• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

What Do You Think Of Windows Me???

=NickJ=    0
Originally posted by RomeoXP1.0.8.6.

Yeah under XP any video card driver, Except maybe Geforce 4, has problems. I found intially after upgrading from Me, the graphics do well, agfter your first update, bam, half the out put???

Setting your system for best performance (looking like 2k) the video performace is about 2/3 of normal. Other than a few other small problems, XP pro is great! Oh by the way, XP pro runs sooooo smoothly on my system. And Freakin fast too!

"Any" video card driver? You nuts? Just because you've had bad experiences, some of us do actually know how to get the right drivers.

dacbo    0
Originally posted by =Indy-UK=

Strange how MS could release this buggy piece of crap AFTER the release of Win2k, which was far superior in stability.

The problem is that unlike Windows 95 and 98, Windows Me never had a second edition or service pack upgrade.

Microsoft basically released it and then abandoned it and its users and moved onto promoting XP.

thats because windows me was a service pack / upgrade, they just didnt sell it as that

0sit0    182
Originally posted by Fedr0

I really hope this thread is just a big joke! :s

LOL man i love your sign!,lol, everytime i see that little cat i stop and look at it, LOL

:p

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by Nick_Jones

"Any" video card driver? You nuts? Just because you've had bad experiences, some of us do actually know how to get the right drivers.

WTF?!!! Stop using those damn drugs. :right:

WindowsPRO    0

ME was a "virus"... it was a quick version of windows spit out by Microsoft to keep users "interested" in it's new technology, showing it was bringing them the media updates the economy wanted.

Overall it was a flop... especially for upgraders. Clean installs probably weren't as bad... but few of us were graced with that.

I've always given it a big thumbs down.

=NickJ=    0

WTF?!!! Stop using those damn drugs. :right:

You think I'm the one using the drugs? You made a rediculous generalisation about something you clearly have had no experience other than on you're own poor excuse for a video card. What you replied with made no sense whatsoever

Joswin    25

Yeah under XP any video card driver, Except maybe Geforce 4, has problems.

Just wanted to add something..

Nvidia drivers are unified so someone using a geforce4 and someone using a geforce2 would actually be using the same driver. Oh yeah not every video card driver has problems in XP, infact thats total pish (and thats putting it very polite).

Dazzla    5

Just wanna add a little opinion.

Just sold my laptop so I used the Sony VAIO restore CD which is Win ME. I installed it, nice fast boot, all official drivers, no blue screens, all the software working flawlessy.

This has been sold to a guy who knows jack about computers so it won't be hacked, tweaked etc. I doubt he'll install any other softare.

So in this case, I think that it was the right choice.

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0

You think I'm the one using the drugs? You made a rediculous generalisation about something you clearly have had no experience other than on you're own poor excuse for a video card. What you replied with made no sense whatsoever

Thanks for your lame remark. You have great day.:)

cope    0
Originally posted by RobertH

Just wanted to add something..

Nvidia drivers are unified so someone using a geforce4 and someone using a geforce2 would actually be using the same driver. Oh yeah not every video card driver has problems in XP, infact thats total pish (and thats putting it very polite).

Actually, when i exchanged my gf2 for a gf4, i had to reinstall the videodrivers... It's the same driverkit, but i don't think it's the same driver :)

ramesees    348
Originally posted by cope

Actually, when i exchanged my gf2 for a gf4, i had to reinstall the videodrivers... It's the same driverkit, but i don't think it's the same driver :)

Yeah it was the same for me as well

I had a TNT2 32Mb card and installed the 29.42 drivers from nVidia, then removed the card and put in the gf2MX-400 (below) and had to reinstall the driver

All under XP of course

dacbo    0

Yeah under XP any video card driver, Except maybe Geforce 4, has problems. I found intially after upgrading from Me, the graphics do well, agfter your first update, bam, half the out put???

Setting your system for best performance (looking like 2k) the video performace is about 2/3 of normal. Other than a few other small problems, XP pro is great! Oh by the way, XP pro runs sooooo smoothly on my system. And Freakin fast too!

never had any problems with video drivers in xp i think u r a bit mad really

it even detected and installed drivers for my crappy 1mb cirrus logic 5446 and 5465

mlerner    0

Windows ME blowz.

atomoverride    0

Worst opertating system ever.

