What are you playing?

+jnelsoninjax

Completed Days Gone on PC, great game, great story line as well. Been playing Resident Evil Village, but am currently stuck in the factory and can not figure out how to get out...

+Randomevent
1 hour ago, margrave said:

Resident Evil Village on Stadia

Finishedon Stadia: FFXV, Cyberpunk 2077, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Jedi Fallen Order

Still working on in Stadia: Doom Eternal, Borderlands 3, Elder Scrolls Online, Strange Brigade.

Also still leveling a character in WoW TBC Classic.

Nice.  How's Cyberpunk on there?  I already own it on Steam unfortunately, would love to play in 4K but that ship has sailed.

Might still get it for XSX once I see a decent sale.

margrave

Played awesome on Stadia. I never had any issues! I played it in 4K on Stadia. Love it!

Got all of the endings too. 😃

techbeck
4 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

I've been slow rolling it, doing every side quest because I didn't really play with any of the dlc in the games.

I did all the dlc stuff to since I never had. Took a while. 

Finished ME:A and wish they would have had dlcs and a second game. They gave up on it easy to soon and was not as bad as people made it seem. No followup made things hanging with no resolution. Like the benefactor, quarians, and what happens with the kett. 

• Like 1

Marujan

Mario

Emn1ty
2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Finished ME:A and wish they would have had dlcs and a second game. They gave up on it easy to soon and was not as bad as people made it seem. No followup made things hanging with no resolution. Like the benefactor, quarians, and what happens with the kett. 

Yeah, it was really unfortunate that the game ended the way it did. Andromeda had a lot of potential and because of all the meme'ing about it Bioware abandoned it.

George P
5 hours ago, techbeck said:

I'm with you, I think ME:A gets hated on too much.   I'd like for them to do a sequel, the best thing would be if ME4 and tie directly into ME:A some way and we can get a future ME:A sequel out of it.

As far as what I'm playing, after messing around with Madden 21 for a bit, I'm playing Celeste.   It's good to change things up every now and then.   It's leaked that evil within 2 is hitting game pass soon, so that'll be my next game.

Nick H.

I started Shadowrun Returns yesterday. I've had it in my library for years but never got round to it. I'd played Shadowrun Hong Kong and enjoyed it, and Shadowrun Returns is much the same but a different story and set in Berlin instead. It hits all the marks for me, and is a wonderful translation of a tabletop RPG to a video game. If you have played the XCOM series the fighting is much the same, with a round for the human followed by a round for the AI, Action Points and cover systems.

The soundtrack is great as well. A very cool cyberpunk style. But that does bring up the slight downside: no voiceovers. I don't mind games that don't have voiceovers - Sunless Sea is another one that comes to mind - but that means that there is a lot of reading to do.

techbeck

Completed AC:V Wrath of the Druids.  good expansion.  No searching for a new XBOX game to play.....any suggestions?

Xenon

Control. 

techbeck
3 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Control. 

Already completed.  Basically looking for anything new since the start of the year I may have missed.  Looking at nier replicant reviews now but just not sure about how long the game is. I  like games that are basically single player and do not end in the blink of an eye.

techbeck

If anyone is looking for a good bundle and has not played the last few Assassins Creed games on XBOX, you get Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla for $56.  Was $160 but on sale currently.

• Like 1

dipsylalapo
7 hours ago, techbeck said:

If anyone is looking for a good bundle and has not played the last few Assassins Creed games on XBOX, you get Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla for $56.  Was $160 but on sale currently.

I'm actually playing through Origins at the moment. 

Whilst the games are still ones that I enjoy playing, I'm disappointed that they'e moved away from being more stealthy. Loved the setting of Origins though.

MichealMurray

Far Cry 5

techbeck

Completed Shadows Awakening on Xbox. Enjoyed it. Anyone know of other games like that on Xbox? 

George P

Finally have some time to dive into The Evil Within 2.  

+Randomevent

Scarlet Nexus has some really bizarre boss fights but the combat is great overall.

I don't know if I've seen everything but some unexpected combos there.

Overall I love the game except the boss fights are a little strange.

Right on. 😀

techbeck

Nier Automata 

• 3 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

Finally picked up a 4K OLED TV so jumping between a few games testing out the visuals. 

