6.8Ghz Laptop

What the hell would anybody do with a laptop with 1TB of ram ? wacko.gif

Thats what i asked about 3 pages ago :D

2 TB equals 2 199 023 255 552 bytes, NOT 2 200 038 744 064 bytes

586487133[/snapback]

I don't think ANY hard disks,flash drives,sticks of ram,CD-Rs,DVD-Rs and EXACTLY the capacity they are meant to be.

Thats what i asked about 3 pages ago  :D

I don't think ANY hard disks,flash drives,sticks of ram,CD-Rs,DVD-Rs and EXACTLY the capacity they are meant to be.

586487150[/snapback]

Formatted space and un allocated space are very different. A 20GB drive is exactly 20GB of unallocated space. But when it's been formatted, the filesystem takes up some space on the drive, making it slightly less.

Anyone cud have a TB drive....somewhat.

Use 2 500GB HDD's and make them dynamic disks, then make them one volume by spanning :)? The space combines and is used as one disk, not sure if it says 1TB tho, or 1024GB?:):)

586487069[/snapback]

it would say 1TB.. i saw them do it on the screen savers on techtv like 2 years ago... they put a bunch of 200gb or maybe 160gb drives in RAID together and made a 1TB hard drive... and it showed up as 1T:p:p

I can easily believe a 6.8GHz CPU. I can *barely* believe a 6.8GHz CPU in such a dense heat environment. I can NOT believe a System Properties window that says 1TB RAM, on an OS that had a 4GB on a 32 bit platform or 128GB on a 64 bit platform RAM limitation last time I checked...

EDIT:

Here is some really big text to make my comment stand out. Windows XP would not run 1TB of RAM. It's FAKE.

586486612[/snapback]

A 32-bit platform should be able to acces 4 gb of ram max, but the limit for a 64-bit platform is about 18 exabytes (18,446,744,070 GB) This however is limited by the OS as well, (ie windows 64-bit windows doesn't read the full limitation of memory, 128 GB physical memory)

Edited by zzachattack2

The fact that there are some posts on this thread that shows other research, articles, patents, and reports by these guys makes it more believable to me. Especially since the research is in past years... not recently. These folks seem to be making quite a name for themselves... thinking out of the box....

Maybe this whole thing is far fetched, but I'm not willing to condemn this just yet...

Barney

i still dont think amd would be pratting about with 2.4ghz athlon X2's especially when they say they have enabled 4 x pentium Mobiles, which would provide some serious oomph.

even intel would know if the chips would be supported in a 4x configuration and tried to stop it, the chip probly cant effective work symultaneous with another 3 chips.

The graphics chip in that lappy sucks, with a 6.8Cheesehertz quatum pile of poo i would expect a Quantum 9999GTX ULTRA extreeme with 6TB of memory.

get real this technology is either available and completely bug ridden, or dont exist..

the os clearly states XP PRo, not 64-bit edition..

also, it just wouldnt work, never, i dont think xp supports processors other than the mainstream ones, does it ?

Think of it this way: Why would a guy waste his money getting fake patents, butchering a laptop, ripping apart CD ROMS? There must be more behind this, perhaps this is actually real. Perhaps he has invented new technology. Someone said that 1TB drives aren't possible without some sort of raid. Once upon a time 4.7GB on a disc the size of a CD was impossible - but new things get invented. This guy has been ahead of his time for ages according to what goostoff posted. It is very possible that this technology is real.

586487131[/snapback]

Why do people make crop circles? ;)

it would say 1TB.. i saw them do it on the screen savers on techtv like 2 years ago... they put a bunch of 200gb or maybe 160gb drives in RAID together and made a 1TB hard drive... and it showed up as 1TB :p

586487165[/snapback]

Cool, thanks wasn't too sure.

I use to love that show, it sucks now. grr @ G4.. lol

omg chill with the ghz the thermal rating on the chip will be in the 1000's of TDP, not to mention all the cooling u'd need.

a dual core pentium M running at 3.0Ghz a core would be faster than any dual core chip available, require less power, produce less heat and be the fastest gaming chip around.

more cores would be better than ghz imo, the ghz gets ppl interested tho.

hey everybody...remeber when jesse posted that info proving the laptop they showed was a comercially available run of the mill laptop? yeah...that was sweet....

in summary...pay attention to me.

omg chill with the ghz the thermal rating on the chip will be in the 1000's of TDP, not to mention all the cooling u'd need.

a dual core pentium M running at 3.0Ghz a core would be faster than any dual core chip available, require less power, produce less heat and be the fastest gaming chip around.

more cores would be better than ghz imo, the ghz gets ppl interested tho.

586487288[/snapback]

It depends on what your trying do do. Multitasking- more cores = better, but for single threaded applications(many games), more cores will not always make a bigger difference than higher frequency.

hey everybody...remeber when jesse posted that info proving the laptop they showed was a comercially available run of the mill laptop? yeah...that was sweet....

in summary...pay attention to me.

586487295[/snapback]

You know, You can modify things.

I want to believe... :alien:

However, it's seems really improbable.

Still, if they faked it, why not make ik 68,00 Ghz instead of 6,8 Ghz? I mean, 6,8 Ghz doesn't strike me as extremely fast. One TB of memory and a 2 TB harddrive, now that's something... and I believe it's possible... but I don't believe this case is true... We'll see.

It depends on what your trying do do. Multitasking- more cores = better, but for single threaded applications(many games), more cores will not always make a bigger difference than higher frequency.

Think about it, if a game aint coded for it then it wont use it, but wat about when it is, think about that.

so how come the xbox 360 has 3 cores, for the sake, nah i dont think so, more cores is better, miles better, the technology needs catering for thats all.

If this is a hoax they sure have A LOT of money and time to spend on something that gets them nothing in return.

Getting many patents and even showing their stuff off at CES 2004, 2005, and it looks lke they are going to 2006 too.

586487307[/snapback]

It certainly would have cost a fortune just to obtain some of those items they have listed. How is it possible to get almost 2 terrabytes of data onto a laptop, being that sleek.. seems like a hoax to me even with costs to enter the CES.