Luna Element 4

There's half a dozen Vista styles on Deviantart. There are Windowblinds Vista themes being distributed by Stardock as well. What is all this paranoia about MS? KoL voluntarily took his theme down, he should have told MS to **** off.

Besides, MS doesn't even have a case. Only if you have extracted bitmaps directly from Vista directly can MS force you to stop. Otherwise, THERE IS NO COPYRIGHT ON GUI APPEARANCE! Apple has already gone to court over this and lost.

With who?

awwww..shucks....leave kol and em3 alone, they are scared.

whoever said the pen or paintbrush is a weapon abviously didnt witness this new generation of "artists". LOL. Beaten down by the man. PWNED.

Me thinks you should cool this vendetta against em3 (no, I am not ass kissing anyone, this I observed through a simple check on post history). First it was about Watercolor 'pwning' this VS, then it's about him being French :rolleyes: and now it's about him and KoL being pussies in front of 'the man.'

What's next? :no:

what would have happened if Kol didn't remove his VS, i mean if they took him to court it would be the silliest court case ever IMO, he just created somthing for XP that he wants to share for XP.

what would have happened if Kol didn't remove his VS, i mean if they took him to court it would be the silliest court case ever IMO, he just created somthing for XP that he wants to share for XP.

He doesn't have time for court cases. What's the simpliest option? Comply.

Many of you have lots of time to waste (myself included, to a certain extent).

Apple has already gone to court over this and lost.

With who?

LOL. Glad you asked, because it's funny who it was. Why, none other than Microsoft!

Apple Computer, Inc. v. Microsoft Corp., 35 F.3d 1435 (1994) was a copyright infringement lawsuit in which Apple Computer sought to prevent Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard from using visual graphical user interface (GUI) elements that were similar to those in Apple's Lisa and Macintosh operating systems. Some critics claimed that Apple was really attempting to gain all intellectual property rights over the desktop metaphor for computer interfaces, and perhaps all GUIs, on personal computers. Apple lost all claims in the lawsuit, except that the court ruled that the trash can icon and file folder icons from Hewlett-Packard's now-forgotten NewWave windows application were infringing. The lawsuit was filed in 1988 and lasted four years; the decision was affirmed on appeal in 1994, and the appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court by Apple was denied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Compute..._Microsoft_Corp.

Once again, the only claim MS has against themers is if they ripped the actual bitmaps out of Vista. Especially the shellstyles. MS logos and certain icons are also copyrighted, but absolutely not anything like a button or menu, etc.

Edited by toadeater

Please change the expansion pics for tree controls back to the + and - boxes that Windows uses, the arrows are really annoying, and they make VS 2005 look crappy (among other programs). Hell even Microsoft doesn't use them in 5270.

Other than that, this is the best theme EVER! Everybody can take their Vista lookalikes, this is better than any of them (For XP anyway).

and when you do make a new thread for le 5 then anything that is pointless just report to the mods and they will take care of it and help you out em3,i am a true supporter but not a true supporter for all these pointless comments that try to take you down but not with us around(the good ones,not the idiots)

Hey guys I dont think you should talk about me and my theme in this thread. This dont have anything to do with it.

IMO what Microsoft did with VistaXP was really stupid but they have the right to do it. I was using copyright material, trademark and trade dress. I didnt want to go to court for something stupid like that. I wanted to enjoy the Christmas, keep working with the work I have to do and work with my wallpapers, icons and themes. :)

Now lets wait for the next Luna Element. We all know is going to be great :)

Hey guys I dont think you should talk about me and my theme in this thread. This dont have anything to do with it.

IMO what Microsoft did with VistaXP was really stupid but they have the right to do it. I was using copyright material, trademark and trade dress. I didnt want to go to court for something stupid like that. I wanted to enjoy the Christmas, keep working with the work I have to do and work with my wallpapers, icons and themes. :)

Now lets wait for the next Luna Element. We all know is going to be great :)

A G R E E D ! ! ! :D :D :D :D

I'm hoping to finish this theme soon, tired of working on it. I want to try and finish my up to date best music track. Feel free to listen and comment. This is purely for techno freaks. :punk: Some might say it's just noice but that's what I think about death metal. :p

Here is the 2do list on the theme... not much left. :happy:

*m* checkboxes and radiobuttons

*m* progressbar

*m* scrollbars

*m* menu colors (black style)

*m* small captionbuttons

*s* captionbuttons (160 images including small captionbuttons :/)

*s* some frame images

m = mockup not completed

s = apply to msstyle

I'm hoping to finish this theme soon, tired of working on it. I want to try and finish my up to date best music track. Feel free to listen and comment. This is purely for techno freaks. :punk: Some might say it's just noice but that's what I think about death metal. :p

Here is the 2do list on the theme... not much left. :happy:

*m* checkboxes and radiobuttons

*m* progressbar

*m* scrollbars

*m* menu colors (black style)

*m* small captionbuttons

*s* captionbuttons (160 images including small captionbuttons :/)

*s* some frame images

m = mockup not completed

s = apply to msstyle

The track is cool and hope you finish that and the theme, cos LE is by far the best i've ever used, awesome ;)

fan of infected mushroom? :laugh:

Good stuff man.

Can't wait for LE5. Remember to integrate the compact start menu please...

Contact the EFF. MS is lying to you about this "trade dress" nonsense.

For those of you that were ever sued for anything you will appreciate what KOL does not want to have to go through.

Being on the receiving end of a lawsuit can take years off of your life or so it seems. I've been there done that. Unless you have God on your side it is best to avoid this situation in the first place.