Played a few hours of FH4 over the last few days and there's a BR mode (I think) called Eliminator which is super addictive! Counting down the days until Flight Simulator drops on Xbox. Two weeks and counting!

• 2 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

Switched things up a little and started playing Flight Simulator on Xbox. A little bumpy to start off with and the loading takes a while but it's very pretty. A huge technical showcase.

Looking forward to getting some actual flights under my belt.

o0o

Finally started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Picked up a few DLC's as well.

Enjoying it so far.

+E.Worm Jimmy

I finally caved in and got a ps5 because I could not get that gaming experience on my PC. (Exact reason I will not buy Xbox unless my PC die - and the new cards cost does not come down)

Anyway - I am loving the cheese of the new spiderman 

I am also feeling that my 5 year old TV might not exactly match the expectation. It is surely 4k. Yes. But I cannot even get HDR to work ... Though I managed to get it to work with One S before when I had it for a couple of weeks.

Long story short. I am out of job and don't want to spend much money. I also want a TV to match PS5 capacity.

Suggestions???

+Randomevent

Assuming Vizio is in Canada the current gen M series is pretty decent (has some stupidity occasionally, like needing to change the HDMI setting from Auto to 2.1 to get everything working properly on Xbox Series, but the quality, features and cost are good.)

I just loaded up Descenders just for the hell of it and man, when you're in the mood for it it's entertaining.  There's not that much to it but still.

cacoe

It's been years since I've been so consistent at playing a game. I'm really late to the party but for about the last month and a half I've been immersed in the new Hitman series, a series I've always been aware of but sort of ignored. Replayability is through the roof. 

I'm normally a narrative first sort of gamer, the story has to interest me. TBH I find the story to be pretty weak but the possibilities through gameplay are brillaint. The world has a great sense of humor too.

+jnelsoninjax

7 Days to Die, for being in Alpha still the gameplay and mechanics are still very good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Sony enables PlayStation 5 SSD upgrades via M.2 slot for beta testers
      by Chandrakant Isi

Sony's PlayStation 5 shipped with a dormant M.2 expansion slot. Months after the launch, the Japanese company is now opening up the M.2 slot to beta testers. Those who like to tinker with their gaming console can boost its internal storage by adding an SSD. If you would like to give it a shot, Sony has provided an elaborate guide with some software and hardware requirements.

For starters, PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs with capacity ranging from 250 GB to 4 TB are advised to be used with Sony's console. The recommended sequential read speed is 5,500MB/s or faster. More importantly, you can't simply stick any SSD into the PS5. Sony requires it to feature an effective heat dissipation system. You can either go with an SSD with a built-in cooling system or buy an aftermarket cooling solution and add it yourself. However, you will have to ensure the SSD module size including the heatsink element should be less than 110 mm (L) x 25 mm (W) x 11.25 mm (H).

If all this hasn't deterred you from going ahead with the storage expansion process, it is time to ensure your system software is compatible with this feature. At this point, only the beta firmware supports the M.2 slot. So first, head over to this link to register for the PS5 beta program. It is only open for gamers in the US, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and France. If you are lucky enough to get selected for the beta program, the next step is to install the beta system software from Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.

Once you have the software ready, the next part requires you to pop open your expensive PS5, which is quite hard to come by due to the global chip shortage. Hence, we recommend heading over to PlayStation.com and carefully follow the steps provided by the manufacturer.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2 are free on the Epic Games Store this week
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Weekly double giveaways continue to drop from the Epic Games Store, and the latest arrivals are Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2. These have replaced the Verdun and Defense Grid: The Awakening freebie duo from last week.

Developed by Grip Digital and Terrible Posture Games, Mothergunship offers a bullet-hell first-person shooter experience with extremely deep gun customization elements, from twelve-barrel homing missile gun to a lightning spewing shotgun, and much more. Co-op is also included, so you can fight the hordes of robotic invaders and massive bosses with a friend.

Here's how the Epic Games Store describes the title:

Alongside it arrives Train Sim World 2. As evident by its name, the game is a train simulation, and it boasts highly authentic locomotives, routes, and locations. Developed by Dovetail games, the game has you hauling freight across mountain routes in the United States and tackling the rush hour of the London Underground among other popular lines.

