• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

What Do You Think Of Windows Me???

Xantos    0
Originally posted by RanCorX2

i hate winme. from my experiance its the worst os in the world. i mean it crashed every bootup for me, i ended hammering ctl+alt+del several times before it decided to continue loading windowes. (about 20 presses).

its hell with norton apps. it wouldn't run properly.

hdd performance was slowwwwwwwwwwwww

web browser ie kept crashing. blue screens galor.

I HATE U WINME U RUINED MY LIFE! (mayby a slight bit tofar, but its a big pile of monkey turd, from a monkey thats got as much brains as a grain a atomic mist....)

Issues anyone? :ponder:

Anyway me is not that bad of a OS if you know how you configure it for your hardware ;) Dont go installing everything on one boot and reboot and not expect it to crash do 1 thing then reboot when it asks to for gods sake :dead:

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm    263
Originally posted by RomeoXP1.0.8.6.

Sad, very sad....................:cross:

erm what exactly is that supposed to mean? oh so u can

make a witty comment about windows me but i can't?

its true winme is a pile of ****e. i can't help it if it was

enginered by a lifeform who has qualifications in

dos programming and didn't have the knowlage of windows.

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by Xantos

Issues anyone? :ponder:

Anyway me is not that bad of a OS if you know how you configure it for your hardware ;) Dont go installing everything on one boot and reboot and not expect it to crash do 1 thing then reboot when it asks to for gods sake :dead:

I have to give you credit for being right on target. Win Me is not a bad OS, I have used it with little of any problem. I did have problems when I had only a 64mb memory and a crappy video card. I upped it to 128, a little better, 256, a lot better, 320, pretty good, 512, excellent. I had a 32 meg card now a 64 great. And software wise I have had little of any problems, at least not any I could not correct. In fact, I have a Image burnt to CD when Me was set up perfectly, so I can set it in place perfectly. Piece of cake. GREAT reply you made!

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0

erm what exactly is that supposed to mean? oh so u can

make a witty comment about windows me but i can't?

its true winme is a pile of ****e. i can't help it if it was

enginered by a lifeform who has qualifications in

dos programming and didn't have the knowlage of windows.

Just being sympathetic to your sad plight. That's all. It seems to have affect your life drastically. Now you harbor anger towards anyone having to do with Me. I mean Windows Me. Me is a great OS in my experiece, I have found 98se to suck in comparison, although I probably haven't given 98se a fair shake. I used a very short time. Mostly I found it didn't give me the same performance and compatibility as Me did. I like XP pro.

win 95? Well it's OK, just not as user friendly as Me (I know what your'e thinking, no need to argue the point) This is my take on it.

win 3.1 never used it, don't see anypoint to use it.

win nt. seen it heard many many many bad things (Hearing many things about Me too, he he). I don't see any point to use it.

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by Neobond

Everything else ok RomeoXP1.0.8.6. ? :cheeky:

and for the record Windows ME is a pile of Poo (IMO) I left out the "H" intentionally

Reason: If I install Me at the same pace as Windows 2000 (apps + drivers) it will Blue screen alot and that goes without saying that Me shipped with a BETA version of IE5.5

I don't know what you mean.????

Pile of Poo is your opinion, and many many others...

Reason: What do you mean? And why would you? 2000 is a NT Kernel, Me is not. Generally, I would just follow the recommended requirements if not better.

i wasn't being serious in my post, but i was angry at the time of using winme. :devious: i was just telling everyone about my experiance with winme, i didn't mean to sound angry.

wildk    0

Reading through this thread i have noticed a lot of people slating ME with out giving any reason i.e ME is rubbish etc.