=NickJ=    0

Thanks for your lame remark. You have great day.:)

LOL so so far your excellent replies to the debate have been that a) i'm on drugs and b) my justification of the afformentioned comment was lame. nice one ;) :ponder:

try reading the other people's comments, maybe it'll start to sink in :cheeky:

BxBoy    0

My thought is that since it was the new millenium, they (M$) thought they could rip us off a little more. If I had the choice between this or Win98, I'd go with Win98. Else.. it's either Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

S550    106

my os rating:

1. .net rc1(hasent crashed yet, going on 1 week)

2. xp homepro(minor self caused problems)

3. 3.1 (never crashed on me) (saved my copy of it simply cuz its a great os if all you do is type reports)

4. 98/se (nice interface w/ good stablity)

5.NT4 (never really had a problem w/ it)

6. 95 (ok interface w/ ok stability)

7. ME )good if all you do is browse the web and type papers) (boot time is 5 yrs, soon as u push the power button it dies)

8. 2k i just dont like it. its just to rigid for me i dunno

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by net-cruizer

I don't think about it, lol.

No one actually uses it do they? As far as I've noticed, computer manufacturers knew it was no good right from the start, so not many computers had it installed.

And from what I've read, Windows 98 had the most sales out of any OS by far.

98 out sold others? It was around longer than others. Me had barely a year and a half. 98 is at Me's core, if you dont like Me the shut the hell up and dont use it. Bunch of whimps. "oh crappy windows Me crashes, ...a piece a sh1t...., I like Xp.., I don't like hair in my soup...." LIKE I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP, NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK. That goes for all of you who have only crap to say about Me. Keep it to yourself and dont use Me. This forum is for helping others and giving out helpful informaiton. That's what makes Neowin.net a great resource.

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by altecxp

my os rating:

1. .net rc1(hasent crashed yet, going on 1 week)

2. xp homepro(minor self caused problems)

3. 3.1 (never crashed on me) (saved my copy of it simply cuz its a great os if all you do is type reports)

4. 98/se (nice interface w/ good stablity)

5.NT4 (never really had a problem w/ it)

6. 95 (ok interface w/ ok stability)

7. ME )good if all you do is browse the web and type papers) (boot time is 5 yrs, soon as u push the power button it dies)

8. 2k i just dont like it. its just to rigid for me i dunno

BRAVO, very intelligenty put.:cool: I use 2k at work, it's alright. I tried it at home didn't like it then, didn't understand alot about driivers then either, that explains it. I have XP and it's great. Every OS has it's good points and bad. I constantly use Me at home with little problems. XP pro actually gives me more problems recently. Maybe that sp is doing it?

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm    263

i hate winme. from my experiance its the worst os in the world. i mean it crashed every bootup for me, i ended hammering ctl+alt+del several times before it decided to continue loading windowes. (about 20 presses).

its hell with norton apps. it wouldn't run properly.

hdd performance was slowwwwwwwwwwwww

web browser ie kept crashing. blue screens galor.

I HATE U WINME U RUINED MY LIFE! (mayby a slight bit tofar, but its a big pile of monkey turd, from a monkey thats got as much brains as a grain a atomic mist....)

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0

LOL so so far your excellent replies to the debate have been that a) i'm on drugs and b) my justification of the afformentioned comment was lame. nice one ;) :ponder:

try reading the other people's comments, maybe it'll start to sink in :cheeky:

what can I say? You are the god of all...You have all the answers and yes give out insult to those who you really dont know or just dont like what they have to say, however true it may be. But it's all good. You will probably put this in quotes and have some remark to make as well. Typical for someone like you. I am not trying to "better you", I simply didn't appreciate your insults. Keep them to yourself please. And provide helpful information where possibly. Give some thought to others in your comments.

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0

No I am not Nuts, but thanks for suggesting it. And it is not a right driver issue. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card, motherboard, etc...I understand how to get the card to get the card's top performance under XP, just as soon as I install the drivers, the performance appears to be cut in half or less. Different drivers do affect how much a decrease. I dont understand how to fix it. I am contacting the Maker to hopefully get resolution (no pun). I believe you are an intelligent person so please offer viable solutions or at least curtious helpful information. Thanks.

RomeoXP1.0.8.6.    0
Originally posted by RanCorX2

i hate winme. from my experiance its the worst os in the world. i mean it crashed every bootup for me, i ended hammering ctl+alt+del several times before it decided to continue loading windowes. (about 20 presses).

its hell with norton apps. it wouldn't run properly.

hdd performance was slowwwwwwwwwwwww

web browser ie kept crashing. blue screens galor.

I HATE U WINME U RUINED MY LIFE! (mayby a slight bit tofar, but its a big pile of monkey turd, from a monkey thats got as much brains as a grain a atomic mist....)

Sad, very sad....................:cross:

Chipi    0

i could never upgrade to windows me, there was always a problem, and when i did a clean one - it sucked anyway!

Steven P.    14,693

Everything else ok RomeoXP1.0.8.6. ? :cheeky:

and for the record Windows ME is a pile of Poo (IMO) I left out the "H" intentionally

Reason: If I install Me at the same pace as Windows 2000 (apps + drivers) it will Blue screen alot and that goes without saying that Me shipped with a BETA version of IE5.5