The Epic Games Store description is as follows:

Here are the system requirements for the two games:

Mothergunship Train Sim World 2 OS: Windows 7 64-bit CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD FX-6300 GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 26 Memory: 4 GB DirectX: 11 OS: 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10 CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.7 GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 270 with 2 GB VRAM or more Memory: 8 GB Storage: 20GB DirectX: 10 The Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2 giveaways will be available on the Epic Games Store through next Thursday, August 5, for claiming. A Plague Tale: Innocence and Speed Brawl are up next on the giveaway schedule.

• By Chandrakant
      Call of Duty, Uncharted, and The Last of Us developers team up to form a new studio
      by Chandrakant Isi

Video game industry veterans behind blockbuster titles such as The Last of Us, Uncharted, and Call of Duty, have teamed up to start a new studio dubbed That's No Moon. The independent studio's first project is a AAA third-person action-adventure game that focuses on a single-player campaign.

As per the official website, this new studio is led by CEO Michael Mumbauer, who previously headed PlayStation's Visual Arts Group. Creative director, Taylor Kurosaki is known for single-player narrative in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Jacob Minkoff, who was involved in the development of games such as Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Last of Us, Modern Warfare, Warzone, will serve as a game director. Currently, the company has nearly 40 developers coming from several big studios. With office locations in Los Angeles and San Diego, That's No Moon has plans to get 100 developers on board by 2022.

The studio has received $100 million funding from the South Korean video game company Smilegate best known for creating the Crossfire series. That's No Moon hasn't shared many details regarding its first project, however, there's a clear emphasis on building "genre-defining" and "narrative-driven" games. Sure it is too early to say this, but the studio would like its games to be adopted in film and other media.

That's No Moon isn't the only new studio to pop up this year. Just a few weeks ago, Rockstar Games co-founder, Dan Houser reportedly started his new company.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Rocket League and James Bond crossover brings in the iconic Aston Martin DB5
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

After many returning collaborations in the past months, Rocket League developer Psyonix today announced a brand-new crossover event that has James Bond's 1963 Aston Martin DB5 coming into the game as part of a promotion involving Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) and Aston Martin.

Driven by 007 in a multitude of Bond movies, including the upcoming entry No Time To Die, the DB5 in the popular rocket-powered vehicular soccer game features the signature Silver Birch Paint finish, as well as unique engine audio, wheels, and a Reel Life decal. The car will be using the Octane hitbox. As with other crossover items, most other customization items won't be usable with the DB5.

Rocket League players will be able to pick up the DB5 starting on July 29 across all platforms via the Item Shop, where it will cost 1100 Credits. It will be a short stay though, as the iconic car will leave the store on August 4.

This won't be the only James Bond-themed car to arrive at the free-to-play game either, with Psyonix going on to tease that more content from the franchise is planned for the future.

• By News Staff
      This Unreal & Unity Game Development for Beginners Bundle is 97% off
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 97% off the Unreal & Unity Game Development for Beginners Bundle. Master game development and build your own games with 50 hours of practical instruction on Unity, Unreal, C#, and more.

This deal consists of the following courses:

Unity Android 2021: Build 7 Games with Unity & C#
      Learn Android Game Development & Build 7 Android Games with Unity and C# Unity Projects 2021: 20+ Mini Projects in Unity & C#
      Learn Unity Game Development & C# Scripting by Building 20+ Mini Game Development and Design Projects Unity By Example: 20+ Mini Projects in Unity
      Learn Unity Game Development by Building 20+ Mini Projects Using Unity & C# Build an Action RPG in Unreal Engine
      Set Up Action RPGs & Character Animations Using Unreal Engine Develop a First-Person Shooter in Unreal Engine
      Craft Your Own First Person Shooter in Unity with Challenging Enemies & Exciting Gameplay Unreal Engine Game Development for Beginners
      Learn the Popular Unreal Engine for Game Development & Start Building Your Own Games Here's the deal:
      This Unreal & Unity Game Development for Beginners Bundle normally costs $2,189 but it can be yours for just $29.99 for a limited time, that's a saving of $2,159.01 (98%) off! For full descriptions, terms, and instructor info please click the link below.

Get this bundle, or learn more about it
      Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other deals on offer you can check out here.

Ivacy VPN - 5 years at 87% off NordVPN - 2 years at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 79% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Giveaways: Apple Giveaway | Gaming Giveaway | Amazon Giveaway Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.