However like all OS if time and care is taken to set it up correctly with drivers etc, then there is no real reason why ME should not be a stable as any other (I know this is going to attract grief back but hey)

I personally don't like Win ME but i have friend and colleagues who use it on their PC's and have absolutely no problems with it (Including the setup and operation)

Yes there is a problem with upgrading ME from a 9x engine and i have been told that microsoft do not recommend this route (I could be wrong, but it's what i have been told) This might be related to some peoples problems with running ME

As regard the comments on using ME as long as you just browse the Net and type papers (Don take this as an offence plse romeo 1.0.8.6)) but i know people that use ME and carry out video editing with the darned thing and again have no problems and are quite happy with ME as their OS

I personnaly use XP Pro on my system and have had no problems with it driver wise or performance wise, similarly with Win 2000, I found both of them very stable and reliable

I agree with the comments that providing care is taken over the setup and configuration, i do not see any reason why ME cannot be as reliable

Win NT - Very reliable - if somewhat limitted driver support Still Using it at work (Kind of have to, Dictated to us by the powers that be)

If people are happy to use ME fine let them get on with it and others stick to what they are happy with, go with what works baby, and if it ain't broke dont fix it

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by wildk

Reading through this thread i have noticed a lot of people slating ME with out giving any reason i.e ME is rubbish etc.

However like all OS if time and care is taken to set it up correctly with drivers etc, then there is no real reason why ME should not be a stable as any other (I know this is going to attract grief back but hey)

I personally don't like Win ME but i have friend and colleagues who use it on their PC's and have ....

As regard the comments on using ME as long as you just browse the Net and type papers (Don take this as an offence plse romeo 1.0.8.6)) but i know people that use ME and carry out video editing with the darned thing and again have no problems and are quite happy with ME as their OS

If people are happy to use ME fine let them get on with it and others stick to what they are happy with, go with what works baby, and if it ain't broke dont fix it

I am not sure why you chose to mention me, I do mean me not Me. I didn't make the comment of surfing the net and typing papers, I don't agree with it anyway. I like what you had to say. You put your point across very well, although long....but I understand why. I garrantee anyone I can get Me running very well on any system given a few tricks I've learned. And I have done it on several different computers of various configurations.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it,............. TWEAK THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!!

especially if it don't work right...........:cool:

=NickJ=    0

what can I say? You are the god of all...You have all the answers and yes give out insult to those who you really dont know or just dont like what they have to say, however true it may be. But it's all good. You will probably put this in quotes and have some remark to make as well. Typical for someone like you. I am not trying to "better you", I simply didn't appreciate your insults. Keep them to yourself please. And provide helpful information where possibly. Give some thought to others in your comments.

ROFTLMAO you really dont like being wrong do you. And did you care to take a look at the title of the thread? Why slate people for stating their opinions of ME when its preciesly what this thread is all about?!

rand0m.bullet    33

RomeoXP1.0.8.6. as soon as someone says something bad about windows me your are quick to post a reply telling them winme is the greatest :rolleyes: :hurt:

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by Nick_Jones

ROFTLMAO you really dont like being wrong do you. And did you care to take a look at the title of the thread? Why slate people for stating their opinions of ME when its preciesly what this thread is all about?!

Alas, what can I say? You are correct. I give all smiles.

:) :old: :cool: :knocked-o :) :china: :bandit: ;) :ninja: :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it,............. TWEAK THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!!

especially if it don't work right...........:cool:

well winme can't be fixed because it was made broken. :)

rand0m.bullet    33

well winme can't be fixed because it was made broken. :)

I think this is what bill gates said to the Windows ME developers after ME was released.

"If it can't be fixed, don't bother"

:D

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by DJ^TuRKiYe

RomeoXP1.0.8.6. as soon as someone says something bad about windows me your are quick to post a reply telling them winme is the greatest :rolleyes: :hurt:

............................That's a pretty good assesment, but do you understand why? Start from the beginning of the thread, look at the poll, and then take into account the rotation of the earth on it's axis...(oops long night again).......I mean that I would like people to understand the common mistakes made with Me, and why exactly I believe it is the best win 9x OS's around.:) Everyone has an opinion, some are valid, others are not, some are very relevant, still others should just shut the hell up and keep it to themselves! ........oh I just want to make it clear, I dont mean you.

wildk    0

Sorry RomeoXP, got the wrong person, i'd just gone bug eyed after staring,at systems trying to fix NT boxes all day

No Offence intended

:right:

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0

I think this is what bill gates said to the Windows ME developers after ME was released.

