What are you playing?

On 14/06/2021 at 01:14, techbeck said:

Completed AC:V Wrath of the Druids.  good expansion.  No searching for a new XBOX game to play.....any suggestions?

Outriders is quite a bit of fun if a little formulaic.

On 28/07/2021 at 09:38, jnelsoninjax said:

7 Days to Die, for being in Alpha still the gameplay and mechanics are still very good.

I bet it's finished five years after Star Citizen 😄

• Haha 2

On 28/07/2021 at 11:15, Randomevent said:

I bet it's finished five years after Star Citizen 😄

Star Citizen is still a thing? :D

• Haha 2

Been off the site for a while... Enjoyed it. But played the dragon age inquisition trespasser dlc. Didn't play it before but was a good ending and setup for the next game n

Finished Deaths Door a little while ago, 100%.  It's a nice little indie and the price is right for it.   Worth it if you have the time.  I'm now in the process of installing the ascent.  I figure that one will take me longer to finish.

I bought Songs of Syx the other day. I had seen someone on YouTube playing it and it looked like just the kind of thing I was looking for. It's easy enough to get started, and I've currently got to a point where I could probably sit back and my villagers would take care of themselves for a while...but a new content update added armies, and I can see them floating around outside of my borders. I need to set up training and gather resources for swords and shields so that my villagers will be ok. But once that happens, I'll probably start eyeing-up the other territories and wondering if I could take them...before you know it, I'll be on a World domination run. :laugh:

Microsoft Flight Simulator - I’ve spent a lot of time recently just flying around different parts of the world admiring the graphics.

It’s a lot of fun flying across the town I live in and spotting various landmarks, its impressive how accurate the game is. I have found some randomly generated building that don’t exist in real life, however for the most part the game is really accurate. Flying over places like London with the UK & Ireland update installed really is quite stunning!

I do think Flight Simulator is the perfect game for Game Pass, its not a game I’d personally spend £50-60 on, however it is great to randomly load up and just have a fly about somewhere, admiring the graphics.

• Like 1

been playing the shit out of Skyward Sword HD. It's so much better with a normal controller scheme rather than motion controls. It didn't take too long for me to get used to the sword being on right stick.

Just got past the boss I could never beat in the past with motion controls and bathed my sword in the first upgrade flame (Y) 

God of War .

It is freaking great on ps5.

I traded my PS4 were I had this game and never really bothered to finish it - just dropped it somewhere in the middle.

Now with playstation now (or whatever it is called) I installed it again.

Damn it is so much better at 60fps - makes a lot of difference to me.

Maybe that is why I did not like it as much before - at 30 fps the game just did not play well 

Anyway - amazing game and I am definitely getting the sequel

Though I have to say I did enjoy God Of War 3 somewhat more... Sometimes you don't want the story - you just want to kill giant monster and titans as brutallly as possible.

But story is also good ;)

On 12/08/2021 at 18:18, E.Worm Jimmy said:

God of War .

It is freaking great on ps5.

I traded my PS4 were I had this game and never really bothered to finish it - just dropped it somewhere in the middle.

Now with playstation now (or whatever it is called) I installed it again.

Damn it is so much better at 60fps - makes a lot of difference to me.

Maybe that is why I did not like it as much before - at 30 fps the game just did not play well 

Anyway - amazing game and I am definitely getting the sequel

Though I have to say I did enjoy God Of War 3 somewhat more... Sometimes you don't want the story - you just want to kill giant monster and titans as brutallly as possible.

But story is also good ;)

Yes it's awesome and I went back and got the platinum on it when the 60fps patch came out.

It's free with the 20 PS Plus collection games too if you subscribe to Plus.

Edited by SnoopZ
  • Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 13:21, SnoopZ said:

Yes it's awesome and I went back and got the platinum on it when the 60fps patch came out.

It's free with the 20 PS Plus collection games too if you subscribe to Plus.

Yeah that is it - plus.  I subscribed when I got ps5. It was a choice of paying for Plus (with tons of games) or buying 1 game outright. Easy choice. Paid for a year. 

I love ps exclusives - the Xbox is doing even better with their subscription - but I cannot ever give up on Playstation - the exclusives are just too good

On 28/07/2021 at 10:46, jnelsoninjax said:

Star Citizen is still a thing? :D

Yep.  It took way too long to get anywhere near playable builds but we're there.  Probably sometime next year before it's solid but it's looking great.

On 12/08/2021 at 14:21, Randomevent said:

Yep.  It took way too long to get anywhere near playable builds but we're there.  Probably sometime next year before it's solid but it's looking great.

It will either be the best game ever or the most spectacular failure that will be quoted for years to come

Personally I root for best game ever. But it is hard to tell

On 12/08/2021 at 13:36, E.Worm Jimmy said:

It will either be the best game ever or the most spectacular failure that will be quoted for years to come

Personally I root for best game ever. But it is hard to tell

I just can't even tell anymore if these games have gotten too complicated to be fun or something.

I haven't really loved anything in the genre I can recall since Freelancer (though Darkstar One was pretty fun.)

Playing Sekiro with the "Long May the Shadows Reflect Hardcore" Mod, enjoying it, feels like a whole new game, much harder. 

Just got done with RE: Village too, it was ok, not great 6/10. 

On 13/08/2021 at 09:53, ZakO said:

Playing Sekiro with the "Long May the Shadows Reflect Hardcore" Mod, enjoying it, feels like a whole new game, much harder. 

Lol. Really one thing I did not see needed was TO INCREASE DIFFICULTY in that game... But whatever floats your boat

On 13/08/2021 at 12:03, SnoopZ said:

Just started Spider-Man Miles Morales on PS5, such a good and graphically gorgeous game.

I run through the main story pretty fast. Interesting game but not interesting enough for me to do all the side missions like I would do in some other open world games

On 13/08/2021 at 17:43, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I run through the main story pretty fast. Interesting game but not interesting enough for me to do all the side missions like I would do in some other open world games

I'll probably go for the platinum if it's not a pain in the ass.

On 13/08/2021 at 18:32, SidVicious said:

Assassin's Creed Unity

Great game apart from a few online trophies which stopped me getting the platinum.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/road-96

yeah it is a walking simulator, and yes i am having a lot of fun chilling and playing the stories.

this is not a challenging game by any means, it is more like TellTale game, and i love it.

ohh, and yeah - it is totally indie, does not run well, and stories are pretty cheesy and predictable.

still having fun in it ;)

On 20/08/2021 at 07:19, E.Worm Jimmy said:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/road-96

yeah it is a walking simulator, and yes i am having a lot of fun chilling and playing the stories.

this is not a challenging game by any means, it is more like TellTale game, and i love it.

ohh, and yeah - it is totally indie, does not run well, and stories are pretty cheesy and predictable.

still having fun in it ;)

if you like those types of simulation games then you should check out Power Washing Simulator. It's been weirdly popular lately, and from watching Markiplier's videos I can see why, it's so soothing lol

Playing The Ascent  though I have limited time so it's been in small 1-2hr chunks.  Think I'm going to need a week to finish this before I jump to something else.