Presenting the new Neowin Logo

Dissing Timan right in front of him?? Wow.;))

586605847[/snapback]

Well it's better than doing it behind someone's back.;))

What I really don't understand about it's design is the need of emulating an Aqua Finder window. It looks weird having a (fake) window inside window. Doesn't look very professional.

Just a matter of personal preferences, I just don't like the overall design and accessibility.

I'm not sure if I am correct on my assumptions, but I'm guessing the image on the first page is the "official" one, but the series of neowin icons seen in the forums I'm guessing is done by a site member.

586605876[/snapback]

It's this one:

post-21616-1128198886.png

it seems from the preview page that neowin are ditching the chlorine font.... is it true!? :cry:

hmm... i must say, the arial/verdana/segoe does look better though. (Y)

Well it's better than doing it behind someone's back. ;)

What I really don't understand about it's design is the need of emulating an Aqua Finder window. It looks weird having a (fake) window inside window. Doesn't look very professional.

Just a matter of personal preferences, I just don't like the overall design and accessibility.

586605881[/snapback]

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, and I do not want to steal this thread from what its originally about.

Sorry, I tried to make a skin that does in fact reflect a real OSX app, it even was made following the Apple Aqua Guidelines, I'm also sorry its a skin that doesn't look like a default forum skin with a few graphic changes. You should also not judge a theme based on its looks, when you have no idea what the community is about. EMULATING THE LOOK AND FEEL OF MAC OSX.

Lets see you design a Mac styled skin and then you can talk.

Just hope the Aqua/Mac theme skin here on neowin will not just be a few image/color changes, and actually have a smoother layout in general while keeping the general look the same.

I'm very surprised (and glad) to see the logo changed considering how FlishFun and Neobond firmly assured us that they would NEVER consider any other logo.

Anyway, this news gets me even more excited about the update. I can't wait to see how the new Neowin will turn out.

offtopic/ I agree with Timan.

While everyone's 100% entitled to own opinion, saying things like "don't understand about it's design is the need of emulating an Aqua Finder window" clearly shows he(Neowave) didn't bother to understand the purpose of Timan's Aqua-Soft theme.

A theme that is supposed to emulate OSX interface gets criticized for emulating OSX interface... now that's weird.

it seems from the preview page that neowin are ditching the chlorine font.... is it true!? :cry:

Let's just say other fonts had been tried, and when all was said and done, Chlorine will still be used. ;)

<edit period ran out :pinch: >

here's a great logo for a black skin:

neowin5black.png

:shifty:

took a lot of work - invert and rotate hues 50%.

it'd look better if the shine in the middle was still white, though :pinch:

You should also not judge a theme based on its looks, when you have no idea what the community is about. EMULATING THE LOOK AND FEEL OF MAC OSX.

586606645[/snapback]

Actually I know what the community is all about, so you shouldn't judge about things you don't have a clue about yourself either. I gave my reasons about why I think that Aqua-Soft's forum design doesn't really work, especially not on larger forums like Neowin.

And of course I judge a theme based on it's looks and how it works when using the forums. That's it's main purpose: Giving something a cool exterior without loosing functionality. But yeah, you did a great job EMULATING THE LOOK of Mac OS X.

Lets see you design a Mac styled skin and then you can talk.

586606645[/snapback]

Since when exactly is there a need to make something yourself before you can comment about it? I remember the time on Aqua-Soft when Mac OS X 10.3 Panther's new Aqua look was introduced and how a lot of users on the forum were bitching about it. How many of those people coded/designed their own, near flawlessly working, hardware accelerated GUI from scratch?

I still live in a free country (and I'm quite happy about that) so don't tell me about what things I can or cannot talk.

No hard feelings, I just don't agree with you.

Edited by Neowave

<edit period ran out :pinch: >

here's a great logo for a black skin:

neowin5black.png

:shifty:

took a lot of work - invert and rotate hues 50%.

it'd look better if the shine in the middle was still white, though  :pinch:

586607557[/snapback]

That logo would be awesome for a Halloween theme :rofl:

^

Maybe all the current, plus the Aqua one and my special request of a Halloween one :shifty:

586608657[/snapback]

Hmm... you're forgetting the new default "glass" one. :shifty:

Talking about the current themes, will those be dropped?