"If it can't be fixed, don't bother"

:D

Win Me was made in a sense broken. Although it really won't be "fixed", it can be effectively be "patched" if done properly, and yes it can be done. I have done it many times.

WildK, none taken.

RanCorXK, read the above.

everyone else, *yawn* what time is it? damn 3 more hours of work................where am I anyway??????

daliam    0

So, I can conclude Windows ME was a big pile of absolute junk. Apart from the bug filled code there was the slow, unstable interface.

Well, I am happy now anyways - I'm with the best ever OS in the world - XP and eagerly awaiting Longhorn.

Cheers

Liam

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by daliam

So, I can conclude Windows ME was a big pile of absolute junk. Apart from the bug filled code there was the slow, unstable interface.

Well, I am happy now anyways - I'm with the best ever OS in the world - XP and eagerly awaiting Longhorn.

Cheers

Liam

Do you have XP pro or Home?

Cause so far by your statments that you are not a patient nor interested enough to make things work. And that's OK, most of the world is the same way. Windows Me in the right hands, obviously not yours, is a very good OS, much better than 98 or NT ever were.

rand0m.bullet    33

windows me better than win98 or nt don't make me laugh

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0

windows me better than win98 or nt don't make me laugh

Oh I thought we had cleared things up....guess not. To make you laugh? sh*t, Why waist my time? There are many idiots who have no understanding on how to make software work properly, why should you be any different?

sinatosk    0

heh i don't like it..... crap memory management and for some reason.... any file i had that was over 512 mb........... windows ME would corrupt ma files :s and messing up my diskfree space info ( that tells u how much diskspace u got ) :s :right:

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by zionath

heh i don't like it..... crap memory management and for some reason.... any file i had that was over 512 mb........... windows ME would corrupt ma files :s and messing up my diskfree space info ( that tells u how much diskspace u got ) :s :right:

Ok, be a little more specific.

I rarely have problems with Me anymore. I still use it along with XP. I can run certain programs with Me that will make XP fall apart over time. Yes that's right, the mighty XP will fall apart to a useless pile of dung that leaves you staring in disbelief. That's not to say that XP is a piece of crap, quite the opposite, it is the best. Just in certain conditions, mostly inherent to the design, it still craps out.

So in that regard, Me is a champ. The speed and stability I have gotten my copy to reach almost runs on the heels of XP. Although video is still a problem in Me that I have not figured out how to fix. But I will. Me acts as my controller program on my system. XP is the workhorse, and man does it work! I think Media Player 9 is a step in the right direction, Me still has 7.1!

mint0    11

I never had any problems when i was using ME, although im on xp now. :old:

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by xmintox

I never had any problems when i was using ME, although im on xp now. :old:

Hey good for you!:) Do you dual boot?

arsekicker    0

Ok, be a little more specific.

I rarely have problems with Me anymore. I still use it along with XP. I can run certain programs with Me that will make XP fall apart over time. Yes that's right, the mighty XP will fall apart to a useless pile of dung that leaves you staring in disbelief. That's not to say that XP is a piece of crap, quite the opposite, it is the best. Just in certain conditions, mostly inherent to the design, it still craps out.

So in that regard, Me is a champ. The speed and stability I have gotten my copy to reach almost runs on the heels of XP. Although video is still a problem in Me that I have not figured out how to fix. But I will. Me acts as my controller program on my system. XP is the workhorse, and man does it work! I think Media Player 9 is a step in the right direction, Me still has 7.1!

Oh I thought we had cleared things up....guess not. To make you laugh? sh*t, Why waist my time? There are many idiots who have no understanding on how to make software work properly, why should you be any different?

I guess you are one of these idiots since you can't get certain software to not turn XP into a useless pile of dung.

If I have a product that works fine on some systems, and for people who know what they are doing, but my operating system is targeted toward the home user and the home user and a large portion of systems have problems with ME then I would say my product is a failure.