However it's been a good game.
Currently playing downloaded maps.

On April 14th a DLC with a new campaign will be released

On 23/03/2022 at 17:46, SnoopZ said:

Finally Platinumed Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS5, I too have to decide what to play next, either GTA V PS5 version or Elder Ring.

Fun game. Heard there is a new one coming out soon!

• Like 2