What Do You Think Of Windows Me???

My PC came with Win Me preinstalled, and so i had to use it

I used it for 11 months until I bought XP, and in that time it ran fine for the most part, looked nice (much better than other 9x OSs) and ran all my games etc..

But it did crash and cause blue screens every few days so that was nice :right:

However now that I'm on XP Pro, theres no way I'm going back to the old 9x kernel. We have a computer at home running 98SE that the rest of the family uses and even if I'm on it for 5 minutes I'm running away back to XP.....

Thankfully all OSs in the future are based on the NT kernel, and that 9x OSs are going to die :)

The only good thing about it for me at the time was that it was very good at handling the IRQ settings for all my hardware. I never had to change a thing, while 98SE would fungle everything up and I'd have a bunch of conflicts to deal with. Other than that I think it's extremely buggy, bloated, and totally inexusable for even existing. Now that I've had XP a while the entire 9x line seems like garbage in comparison.

(Is fungled a word? I guess not...)

I'd rather use Windows 1.1 then ME... It is just too poorly coded to even be an operating system... the key word is OPERATING!!!

i dont think i'm allowed to use the words i would like to use to describe ME, so instead mods have insisted that i use asteriks and other characters to fill in for any bad words.

i believe that Win ME is @@?@$@%@^@&^@&*@(@(@)@@@~#'##'@@@@@@@'**&&*&**&*&*&*&*&*?$%?$%?%%?$%%?%%?$%53, especially when u look at the way it was designed. lets look at how it handles multitasking: well on close inspection we can see @###'@@@@@@?$@%@^@*&*(*(@##'#@@@@@~@#@@%%$%%?$%?$%"$.

im not sure if most of u share my view on this S@#@ty exscuse for an operating system, but judging by the poll, mos:Dof u do :D

:evil: :evil:

Well, my parents' computer came with Windows ME preloaded, so they were forced to use it. However, it proved to be farily rock solid for them. All they use the computer for is typing documents in MS Word or Excel. Also, sometimes they use the Internet. Other than that, they really don't do anything on the computer.

Now, if you only use Word, Excel, and occasionally Internet Explorer, why would it be bad to use Windows ME? It worked fine. I think they got like two blue screens in over a year. They were quite happy with it, so I wanted them to be happy, and I just left there computer alone.

I use XP of course, so I haven't had a blue screen since...well...since I installed it. :D

Originally posted by dc'

Windows ME = Utter ****e. id rather be on 95 :/

XP owns it

Hmm... I dunno about that... what do you guys think, would you choose ME over 95 or other way around, I think I like ME better than 95, but I would like to here other opinions

well i'll just add to the growing bunch of people who think ME is a Piece.... just crap if you ask me.... my worst case i got a BSOD WHILE DOING A CLEAN INSTALL!! it didn't even finish installing to the HD from the CD and i got a BSOD. I was like **** that..... and formatted and went back to XP. I wanted to build my knowledge of OSs but if anyone using ME and asks for my help i'll just give them Windows XP. "There fixed" hehe

SHoTTa35, if you want to study other operating systems I'd suggest a program like Virtual PC or VMware. That way you can run any x86 compatible OS you want and as many as you want, without dual booting or worrying about messing up your system. If you get tired of one, just delete a single file and it's gone. It's very good for technical support since you can push a button and have the OS in question, or several, running in their own window any time.

well, win me (me= monkey edition) sucks. i installed it and used it. within 15 minutes, blue screens started coming :dead: ....i reformat it and install win98se. i rather use win98se than win95 coz win95 also sucks :dead: ...too few functions available.......(usb, cdrw)

Ok, mods aren't supposed to use profanity, so I'll try to keep it clean...

nm, there's nothing I can say about ME that doesn't involve swearing.

Windows Me worked amazingly well on my system. I loved it. Fast, stable... Windows 98 was the bad joke... compared to any OS (except for 95 cuz that was an even worse joke).

But Windows XP is obviously the best Home OS there's ever been... except its kinda sloooow...

I cannot disagree with u more. Windows ME was very unstable and bloody slow. I cannot understand why you think XP is slow.

It is by far the best, the fastest and the most stable operating system I have seen.

Cannot understand wot u see wrong with Windows 98. SE was a reliable setup - but ME. I still think - an absolute shambles.

Liam

ME was an absolute mess IMHO, I never had it installed, I went straight to 2000 Pro from 98SE, but anyone who I knew who had it installed used to have constant crashes...

I ran windows 2000 but then tried windows me after my friend persuaded me to with win me being more compatabile with games. It crashed regularly everyday, i quickly went back to windows 2000. Anyone who likes win me should and will be shot. Windows XP means nobody has an exscuse to be running that worst OS in the world.

Originally posted by FlyerXL

If I said my true thoughts on ME I would probably burst into flames, so I'll just leave it as this: "It Stinks"

I think that sums up what people like me who have had the misfortune of using win me feel about it pretty well

The sad thing is that win me is the only OS that i actually legally own. The only good thing about win me is the cool holograms on the cd, that amuses for a few minutes, unlike the actual OS.

My computer was designed with Windows 98SE in mind, so it's pretty slow ;)

I upgraded to Windows Me with each beta that was released, lol, out of about 4, i only got one installed and was pretty impressed!

Even with the final, everything non-internet related working flawlessly, the new speed improvements and little interface changes we're great!

But as soon as i installed anything Internet related, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ etc... the whole damn thing always crashed out completely if not all the time.

Was damn annoyed with that, tried about 12 different fresh installs to see if i did anything wrong, but nope, just Windows Me.

Windows Me works great on a *handful* of systems, but not the majority!

Windows XP all the way for me!

P.S. Windows XP is slow in terms of shutting down speed and certain fuctions.

Windows 2000 SP2 is basically a rock solid stable version of Windows 9x with lots of extra features in my book, if the person that noted about Windows XP speed, you might wanna drop down to 2k, you will get the speeds which you saw back on 98 :p

Gimie

I absolutely hate it! I just dealt with it today too, my neighbor was having trouble with it. I'm A+ certified and I couldn't fix it.

I'll be installing XP on that machine in a week.

I think it should more rightly be called Windows BS.